New Idea

see this is similar to the SHL theory but I don't think that you should be able to add TPE to the exsisting player and should have to function under the VHLM rules for TPE acquiring and such. However all VHLM options could still be open to your new VHLM player like the training camp and such

see this is similar to the SHL theory but I don't think that you should be able to add TPE to the exsisting player and should have to function under the VHLM rules for TPE acquiring and such. However all VHLM options could still be open to your new VHLM player like the training camp and such

Training Camp wouldn't apply as much because the person would most likely be using carryover.

If you want to make the VHLM more interesting, then you need to take away some teams. The way it is, there's always a few teams with 0 actives of them. I know that's the way it is in Turku right now. It was pretty close to that in my first season on this website when I was in Ottawa. If I didn't have the mindset of not caring for activity at the time and only for my guy's progress, then I probably wouldn't still be here.

I guess the benefit would be that you can continue to add TPE to your current player whereas with the current system all your earned TPE would go toward your new player.

Anyway, I'm all for keeping the current system. For one, the VHLM needs more attention, even if some of us don't like it, so paying even less attention to it seems counter productive. Secondly, it complicates the hell out of carry-over amounts. Do you carry-over based on what you had when you re-created or add it later based on your actual total? Third, as Cowboy mentioned, you can essentially pay attention to a VHL player while having a VHLM player now anyway. Why change and complicate the rules just so that people can TPE whore a little easier? If you want to pay attention to a VHL player instead of the VHLM (for whatever reason) that take the TPE hit and retire at the start of your 8th season.

Beketov for Builder!!!!!!!!!

It's great for new members, it sucks to waste 3 months as a returning member.

\You wanna reach the top, then you gotta commit and suffer through the things you may not necessarily want to do. 

I, personally, am not in favour with this idea. It doesn't make logistical sense to have 2 players playing simultaneously - otherwise I want to create a pair of Siamese twin defensemen that need to be drafted to the same team and spend their careers togethers. 

Although I get the arguments surrounding the VHLm... I don't see why a player has to play - if you're a re-create with low TPE - get drafted - if the VHL team wants you on the team, great. If not, and you don't like the VHLm -  then opt to sit out until you are called up by that VHL team - until then, quit whining and work on your player build. This VHL shit is serious. It's no cake walk. Dedication is key. 

If you want to make the VHLM more interesting, then you need to take away some teams. The way it is, there's always a few teams with 0 actives of them. I know that's the way it is in Turku right now. It was pretty close to that in my first season on this website when I was in Ottawa. If I didn't have the mindset of not caring for activity at the time and only for my guy's progress, then I probably wouldn't still be here.

We will cut Turku in no time. 0 players? Well then no fans anyways haha