Out of a job

iRockstar

You can't really guilt trip consumers for not coming to a place with a clearly supbar supply chain. The real peopel to blame are the corporate swine who thought this plan out.

Bingo. Those same people in there now probably had nothing good to tell friends before with how lacklustre the stores were, I know I didn't. I went in yesterday to see if things were marked down because of closing and STILL walked out with nothing, because even on sale stuff is too expensive. Don't blame us because target set their prices too high and didn't stock properly.

The amount of disgusting people that come in like vultures, is just stupid. If we had the sales we've had the past 3-4 days before the store was closing, they'd have NO reason to close. We've exceeded our sale goals by like way too much for the time that's going on.

The only thing that may benefit me to keep my job longer is that I have experience in Starbucks, Electronics, Sales Floor, Backroom and Cashier. So because I've been in so many departments and I've been a TL and now ETL in Electronics, they may keep me haha.

Having only ever worked retail, I don't get your mentality. I'm a vulture because target is more expensive than other places so once their prices go down and I check it out, its a bad thing? Its not the consumer's fault you're losing your job, so you shouldn't place your anger on them. If anything they're the only reason you're still getting a pay cheque for the next few months.

Yeah, there are SO many people in there now. I almost wanted to stand up on the check lane and guilt trip them for not being there the last two years.

And all of that is going to help you big time. I'm in my third month there so I'm pretty much fucked. Our TL wanted to get us all cash trained so we can help on sales floor once all the backroom stuff is done, but the STL was like "nahhhh" so I think we'll all be told to stay home by the end of the month. I don't want to keep working in retail anyways.

Sorry for third response, but same thing. You want to guilt trip people for not being willing to spend more money on something they can get cheaper somewhere else? I get that you guys are upset but direct your anger at the right place. If Target had been worth shopping at, they wouldn't be closing. People shouldn't have had to be willing to pay more for the exact same products they could get elsewhere just because target tried to do the same thing they do in the US- be priced slightly higher than walmart but offer a nicer store. I'd rather shop at Walmart and save that 20-30 dollars every week or so.

Having only ever worked retail, I don't get your mentality. I'm a vulture because target is more expensive than other places so once their prices go down and I check it out, its a bad thing? Its not the consumer's fault you're losing your job, so you shouldn't place your anger on them. If anything they're the only reason you're still getting a pay cheque for the next few months.

It's the fact that you sit here and complain about "empty shelves" and all this other stuff, which I never said wasn't true, but you complain along with millions of others about this and that, but the minute the company is going out of business, all of a sudden everyone comes and flocks in. 

Do you know how many people I've had in the past 3-4 days come into my store and tell me "Wow, this place looks great, sure do wish I had shopped here before". Like, the only reason they're coming in is because they think they're getting deals but they're not, it's all going to liquidators and they're just going to re-sell it off at other stores. 

Those kind of customers are the kind I hate. If they showed half the interest they're showing now, Target wouldn't be closing now, hence me calling them vultures, cause they are. 

It's the fact that you sit here and complain about "empty shelves" and all this other stuff, which I never said wasn't true, but you complain along with millions of others about this and that, but the minute the company is going out of business, all of a sudden everyone comes and flocks in. 

Do you know how many people I've had in the past 3-4 days come into my store and tell me "Wow, this place looks great, sure do wish I had shopped here before". Like, the only reason they're coming in is because they think they're getting deals but they're not, it's all going to liquidators and they're just going to re-sell it off at other stores. 

Those kind of customers are the kind I hate. If they showed half the interest they're showing now, Target wouldn't be closing now, hence me calling them vultures, cause they are. 

Yes, because again, the items get marked down. What you're saying would make sense if the only issue had been lack of items in stock, but you're missing the BIGGEST issue, which was that the items that were there were simply more expensive than comparable (or in some cases, EXACT) items in other stores. Of course people aren't going to want to shop there if we have to spend more money for the same items I can get elsewhere. Stop zeroing in on one issue and realize there were countless issues at play, all of which can be overlooked by some people now that the prices are lower.

Those people can suck sure. But I WILL also say that on the flipside of that as a customer, the store looked better when I went in yesterday than the other 4 times I'd been to that one, and there were more employees than they seemed to know what to do with. The other times I've been in the Targets around me, I saw maybe one or 2 employees the entire time, in a 2 floor store. Yesterday, there were 5 women in the fitting room getting go-backs, ALONE. That's not including the numerous other employees I saw everywhere. The issue is that in the recent days since they've announced the closing, I've heard nothing but good about the store (even though I still didn't buy anything, because again even on sale it's all overpriced). In the year or however long they've been here, I've heard AND experienced nothing but bad.

Again, people aren't vultures because we look for better deals. That's an absolutely ignorant line of thinking, and the fact that you're passing ANY blame to the customers because Target decided to set up a system where they charged more for the same items that could be found elsewhere for cheaper is ridiculous. Target is to blame here for shitty business practices, not the customers who didn't fall for them until the last minute.

Edited by Caillean

At least at my store, we haven't started the liquidation process. All these sales that people are coming in and going nuts over are the standard sales that were scheduled to take place. The only people I'm really irritated with are the ones who are coming in now and asking to get like, 80% off of everything.

Edited by Sandro

At least at my store, we haven't started the liquidation process. All these sales that people are coming in and going nuts over are the standard sales that were scheduled to take place. The only people I'm really irritated with are the ones who are coming in now and asking to get like, 80% off of everything.

