Earbud help

Kesler

So for my birthday (today) I got a set of Monster Diesel earbuds because my Monster DNA's just died a couple weeks ago because of at the plug the wires came loose. The DNA's still work but I have a mini zap strap holding the cable to the plug so the wires stay connected (not really an ussue) but my dad says I can take the Diesels back and pick another set if I dont like them.

So basically what I am asking is are they any good? Or should I get some bose's or something else. The Diesels are very similar and sound the same as the DNA's so I dont mind them. But I want a long lasting earbud.

Thanks to whoever helps.

From what I've read they are actually quite decent. Good build quality and very solid sound. For recommendations it totally depends on what you want. In ear? Over ear? Price range? Let me know and I'll help you out.

From what I've read they are actually quite decent. Good build quality and very solid sound. For recommendations it totally depends on what you want. In ear? Over ear? Price range? Let me know and I'll help you out.

Price range around 80 bucks or so, but its really not up to me and in ear.

Cool.

There are great quality for the price, but they do stick out a bit, so if you want to wear a hat or helmet with them it might be uncomfortable. http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B003S3RFIQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368978550&sr=1-4&keywords=etymotic

Otherwise I'd go for Sennheisers that fit your price range.

Edited by Jackim

wtf happy bday kesler

I have Bose earbuds that are like 5 years old and still going strong (I've had a couple years of every day use and then less, weekly use for the other 3 years) and never had an issue.

I have these ones though:

7397-bose7.jpg

and I dont think Bose makes them anymore, as all of Bose in-ear headphones I can find have this weird hook thing on them to wrap around your inner-ear I think.

Either way, best headphones I ever purchased, and they were $99 like 5 years ago when I got them.

So I settled with the Diesels because I didnt like the klipschs or the seinnhowsers and my dad didnt wanna get the 100$ bose's because they had no controller on them. But the Diesels have a triangle cord so I hope they stay strong for a year but I wanna get a warranty.

Kilpsch and Sennheiser are really good brands for what you are getting.

I can highly recommend the ones I have though. They're Bose and they never fall out of your ear.

They're a little more expensive than what you're asking though.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/product/bose-bose-in-ear-headphones-mie2-black-white-mie2/10209642.aspx?path=1f5ce3deb8165d81b8ce72abf759c020en02

Those are the ones I used to have and are on sale right now for $99.

I upgraded to the Sports ones not too long ago that are $150 and love them as well.

Since when I got those IE2's they were around $150 and when I went to trade them in after they broke, those sports were the same price as the IE2's had gotten cheaper. So obviously I went for the Sports ones.

I originally had the IE2's back when they were $250 years ago. Needed money, traded them in....got them back years later.

BestBuy has the thing where you get to trade it in if there are any problems. Although nowadays they always try to convince me that they can't swap it at the store and I have to mail them to the manufacturer, and I always have to argue that no, I've been doing this for years trading it in with the exact same plan. Dumbasses.

Edited by DollarAndADream

Same ones as me, bud! Except mine are like green because that's the only colour they had on the night that I went in to trade my old ones. My old ones were broken so I had to get a new pair that night.... :P

Broken because it was entirely my fault though. Those headphones can go through a ton of crap and not break. I've gone hiking and done a lot of stuff in the rain as well. Dropped them in a puddle a couple of times as well. Lol.

Same ones as me, bud! Except mine are like green because that's the only colour they had on the night that I went in to trade my old ones. My old ones were broken so I had to get a new pair that night.... :P

Broken because it was entirely my fault though. Those headphones can go through a ton of crap and not break. I've gone hiking and done a lot of stuff in the rain as well. Dropped them in a puddle a couple of times as well. Lol.

Haa nice, it says their is a 5 year warrant for them.

Haa nice, it says their is a 5 year warrant for them.

The plan that I have I think is from like 2-3 years ago. It let's you trade your buds in up to 3 times in like a 3 or 5 year period. I don't remember all the details.

I just know that the last time I traded them in, they told me I had to mail them to the manufacturer. Then I said since when? Then the guy said we haven't been doing the trade-ins in the store for years. Then I was like well I did a trade in like 6 months ago and I've been doing it here for years. Then the manager came over and told the guy to let me do it.

I think they're just trying to tell people they can't trade it in in-store because it's more of a hassle for them to take broken headphones and give you a brand new one. It's easier for them to say no, send them to Bose and they can deal with it.

It literally says in the little pamphlet thing I have that it's an in-store thing.

Also, for what it's worth The Source had the same thing going on a year ago last time when I checked there. They had a thing where you can trade it in 3 times no questions asked if you bought the $20 warranty or whatever. Obviously The Source doesn't have as big of a headphone selection as Best Buy or Future Shop though, that's why I switched over and found out about Best Buy's trade in thing. Best Buy and Future Shop are the same with everything too because they're owned by the same place.