Claimed:Booed off the stage[Final 5/6]

jRuutu

Ptidd69.png

I´m sure some of you are huge standup fans. I´m quite new fan , watched my first standup special maybe year ago. More dirty and controversial, the better in my opinion. Some of my friends are even bigger fans and when they come to New York to see me , we usually watch some specials at my place and have a good time. 

Little while ago  we decided to go out for few drinks and just relax. New York is a great place to do that. I know this small comedy club near my place where I usually like to hang out when I got free time. They sometimes have a open mic night when pretty much everybody can try their material on a live audience. Never even dreamed of doing something like that. I hate talkin to people in general but it´s quite weird what few drinks can do to you.

My friends suggested that I should go up there and do a small set. Not sure why they suggested that? Maybe they wanted to see me fail big time or they actually think I´m funny? Not sure, but either way, 20 mins later I was on the stage. Mic on my hand. I freaked out of course. Could not get any words out of my mouth for 20 or so seconds. Then I managed to say something. Can´t remember what but I remember nobody laughed.
U9onNyo.jpg

After a slow start, I noticed a funny looking dude sitting right in front of the stage. I made a comment about his stupid looking hat. I thought it was funny but apparently it´s not cool to compare a hat to old woman´s pubic hair. I mean it looked old and it had some weird hairs on it.  No idea what it was. Maybe it was made from real hair or something? Either way, I almost had to fight him but luckily the security rushed in to help me. Everybody started to boo at me. Can you believe that ?.They hated me immediately when I stepped on the stage. They did not even give me a chance. Comedy world is a cold place.

After that I had to leave the club quite quickly and I might even have to find a new place to hang out. They said that I´m banned for life. I did not even say anything ? Jesus. My first ever standup performance just did not go so well. Now I´m banned from the club.

Luckily New York is full of great comedy clubs but I kinda liked that place. Cheap drinks, lots of people go there to test new material and some nights you can go up on the stage and try. You just need to practice at least little bit. I did not do so.

You just gotta keep rhyming and step right into the next cypher. That's what I did.

I don´t have the confidence  :(

you only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow

You can blow multiple times , need to find a new place after each blow though 

Content 3/3 - I liked the story and thought it was original. To be fair, I would've also made fun of the guy's hat lol

Grammar 1.25/2 - I could've put another 5-6 more errors. The flow wasn't great and there were many sentence fragments

I'm quite new fan = I'm a new fan/I'm quite a new fan

Little while ago = A little while ago

a open = an open

on a live = with a live

Never even dreamed = I have/had never dreamed

Talkin = talking/talkin' (if you want it to sound like the original)

what few = what a few

mins = minutes

on my hand = in my hand

Could not get any words = I could not get any words

that?. = that?

Appearance 1/1 - Yup

Content 3/3 - like the idea of the story

Grammar 1.5/2 Taron got most of it but he like he said many sentences didn't seem to flow well 

kinda - kind of

Appearance 1/1 Looks good 

Overall 5.5/6

Final 5/6

What you mean did not flow well? I thought it was pretty straight forward?  Bad story, sure but flow was there in my opinion.

Grammatically the sentences did not contain good flow. The story was great, personally I loved it. Flow has to deal with fragments/run-on sentences as well as a lack of transitions.  

Grammatically the sentences did not contain good flow. The story was great, personally I loved it. Flow has to deal with fragments/run-on sentences as well as a lack of transitions.  

Aah .. I see.  Well I try to improve on that area in the future. More than likely going to take at least 20 weeks before I manage to make any improvements. :(