College Bowl Pick 'Em

sterling

I know the above post was a joke, but it just comes off as sour grapes.

You say everyone has the option but the fact is few are benefiting greatly while others are making nothing, that is a fact, anyone can see it easily. Say everyone can do it? I don't really feel I have the time to put into it when I work 14-20 hours a day. but hey I'm one person, I'm sure everyone feels the way you do and I'm the exception.

Well everyone does have the option to recruit though, it's not just open to Green and I. You keep painting us because we earned TPE for recruiting but keep hiding the fact that it's not open just to him and I. How are others not benefiting from recruiting? If they aren't thats not the leagues fault or Green and I's fault for it. It's a prerogative type of reward, if you do the work you get rewarded. If you don't like that, don't point fingers at either of us for it. This was my argument before, we are doing it and we don't make the rules over how much it is. You don't have the time and thats fine I understand you are a hard working father and have your priorities straight, hell I respect that. That doesn't mean the option of recruiting is cut off from you by the league, it just limits you from time. But it's still a service done for the league on a persons own time. Not sure what part of that you keep pointing to "it's unfair for everyone but Kendrick and Green" for.

An example if Victor says we are having a writing competition or graphics competition, it's open to everyone and everyone gets TPE for doing it. If you don't do it, is that unfair for you? I'd say no because the option to do it is there for you.

Yeah we are arguing two different things Kendrick. I'm not painting you any way, I'm stating the facts. I have said numerous times it's open to everyone, I know it's open to everyone, not hiding any facts here. Yes it's not the fault of the league or you or anyone, it's nobodies fault that few people earn big points from the thing. Is it GOOD for the league? The powers that be have deemed having a few elite players over and above everyone else is worth it. So be it, they revamped the points that people get for it, I'm all good with it. You are however the person who has benefited the most from the program and are also the one who defends it the most, actually you are the only one to ever defend it to any of my statements so far. But if you did read to the end you would have read this.

(9 TPE max a week. Yearly predictions and 6 weeks per season of fantasy zone uncapped then Recruiting points) Once every 6 VHL seasons some guys earn TPE for NFL, well we found the problem,   :rolleyes:

My basic point is, I have been here since season 8 off and on and the fantasy zone has had those games through my time here. Now those things are gone because you and green are getting too much inflation. Yes I know that it's open to everyone, I already stated it. Fact is it was your two current players that brought this inflation crap to a head. At this point in Nydroj's career he had similar TPE as Stropko and he was season 18. I did everything I could back then and I do everything now, except recruit. Wrapping this up, I give a shit what you earn from recruiting. My point is that recruiting TPE is pushing out something I love about this league. oh shit, lets get rid of something that provides and avenue to keep people active and pays so little in comparison to some other things. It couldn't be scaled back to just the big three sports? There couldn't be a discussion about it? Nah fuck it we'll just end it and not bother to tell anyone. oh I know Kendrick, you and a couple cronies discussed it in some obscure place nobody saw. Considering I run this portion of the site and I never seen it I would say I'm pretty accurate there. Fact is, I don't want to talk to you about recruiting, inflation or anything else, I think you're about yourself and not the league despite what you say. The only reason I'm responding to you is because I want to get a point across and people will read this shit because you are in here talking shit.

• Admin

Recruitment incentives are clearly working since prior to the TPE changes we didn't have several strong drafts in a row. That said, we've curbed it a bit, especially for lower TPE amounts where recruit activity isn't guaranteed.

There was no official announcement or even decision on the fantasy leagues, hence you were in the dark. All leagues that were already underway are unaffected anyway. You can consider this the announcement though: only ice hockey leagues and playoff predictions, as well as obviously VHL related things will count for TPE now.

Also, clear and concise posts please. I don't want to read essays to get to your points.

P.S. Ineptitude is quite the accusation from a person who sometimes struggles with a single team or the fantasy zone.

Recruitment incentives are clearly working since prior to the TPE changes we didn't have several strong drafts in a row. That said, we've curbed it a bit, especially for lower TPE amounts where recruit activity isn't guaranteed.

There was no official announcement or even decision on the fantasy leagues, hence you were in the dark. All leagues that were already underway are unaffected anyway. You can consider this the announcement though: only ice hockey leagues and playoff predictions, as well as obviously VHL related things will count for TPE now.

Also, clear and concise posts please. I don't want to read essays to get to your points.

P.S. Ineptitude is quite the accusation from a person who sometimes struggles with a single team or the fantasy zone.

I know it works, said it many times, over-payment was my point.

Gay

OK

I'm not struggling with either one, I've had all the fantasy zones done every season since taken over, won grader of the year for graphics since doing that job, have not missed a PT since coming back, have my rebuild and team running the exact way I want it too. I don't really want to get in a pissing match though, especially when by all accounts I'll be inactive in a week or so. So I'll take my leave. 

By the way, if I was talking shit. Then goodness your definition is off. I was just stating what was already said in another thread that apparently Victor knew about and implemented. Like I said at the start though, you aren't every in the loop as the first few days of the week you said you are busy with work, which I understand. Not sure why you had to steer it into a pissing match. All I was doing is defending my self for putting in effort.

By the way, if I was talking shit. Then goodness your definition is off. I was just stating what was already said in another thread that apparently Victor knew about and implemented. Like I said at the start though, you aren't every in the loop as the first few days of the week you said you are busy with work, which I understand. Not sure why you had to steer it into a pissing match. All I was doing is defending my self for putting in effort.

You are always talking shit.

Victor said nothing of any thread and said he just made the decision when his statement was made, nothing was set before that. Stop making things up.

I'm not in the loop because you idiots have discussions in obscure threads about things for one, I'm not informed because no decision was made before yesterday for two, I'm not informed because PMing the person running that portion of the site that changes are being made is far too much work for three.

I didn't turn this into a pissing match, you did. And you did it because I used you as an example of why recruitment TPE over-payment and inflation is ruining other areas of the league like this one.