Australian Logos for VHLM

Berocka

Hi So todays theme in the VHL is the VHLM. I thought what is the most useless thing I can write 500 words about in regards to the VHLM. Well I thought I will look at the VHLM logos and see which Australian Sport team can I use to replace each of the logos and give a brief little explanation to my reasoning. Now I am unsure with some of them what I will do so lets do it live baby. Also the idea came to me after looking at Spyros art jerseys and there were a lot of old logos made with Australian Rugby League team logos.

Halifax 21st

Fremantle Dockers are an AFL team based in Western Australia, if you don’t know Australian Geography go google a map or something. I think this one fits pretty good Halifax is based on Pier 21 I believe a Pier is like a Dock and someone who works at the Docks is called a Docker so if you don’t think this is a good match go find a better one.

Houston Bulls

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQh8nzy9ITCxiKMBfXHCOB

Queensland Bulls are a state cricket team that plays in 2/3 Australian cricket leagues. I think this one is pretty self explanatory as they are literally both called the bulls you couldn’t find a better match if you tried.

Las Vegas Aces

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHq2nFTgZl9TfKVKwi1Td

Essendon Bombers are an Australian Rules Football team that are based in a suburb with a big airfield therefore having the logo that is an aeroplane. I used this after the Plane shape in the current Las Vegas logo.

Mexico City Kings

Sydney_Kings_logo.svg

Sydney Kings is another one that is a perfect match, it is an Australian basketball team and I literally do not know anything more than it is for a team based in Sydney, the basketball scene is not one that I follow closely but I couldn’t say no to a perfect match now could I?

Miami Marauders

Canberra-Raiders-Logo-2000.png

Canberra Raiders, this one I wasn’t sure about but according to google a Marauder is a raider so now this one is a perfect match as well. The Canberra Raiders are an Rugby League team that are known for their bright green jerseys.

Mississauga Hounds

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRK0ads9jU__s8UggeDeH3

Western Bulldogs I had three options for this one. The one I picked is an Australian Rules football team and I think it was a good choice for the Hounds as they use similar colour schemes as well. The other two options were the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and the Sydney Ice Dogs. I didn’t want to use any Australian Ice Hockey League teams as I thought that was kind of cheating.

Ottawa Lynx

Penrith-Panthers-logo.png

Penrith Panthers are a pretty close fit they are both big cats and in essence a cat is a cat right the Panthers are an Rugby League team that play in NSW.

Philadelphia Reapers

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF8aMeTcePpgRxIsgn0bY

Melbourne Demons this one was probably the hardest fit as they Demons are kind of like Reapers I guess but their logo doesn’t really show the Demons unless you use some of their more obscure logos.

Saskatoon Wild

Perth_Wildcats_logo.svg

Perth Wildcats, both teams have wild in their name so really this is a perfect fit. This is another Basketball team so see the Kings entry for my full thoughts.

San Diego Marlins

Cronulla-Sutherland_Sharks_logo.svg

Cronulla Sharks would be my pick for this as both Sharks and Marlins are fish so this is another perfect match for me, the sharks are a Rugby League team and are most well known for having ex prime minister Scott Morrison as their number one fan.

If you think you can find a better fit for any team I would love to see it!

So a challenge to @DarkSpyro now is to make VHLM Australia jerseys using these logos for the current teams! Also maybe @BOOM, @dasboot & @Banackock would appreciate this one lol