TellTale Games

Mike

I bought the Game of Thrones game a couple of days ago on sale steam $22.50 or something like that.  There are 6 episodes only 3 out so far but the 1 time price gets you all six.  Each of the 6 episodes are approx 2 hours in length but the choices you make change what happens in the game.  22 bucks for a 12 hour game of thrones story with some replay value I don't regret it for a second.  Pretty fun so far and while the graphic animations aren't like blowing my mind the game plays like the TV show.  Unexpected characters die and the story is pretty cool following house Forester starting with the red wedding.  About to play through the first three chapters a different way and see how it changes things.

Edited by Mike

I really liked the first Walking Dead game, but for whatever reason have no interest in the second one. I would be interested in playing other games from them, but the subject matters don't really interest me (The Wolf Among Us and the Borderlands story ones particularly)

I will say though that right now I am really enjoying a game called Life is Strange, which has a similar style to the Telltale games, but made by Square Enix.

Edited by YEAH!

I didn't find the second WD as powerful because of the safety priority change (don't want to elaborate for the reason of spoilers) but I thought the storyline, gameplay and choices (and in particular) the music were amazing. 

I am very excited to play the Borderlands Series - I am nutty about that series. 

• 2 weeks later...

I loved both The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones games. The animation in TWD was done to look similar to the comics, and they just followed it up with the same style with Game of Thrones. Easily worth the buy. Walking Dead Season 1 + 2 were amazing.

Game of Thrones has been awesome so far and I can't wait for the next episode.

sooo is it canon to the books or just some random new shit?

It's new stuff with book stuff.

Basically, they created a house, House Forrester. House Forrester is a bannermen of House Stark, so big allies. They have a lot of land with lots of tries around giving them some power.

It starts during The Red Wedding, and you control 3 different characters in the game from House Forrester. You'll run into characters with their voice actors like Cersei, Tyrion, John Snow and Daenerys. Daenerys is new though and you just see her at the end of the latest episode from a week ago, but she'll have a bigger part in the next episode.

You don't necessarily need to have read or watched the story but it definitely helps. Also, they obviously worked with GRRM on this new house's story, so it's not all just BS. It ties in well.