Ash Sparks Jersey Retirement

ash-sparks-v0-suua19ukkuhd1.jpg?width=15

If anyone were to realize just how close we were to an Ash Sparks-less Malmo, it was close. After a few seasons as a backup, @DarkSpyro Ash Sparks was ready to call it quits. But a trade changed his fate, and the rest is history.

While his overall career didn't lead to any championships, he finally ended his time in the league with two Victory Cups (S92 and S93) along with a Greg Clegane in S93. He now leads all of Malmo's goalies in overall wins (226), OTLs (37), 2nd in starting goalie SV% (0.926), 1st in starting goalie GAA (2.41), and SOs (30). Even if there were debates as to his effectiveness, his numbers showed he was one of (if not the) best goalies in Malmo's history.

And so, as the Nighthawks progress into the future with new goalies at the helm, I am proud to announce that Ash Spark's jersey will be hung in the Malmo rafters for all time!

ash-sparks-v0-rrjxb5ukkuhd1.png?width=47

Edited by KaleebtheMighty

Hands down some of the best memories I’ve made in the VHL in a long time, and I owe it to you and everyone in the Nighthawks LR who played with Sparks in Malmo since S89. There have been some bitter disappointment and frustrating moments where I felt the league was out to get me.. but truly, this means more to me than any award or cup every could. Thank you for this honour, recognition, and for the wonderful time spent this past year!😭 

It was a blessing to be your Captain for so many seasons Nighthawks. Give ‘em hell, and hope to meet up with you all again someday in the future!

-🔥⚡