Little Town? What's it Famous For?

Before I moved into the big city here on the west coast I used to live in a small town (still in Canada). When I tell people where, they usually got confused. I explained it was the most South western you can go on the mainland of Canada. So to those people who wondered here is where I used to live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMkYlIA7mgw#t=232

Skip to 3:50 to find Point Roberts which is the American side where we used to get gas. Right above it is the little Palm Tree filled town I used to live in. No cares most likely but I know some peeps were confused when I was telling them.

Famous for pumping out Brent Seabrook, Josh Nicholls, Brendan McMillan, Brendan Gallagher, Taylor Peters, Evander Kane, Milan Lucic and the new home of Channing Tatum. Hosted movies "Jumanji", Tv show "Smallville", "Juno" and was the site of some very strange murders. So I'm interested, if you lived in a small town what happened there and what is it known for?

Not sure if where I live is considered a small/little town. Don't think much has happened here in terms of famous people. Terry Fox obviously, then I think next is Zach Hamill as the only NHLer from here... Then it might be Brandon, myself, and another friend of ours that does YouTube. Oh, I guess Robert Pickton and Amanda Todd too, but they're notable for not-so-great reasons...  :mellow:

Not sure if where I live is considered a small/little town. Don't think much has happened here in terms of famous people. Terry Fox obviously, then I think next is Zach Hamill as the only NHLer from here... Then it might be Brandon, myself, and another friend of ours that does YouTube. Oh, I guess Robert Pickton and Amanda Todd too, but they're notable for not-so-great reasons...  :mellow:

How about Mary Hill possibly being the main campus of UBC before they decided on Point Grey?

How about Mary Hill possibly being the main campus of UBC before they decided on Point Grey?

Not sure if that's really a big deal... For example, that's the first time I ever heard of that.

They attempt to take it. We don't have many talented players, but the few we did have all trained with Alex Andjelic while they were really young. Andjelic ended up being a skills coach with the Maple Leafs amongst some other jobs, that guy knows what it takes and he did well with these kids.

Other dutch kids that trained with him haven't reached the NHL organizations yet, but one of them atleast participated in the talent camp or so of the Washington Capitals (Nardo Nagtzaam), he plays for Mercyhurst University now.

Other kid (Mitch Bruijsten) that tried to make it through the USHL, had a tryout this year with Stockton Thunder (ECHL) but couldnt get a contract.

So yeah we don't have many, but these three are all from my hometown.

They attempt to take it. We don't have many talented players, but the few we did have all trained with Alex Andjelic while they were really young. Andjelic ended up being a skills coach with the Maple Leafs amongst some other jobs, that guy knows what it takes and he did well with these kids.

Other dutch kids that trained with him haven't reached the NHL organizations yet, but one of them atleast participated in the talent camp or so of the Washington Capitals (Nardo Nagtzaam), he plays for Mercyhurst University now.

Other kid (Mitch Bruijsten) that tried to make it through the USHL, had a tryout this year with Stockton Thunder (ECHL) but couldnt get a contract.

So yeah we don't have many, but these three are all from my hometown.

Learned something new today; thanks. Looks like your soccer team isn't doing that well this year too.

They are basically in a rebuilding period. Time to get rid of the old overpaid folks (since they were getting slow) and time to start new talent working together. I don't see us doing well next world cups, but hopefully they know what they are doing.

Still waiting for our first world cup victory.

They are basically in a rebuilding period. Time to get rid of the old overpaid folks (since they were getting slow) and time to start new talent working together. I don't see us doing well next world cups, but hopefully they know what they are doing.

Still waiting for our first world cup victory.

I was talking about NEC.  :P

I grew up in Osgoode, Ontario, which is famous for absolutely nothing.

However, the town I went to high school in, which is 15 minutes away is where Larry Robinson is from.

Also, a town 15 minutes the other way is where Hollerado are from. They're an amazing band that are on the verge of being huge. 

I was born in the same town as Mike Dalhuisen, who has just been called up to the Owen Sound Tigers (AHL).

Think that is the best known person I could come up with about my birthtown.

My home town apparently has an AHL team now so everyone else can suck it

But in all truth, my home town has a terrorist fence, a famous barbershop quartet, something about the highest underage drug use, and as for it's location...  If you google "The elephant of Southern Ontario," we are exactly at the asshole of the elephant

I grew up in Osgoode, Ontario, which is famous for absolutely nothing.

However, the town I went to high school in, which is 15 minutes away is where Larry Robinson is from.

Also, a town 15 minutes the other way is where Hollerado are from. They're an amazing band that are on the verge of being huge. 

Hollerado is the tits.

My town produced the first captain of the Vancouver Canucks I suppose.  Never met him or anything though, and I'm not entirely sure how long or if he even lived here, or how he's related to rest of people with that last name.  But yeah that's pretty much it.

We also probably have the largest population of Saskatchewan within a 100km radius, so I guess there's that.

Hmm, not much to say about my hometown of Berwyn, IL...  Was a scene in Wayne's World and a part of the original Route 66 going through it, otherwise one of the highest population densities in Illinois.