Offseason Rambling

Alex

Leaving VSN... Kind of

It was a tough decision to step down from my role as Editor-in-Chief of VSN, but I am happy to have left it in good hands with @Pifferfish, and I'm really excited to see him get started as he does bring a lot of ideas, and passion to the role. I'll be staying on as a writer, but I want to focus more on the VSN scouting side of things, specifically prospect reports, and the mock draft. The added benefit is that I'll have more time to just write randomly, and write more about Davos.

A Busy Start to the Off-Season for Davos

We started the off-season with a bang, extending all of Antonia Bucatini @CowboyinAmerica, Forum Content @frescoelmo, and Aleksanteri Kaskiniemi-Kekkonen @Snussu long term, and calling up all of Felicia Hardy @JCarson, Jonny Tsunami @Vice, Matteo Stefano @mmrs617, and the aforementioned Kaskiniemi-Kekkonen. In addition to this I made the decision to bolster our blue line a bit by brining in Ben Laas @dustywilson22 in a trade with D.C. which saw us send out the 13th overall pick in the upcoming draft for Laas. Lastly, this morning we made another trade this morning, to bring in Ugh Sike @UghSike, it's a bit of a gamble, but Sike still has a lot of upside and is a great guy. Davos is coming off of their 3rd season of the rebuild, and the hope for the coming season is to make the playoffs, and hopefully win a round!

Skor McFleury

McFleury is coming off of one of the best seasons of their career, as they had a career high of 35 goals, and their 2nd highest point total of 98 points. Now entering their final season, I have managed to save enough to make it through regression, only 322 TPA (RIP me). Riga is in a good spot moving forward, and I for one am very excited to see what @Lemorse7 does this offseason to fill the gaps left by The Frenchman and Sadie St. Louis retiring. We're also only 64 points away from 700, a milestone that would be very nice to hit since my first player always seemed to fall short, nothing like finishing your career with 199 goals lol. McFleury is also already signed for S95 with  Riga, seems fitting that we'll be ending their career in the same place it started way back in S87.  For McFleury I'm mostly just waiting for VHL awards to see if their fate as a VHL HOFer is going to happen.

____ Panda

On the retirement date I'll be creating my next player, a goalie, and have hired @Lemorse7 to be my agent. My main goal for this player is not to play a single game until the VHL, so we're going to pull a Oskar Lindbergh and enter the VHLM farm system. There's a chance that I could be persuaded to actually play in the VHLM, but it would likely take some convincing, and the right situation. So we'll see what the season brings for Panda. I'm actually really excited to start my 3rd player's career, especially since I'm coming off of a very strong career with McFleury, so I'm prepared to be very disappointed, especially since goalies are voodoo and nobody really knows the recipe for success since Simon just loves to ruin things. 

10 hours ago, Alex said:

Leaving VSN... Kind of

It was a tough decision to step down from my role as Editor-in-Chief of VSN, but I am happy to have left it in good hands with @Pifferfish, and I'm really excited to see him get started as he does bring a lot of ideas, and passion to the role. I'll be staying on as a writer, but I want to focus more on the VSN scouting side of things, specifically prospect reports, and the mock draft. The added benefit is that I'll have more time to just write randomly, and write more about Davos.

A Busy Start to the Off-Season for Davos

We started the off-season with a bang, extending all of Antonia Bucatini @CowboyinAmerica, Forum Content @frescoelmo, and Aleksanteri Kaskiniemi-Kekkonen @Snussu long term, and calling up all of Felicia Hardy @JCarson, Jonny Tsunami @Vice, Matteo Stefano @mmrs617, and the aforementioned Kaskiniemi-Kekkonen. In addition to this I made the decision to bolster our blue line a bit by brining in Ben Laas @dustywilson22 in a trade with D.C. which saw us send out the 13th overall pick in the upcoming draft for Laas. Lastly, this morning we made another trade this morning, to bring in Ugh Sike @UghSike, it's a bit of a gamble, but Sike still has a lot of upside and is a great guy. Davos is coming off of their 3rd season of the rebuild, and the hope for the coming season is to make the playoffs, and hopefully win a round!

Skor McFleury

McFleury is coming off of one of the best seasons of their career, as they had a career high of 35 goals, and their 2nd highest point total of 98 points. Now entering their final season, I have managed to save enough to make it through regression, only 322 TPA (RIP me). Riga is in a good spot moving forward, and I for one am very excited to see what @Lemorse7 does this offseason to fill the gaps left by The Frenchman and Sadie St. Louis retiring. We're also only 64 points away from 700, a milestone that would be very nice to hit since my first player always seemed to fall short, nothing like finishing your career with 199 goals lol. McFleury is also already signed for S95 with  Riga, seems fitting that we'll be ending their career in the same place it started way back in S87.  For McFleury I'm mostly just waiting for VHL awards to see if their fate as a VHL HOFer is going to happen.

____ Panda

On the retirement date I'll be creating my next player, a goalie, and have hired @Lemorse7 to be my agent. My main goal for this player is not to play a single game until the VHL, so we're going to pull a Oskar Lindbergh and enter the VHLM farm system. There's a chance that I could be persuaded to actually play in the VHLM, but it would likely take some convincing, and the right situation. So we'll see what the season brings for Panda. I'm actually really excited to start my 3rd player's career, especially since I'm coming off of a very strong career with McFleury, so I'm prepared to be very disappointed, especially since goalies are voodoo and nobody really knows the recipe for success since Simon just loves to ruin things. 

Not me only reading that no first name has been selected and I want Kung Fu Panda now!!!