What Does it Take to Be Good in the VHL?

Christmas

Francis York Morgan isn't a very good player, apparently. I don't know what the problem is, because I am doing updates and trying to be active and whatnot. But for some reason I just can't seem to get over that “you aren't very good” hump. Anyone have an idea? I mean at least my bitter rival Escabar isn't dominating me again in points, so there is that. But man. Almost 400 TPE and nothing to show for it. I think that is a bunch of crap.

People talk about how the VHL is the best because the TPE inflation thing doesn't exist, but the problem is as a new guy I am in, what, my third year? So I should be seeing something pay off as an active with a decent amount of TPE, and I should be able to have a better than .600 point percentage, right? In a league that is supposed to have a higher scoring rate than other leagues. So what gives? Do I suck that bad at making a player, or what?

I am angry pissed that Francis York Morgan isn't a superstar already. Call it a case of the Mondays, but dammit, bobby.

Your defense is low. Defense governs work ethic so considering that your player has only "ok" work ethic.

Also Demko doesn't pass to you likely because his pass/shot line is 69-90 so there isn't much D to D passing :P

• Commissioner

It sounds like BS but people are right about getting defence up. Regardless of position defence is important. I don't know exactly why but it is. I'm still no superstar but I had way worse stats when my defence was low. As soon as I brought it up, without even changing other things, I started to do better.

It sounds like BS but people are right about getting defence up. Regardless of position defence is important. I don't know exactly why but it is. I'm still no superstar but I had way worse stats when my defence was low. As soon as I brought it up, without even changing other things, I started to do better.

Defense = work ethic :) Its noted in the STHS manual.

• Commissioner

Defense = work ethic :) Its noted in the STHS manual.

That still doesn't make sense though. Like why make that what defines work ethic across the board? Maybe for defence men but why should forwards have shit work ethic without adding to defence? If it's that important it should be it's own stat and, if not, than I would think that it should be for D-Men and have an offensive attribute do it for forwards. Just my opinion anyway.

Tfong says work ethic but I think of Defense as effort similar ideas.  Defense is basically how hard your player works toward recovering the puck in say the corner when other players are around.  So having low defense and high attributes means your player does well with the puck but when he doesn't have it he basically doesn't try to get it.

Tfong says work ethic but I think of Defense as effort similar ideas.  Defense is basically how hard your player works toward recovering the puck in say the corner when other players are around.  So having low defense and high attributes means your player does well with the puck but when he doesn't have it he basically doesn't try to get it.

Same crap different pile haha. We both arrive at the same conclusions for how important defense is to the sim.

That still doesn't make sense though. Like why make that what defines work ethic across the board? Maybe for defence men but why should forwards have shit work ethic without adding to defence? If it's that important it should be it's own stat and, if not, than I would think that it should be for D-Men and have an offensive attribute do it for forwards. Just my opinion anyway.

Ask STHS, but thats how he coded it. Basically your 40 defense guy will never beat an 90 defense guy in the corner for a puck retrieval. Thats basically work ethic to me haha.

Defense for me is Defense IQ but anyway

For you maybe, but like Kendrick says. The sim thinks otherwise and we are all at the mercy of the sim :P

Edited by tfong