Stealing Devise's Article and Analysing It

Victor

• Admin

Calgary Wranglers

In: Bismarck Koenig

Out: Sachimo Zoidberg, Nicklas Karlsson, Jackson Miller, Teuvo Ruutu

Last season Calgary won thanks to being able to roll two good lines. I felt they would struggle to repeat following retirements and cap issues but by signing Koenig and other moves rumoured to be in the pipeline, could this finally be a team's repeat cup? I want to say no but North America should be theirs again.

New York Americans

In: Niklaus Mikaelson, Biggu Kyanon

Out: Jax Barnstormer, Jakob Linholm, Azmet Ali

If anyone stands in Calgary's way, it'll be New York. Not ready just yet but potentially frightening in the future. At the same time, those late pre-draft move made them lose a S45 goalie and how much will that hurt once Mikaelson's retired?

Quebec City Meute

In: Jax Barnstormer, Francis York Morgan, Tyson Stokes, Mario De Rossi, Ariel Weinstein, George Patton, Benjamin Zeptenbergs

Out: Brady Stropko, Aksel Thomassen, Niklaus Mikaelson, Travis Boychuk, Milos Denis

Basically good players have left and less good players have come in. At least this time Quebec will have two lines so cup favourites? Playoffs for sure though and they need that since they don't have their S46 pick. Rebuild-wise the moves have been unconventional so we'll see how it goes.

Seattle Bears

In: Several S45 Draftees Unlikely to Make Roster in S45, Steve Tremblay

Out: KJA, Mario De Rossi

The tank is on. Really impressive S45 draft, lots to look forward to in S46, I can see them leapfrogging Quebec and NY in two seasons' time.

Toronto Legion

In: Max Molholt and some scrubs

Out: Benjamin Zeptenbergs, Kyle Kingma, Jack Kowalski, Slaeter Fjorsstrom

Serious tank is on. Toronto is banking big on S46 and it's hard to tell how the rebuild will go. We won't learn anything in the next two months though and atm they're dead bottom of the league in past, present, and future.

Cologne Express

In: Nicklas Karlsson, Gifford Shock, Jackson Miller, Koji Yamazaki, Sandro Clegane, Evgeny, Nezhmetdinov

Out: Thomas O'Malley, Bismarck Koenig, Christoph Klose, Ron World Peace, Chris Raymond, Mikkel Boomgaarden

Similar thought process to Quebec, as in no S46 pick but they traded their S47 pick too. I really don't understand that since despite a decent looking roster, Cologne are favourites for fifth in Europe for the next little while.

HC Davos Dynamo

In: Simon Valmount, Maxime Perron

Out: Gifford Shock, Kurtis Hunter

I'm positive they're over the cap so someone will have to go. Davos reminds me more and more of the S40-S42 Titans in that it doesn't look like they'll ever win it all and maybe might need to pull the plug while they've got a full stock of assets. That said, could well win it all in S45.

Helsinki Titans

In: Greg Clegane, Phil Hamilton, Aleksi Koponen, Marcel Faux, Theo Matsikas, Brady Stropko, Christoph Klose, Thomas O'Malley

Out: AIM-11, George Patton, Maxime Perron

Really excited. I've known I'll be here for a while and well this off-season has fallen into shape perfectly. The roster is not too different to Calgary's last season but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Playoffs in a tough Europe is a good starting aim.

Riga Reign

In: Le'Sean Coutzen, Jack Kowalski, Kurtis Hunter, Milos Denis, Aksel Thomassen

Out: Koji Yamazaki, Dimothesis Vlasis

Notable improvement but can they make it count? I hope not since Riga would likely make the playoffs at Helsinki's expense, but I also don't want to see the rebuild go to waste and I can't see them competing past Kurtis Hunter's retirement in S47.

Stockholm Vikings

In: N/A

Out: Tom Slaughter, Tyson Stokes, Francis York Morgan

I have to assume there is more planned since at the moment this is a worse version of a team which has not achieved a whole load yet.

Between Calgary who won't repeat, New York who is too young, Seattle and Toronto rebuilding, Cologne last in the Euro, Stockholm who has gotten worse, and Riga and Helsinki fighting for the last playoff spot, the apparently inevitable Quebec v. Davos finals is going to be great.

Between Calgary who won't repeat, New York who is too young, Seattle and Toronto rebuilding, Cologne last in the Euro, Stockholm who has gotten worse, and Riga and Helsinki fighting for the last playoff spot, the apparently inevitable Quebec v. Davos finals is going to be great.

I usually agree with most of your affirmation, but this isn't accurate imo

• Admin

My next article will be about Helsinki being the world's greatest team