New VHLM Awards #1

New VHLM Awards #2

Top Goal Scorer - Alexander Chershenko Trophy

Top Defenseman - Ryan Sullivan Trophy

Top Two-Way Forward - Matt Bentz Trophy

Top Goalie - Benoit Devereux Trophy

Top General Manager - Jack Reilly Trophy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello VHLM fans, followers, haters, and players. This is my second time writing this article today because the first time I accidentally exited the tab because I'm dumb. Anyway here I go again, this is the final unveiling of the new VHLM award names. So far we have had five new award names revealed over the past two months, there is a recap of the new names above, and if you want to read a little bit about each award I've provided the links to the previous two articles. Now it is time for us to announce the final four award names, and we've definitely saved the best for last.

SCJ06_06b.jpg

Top Scorer

Ethan Osborne Trophy

The award formerly known as the Dionne Trophy, given to the VHLM player with the most points, has been renamed to the Ethan Osborne Trophy. Ethan Osborne played for the VHLM powerhouse Kolari Panthers in Season 30 and won a Founders' Cup, as well as five individual awards (Most Assists, Most Goals, Most Points, Playoffs MVP, and MVP). Osborne was the first ever first-generation player to be selected 1st overall in the S30 VHL Entry Draft by Helsinki. Osborne's agent, STZ, founded the Bratislava Watchmen in Season 31 and managed the team for many successful seasons, producing many future VHL all-star players.

6.jpg

Most Assists

Vladimir Boomchenko Trophy

The award formerly known as the Oates Trophy, for the player who amassed the most assists, has been renamed to the Vladimir Boomchenko Trophy. Vladimir Boomchenko played for the Saskatoon Wild in Season 25 and won a Founder's Cup championship along with the top defenseman and the most assists trophies. Boomchenko, who now goes by the shortened Boom, has been a part of many VHLM front offices as an assistant manager, most notably with the Yukon Rush management team during their dynasty seasons. Boom is most known for his new member introductions and has helped many first generation players feel welcomed as they join the VHLM.

Braden+Holtby+ArroDSMfoPjm.jpg

Playoff MVP

Skylar Rift Trophy

The award formerly known as the Esposito Trophy, given to the most valuable player in the playoffs, has been renamed to the Skylar Rift Trophy. Skylar Rift was a member of the inaugural Yukon Rush team in Season 31, when they won their first Founder's Cup. Rift also picked up two individual awards that season, winning both top goaltender and playoff MVP honors. Skylar Rift's agent, Devise, was the general manager of the Brampton Blades. His biggest contribution to the league, and the VHLM, is the long running Pajodcast, which brought together old and new members, who would listen to the well-spoken host of the show. Devise has also played a big part in recent VHLM changes and discussions as a member of the Board of Governors.

crosby-awards-ap-080617-392.jpg

Most Valuable Player

Mitch Higgins Trophy

The award formerly known as the Sakic Trophy, for the VHLM player deemed to be the most valuable player, has been renamed the Mitch Higgins Trophy. Mitch Higgins played two seasons with the Ottawa Ice Dogs and won a Founder's Cup in Season 23, along with three individual awards (Top Defenseman, Playoffs MVP, and MVP). After his playing days, Higgins took over as the general manager of the Oslo Storm in Season 24 for six seasons and won a Founder's Cup and top GM award in Season 29. In Season 30, Higgins was given a position as a VHLM commissioner and kept that role for four seasons, before being promoted to VHL commissioner.

That's it folks, all the new award names. They definitely weren't easy to decide as we've had a ton of people who have had major impacts on the VHLM as we now know it. As the playoffs come to a close this week, I hope that the VHLM will be able to keep getting better and better over time as it is the most important part of our site for new members. Thanks for reading and congratulations to everyone who was lucky enough to get an award named after them!

:vhlm:

Content: 3/3 - Did you not write your article on this website? It saves your work every so often in case you exit out. You probably know that though....I hope. Great award announcement with the re-names.

Grammar: 2/2 - No mistakes to note, as I expect from you. Don't feel pressure for next time.

Appearance: 1/1 - It's all good in the hood up in here.

Overall: 6/6

Edited by DollarAndADream

• 2 weeks later...