Claimed:Is Nik Kurri The VHL's Most Improved Player? [Final 6/6]

nikkurri17

g8t7bXh.jpg

Is Niklas Kurri the most improved player in all of the VHL? It certainly appears so. The third year VHL forward has improved his play drastically this season. With the VHL regular season winding downand only three games left before the post-season, Kurri finds himself among the leagues scoring leaders and has spearheaded the Americans offensive attack, helping lead the team during a tight battle with the Seattle Bears for the North American Conferences final playoff spot. Today we review Kurri's statistics over his career and get an idea of how much the two-way centers game has improved over the past season.

Goals

Season 42: 16

Season 43: 21

Season 44: 47

With three games remaining, Kurri has a legitaimate chance to reach the 50 goal plateau. Kurri's goalscoring has been consistent since the first couple weeks of the season and he has steadily climbed the VHL's leaderboard throughout the season. Nik has recorded two hat tricks and is always dangerous against the leagues top teams. Kurri's 47 goals lead all New York players by a wide mark and have absolutely descimated the Finn's previous career highs. Kurri has scored ten more goals this season then he had in his previous two campaignes combined.

Assists

Season 42: 20

Season 43: 26

Season 44: 52

While Kurri has shown more confidence in his shot then he ever has before, Kurri has also been able to find his teammates on a regular basis. Nik has already doubled his career high in assists with 52 so far. A number of Kurri's assists have been logged as a result of Niklas firing the puck on net and rookie forwards Edwin Reencarnacion and Jorma Ruutu driving the paint and tapping in loose rebounds. Rookie forwards Reencarnacion and Ruutu have had excellent rookie seasons on Kurri's wings and have helped form arguably the most dangerous second line in the VHL. You have to wonder though... Have the rookies been relying on Kurri's strong offensive play or has it been the other way around? Kurri is no stranger to playing with talented line-mates. Last season in Quebec, Kurri played with the likes of Aksel Thomassen, Travis Boychuck, Jack Wylde and Bruno Wolf.

Season 42: 36

Season 43: 47

Season 44: 99

It's all but a lock that Kurri will reach the 100 point mark for the first time in his career this season. Kurri leads all Americans players in scoring by over 20 points. Kurri has went on multiple scoring streaks over the course of the season and if not for a mediocre first few weeks to the season, Kurri would probably be near the very top of the scoring lists league wide. Niklas is registering over 1.1 points per 20 minutes played, ranking in the top 5 league wide in scoring efficiency.

tumblr_inline_nk8lj6eFJK1s3wjtd.jpg

Kurri getting ready to score another goal

Kurri has been excellent defensively as well blocking 49 shots and winning nearly 55.0% of his face-offs. Kurri has also seen a huge turnaround in the plus/minus catagory as the season progressed. At one point in the season, Kurri was nearly a -20. Kurri has turned that stat around and is now a +27, second on the team to Edwin Reencarnacion.

The Finnish forward is starting to show some of the star power that you would expect from a player with the last name Kurri. Nik has been the #1 star of games 11 times and has been one of the games three stars 21 times in 69 total games.

Kurri has been dedicated to improving his game off the ice and it has shown with his on ice results. No disrespect to Pablo Escobar who has seen a big increase in his scoring totals, but I would have to think that Kurri has the Dustin Funk award locked up. Hell, Nik may even be in MVP consideration when you consider that the award goes to the most valuable player to their team.

Cheers.

Edited by nikkurri17

Content: 3/3 - I feel like theres a lot of good candidates for this award, and you seem to be one of those. I know Escabar had a pretty good season, so that'd be my pick but i'm also on Helsinki :P. Good luck!

Grammar: 2/2 - A few spelling errors, but other than that not bad... I almost was at point of taking off a point or a half. I'd put your stuff into a quick spell checker before posting. (I'm assuming English isn't your first language)

winding downand = winding down and  

legitaimate = legitimate

goalscoring = goal scoring

descimated = decimated 

campaignes = campaigns 
catagory = category

Appearance: 1/1 - Yes

Overall: 6/6