HSK/CGY; S95

VHL Bot

3 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

Isn't it a FA signing and not them re-signing?

We don't really have a rule in place around this, but to me it seemed like it was the condition executing since the player signed with the team that acquired their rights. If we want to be more granular, then I suppose I could escalate it to Blues and see if a hard line can be drawn. That's up to @leandrofg if he wants to appeal it though because I think he'd have grounds.

Edited by Spartan

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

We don't really have a rule in place around this, but to me it seemed like it was the condition executing since the player signed with the team that acquired their rights. If we want to be more granular, then I suppose I could escalate it to Blues and see if a hard line can be drawn. That's up to @leandrofg if he wants to appeal it though because I think he'd have grounds.

I was just thinking about it since I'm also in a similar situation with Dilson

Just now, N0HBDY said:

I was just thinking about it since I'm also in a similar situation with Dilson

Speaking of which, your contract offer to him was fucked up, you gave him a 1 season extension with a player option that can't be executed. So I'm just going to pick it up for him and you'll have to give him a fresh extension for next season.

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

Speaking of which, your contract offer to him was fucked up, you gave him a 1 season extension with a player option that can't be executed. So I'm just going to pick it up for him and you'll have to give him a fresh extension for next season.

ya that plan was for this season for him to sign and have the option next, your way will be fine as well, but even on his end he couldn't accept it, I think I just forgot how to offer those contracts but figured since finances showed he was there it was fine.

6 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

ya that plan was for this season for him to sign and have the option next, your way will be fine as well, but even on his end he couldn't accept it, I think I just forgot how to offer those contracts but figured since finances showed he was there it was fine.

Yea the option applies to the last year you fill in a value for, if you just offer one year, the option goes on that year. You can't pick up options for the season when FA starts....since that's the point of exercising an option. So you'd have needed to add a 2nd year in the offer to get the option on S96 instead.

15 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Send him to FA for fun

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2024 at 6:55 PM, Spartan said:

I would love to have some evaluation on this matter. If not for this instance, for any future occasions this might happen.