Yeah see I don't blame you for that for a second. As for the sales, like I said it's all about word of mouth. A lot of people were turned off by prices being too high, and so of course a lot of people think regular sales prices are the liquidation prices, because when stuff there is on sale it's at roughly the prices those items "should" be instead of the regular marked up prices. I love a lot of the brands target carries but I couldn't justify spending more just because it happened to be a brand I liked more. The people who are taking that much advantage of what's going on though are messed up for sure (asking for stupid amounts of money off items), I won't disagree with you there.

I love predatory shopping at places that are going out of business.  When the local Home Hardware shutdown I grabbed so much lumber and crap for future building products at dirt cheap prices.  Any business that can't make it work and is going to be shut down is fair game!

I love predatory shopping at places that are going out of business.  When the local Home Hardware shutdown I grabbed so much lumber and crap for future building products at dirt cheap prices.  Any business that can't make it work and is going to be shut down is fair game!

Coming down when the sales are on and buying stuff is fine.

Coming down two days after we all find our we're losing our jobs and harassing us about why things aren't all 80% off yet makes you scum.

Should we also stop buying cheap gas cause people are losing jobs in the oil fields cause of the low prices? You can't blame the consumer for losing your job

There's a difference between filling up on gas when it's cheap and walking in the day after it's announced the store is closing all like "WHAT THE FUCK WHY ISN'T EVERYTHING AT 80% ALREADY"

Fuck off with that bullshit.

Obviously you know little to nothing about business

I'm really starting to think it's you that doesn't have a clue, because that's not at all how this situation is working. Target Canada is/was publicly traded. Basically, the board of directors made a decision one night and very few people -- if any -- outside of that room knew about the decision until the press release the next morning.

As a result, everyone else is scrambling to get shit done. The liquidation company hasn't come in and started their work yet, at least not to my knowledge. I believe that starts next week. The sales that are going on right now are the standard sales that were already planned to go on, not because the store is closing. I understand that people are going to be flocking to the store to buy what they can for cheap, but walking in the day after pretty much the entire company found out they were being shut down and demanding to get stuff for 80% off is fucking stupid.

Hope you're firing your resume off Sandro.  I'd suggest you go work in the oilfield but they are laying people off now as well.  Just got off the phone with my mom who works as a VP for a big oil company and basically her schedule is flying back and forth between the US and Canada letting people go in groups of 30+ every second day. Hilarious.  In a year it'll all be back to normal though, so now would be a time to go get your tickets while you have the money Target is giving you.

Hope you're firing your resume off Sandro.  I'd suggest you go work in the oilfield but they are laying people off now as well.  Just got off the phone with my mom who works as a VP for a big oil company and basically her schedule is flying back and forth between the US and Canada letting people go in groups of 30+ every second day. Hilarious.  In a year it'll all be back to normal though, so now would be a time to go get your tickets while you have the money Target is giving you.

Are you a douchebag by nature, or do you just get off on doing it while you have the anonymity of the internet in front of you?

For the record, most people will be working for the money Target is "giving" them unless their stores close early. It's not a severance package at all.

I'm really starting to think it's you that doesn't have a clue, because that's not at all how this situation is working. Target Canada is/was publicly traded. Basically, the board of directors made a decision one night and very few people -- if any -- outside of that room knew about the decision until the press release the next morning.

As a result, everyone else is scrambling to get shit done. The liquidation company hasn't come in and started their work yet, at least not to my knowledge. I believe that starts next week. The sales that are going on right now are the standard sales that were already planned to go on, not because the store is closing. I understand that people are going to be flocking to the store to buy what they can for cheap, but walking in the day after pretty much the entire company found out they were being shut down and demanding to get stuff for 80% off is fucking stupid.

No I get business perfectly fine. The fact you get equal to 16 weeks notice or 16 weeks of severance is unheard of in any layoff. Most people have to work 8+ years to get that much notice. You're mad because people are asking for deals, which doesn't affect you at all. Everytime you post on this board you only seem to be extremely negative, I understand losing your job sucks, but been there done that more times than I can count as well as countless others around the world. Put on your big boy pants and use that glorious severance/notice of layoff and find a job. 

People lost jobs around here like crazy in the month of December. It happens, but those people didn't get mad at others that took advantage of piss poor management and asked if deals were in place.  

I also just read you were only there for three months? Do you still receive the severance? If so that's 100x more amazing. 

Are you a douchebag by nature, or do you just get off on doing it while you have the anonymity of the internet in front of you?

For the record, most people will be working for the money Target is "giving" them unless their stores close early. It's not a severance package at all.

I spend a lot of time around Canucks fans, sorry it rubs off on me you fucking piece of shit loser who still works at Target.

I spend a lot of time around Canucks fans, sorry it rubs off on me you fucking piece of shit loser who still works at Target.

Better adjust your attitude setting. Computers shouldn't be allowed to mouth off like that. 

Whoa whoa wtf, don't bring canucks fans into this. I ain't calling anyone a loser, you are!

I'm already on nice setting.  Sandro has some sort of animal that likes to crawl up his ass and control his mouth.  There is some sort of Pavlovian response whenever I post things that erupts out of his cakehole which turns him into pure asshole mode.  Not sure what it is. 

I only brought up Canucks fans because I know it'll get his panties all twisted and it's fun to see him squirm.

Let's get all serious here for a moment.  The world is full of people who have different opinions.  I don't care if you have a different opinion.  It's totally fine by me.  I'm a little rough around the edges, just like many other people around here.  I don't pussyfoot around pretending to all sweet and kind.  We're a bunch of guys hanging out and chatting about things and sometimes we use terms that wouldn't make it on the evening news.  You want to say stupid crap, go for it, it's no skin off my back.

However, if you want to call me a douchebag (which he did) then you can have it back at you in full force.  Sandro.  Fuck off.