Official Fitness Thread

JardyB10

Depends actually. I only ever drink milk after a workout as it helps to strength muscle tissue. I have almond milk though because I'm slightly lactose.

I like the calories and protein so I drink a ton of milk.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for ab exercises/routines that they have tried and are easy to do just on a mat at the gym.

I have a legs and arms/back routine but I don't really have much in the way of workouts for abs.

What kind of equipment is there? Like an ab roller? Most gyms have machines that make the process easier

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for ab exercises/routines that they have tried and are easy to do just on a mat at the gym.

I have a legs and arms/back routine but I don't really have much in the way of workouts for abs.

I sent you a picture

Don't use an ab roller, especially if you are starting out.. 

Abs there are a lot of things you can do, just make sure you are training your obliques, hips, glutes, not just your core. Best thing to do is body weight exercises for this and you can find a lot of them by googling pretty easy (routines or otherwise). 

Edited by Munk

I recently cut out soda and fast food (I eat it like once a month now) and lost like 30 pounds. Mind you I walk like 5 miles at work every day.

Also I go to the gym and usually run 5 miles plus lift.

Do you have a workout guide or regiment you use? Or just winging it? I'll PM you a guide someone sent me if you only ever have 30 minutes because of work/school to do just to strengthen core muscles and become more balanced for a weight style workout.

I have a basic one.

One day I'll do shoulder and triceps. Various lifts, dips, jackhammers, etc. About three workouts per group.

Then I'll do chest and biceps together. Biceps I just do regular curls, then on the sitting elbow resting machine thing. For chest I do bench press, flies, and the last one I find any open machine that works that out. Pulleys if possible. Then on these days I'll do some push-ups after my ab circuit (which I try to do everyday, btw).

And on the last day I do legs and shoulders, as mentioned earlier. I don't plan rest days because I'm only slightly more diligent at going to the gym as I am simming games.

For abs I do an 8-minute circuit of:

1 min sit-ups/crunches

30 second half crunches each side

1 minute superman

1 minute plank (I used to do folding lawn chair here but I hate it)

1 minute heel touches

1 minute leg raise

1 minute bicycle (not for the faint of heart)

1 minute v-sit with medicine ball

I should start looking at what Munk said though, as this is mostly core. Which I can get away with because I have no body fat, but still.