2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

59 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

I mean, come on. The NHL is a bit better when it comes to notable stars representing other countries, but the game is still dominated by Canadians. Olympic wise, Canada still dominates when all of it's core players can participate. When it comes to players in their prime, or at the 23-35 age, Canada dominates. I think your seeing Canada struggle more at the World Jr not because we lack in good prospects/young players but more because the development of players in other countries has gotten a lot better. A lot more younger foreign players are getting shots in the NHL these days. But it doesn't change the fact that Canada is still the dominant hockey country. Almost every NHL team is made up of like 30%+ Canadians. 

Yeah but how many playoff teams does Canada have?

Hard to be "Canada's game" when there won't be any games played in Canada after April 13th.

29 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

Best forward: Not Canadian

Best defenseman: Not Canadian

Best goalie: Debatable

"Canada's game"

Crosby Benn Tavares Stamkos

Keith Doughty Weber

Price Holby

What's your point 

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I double dare you to call Price overrated 

and you take karlsson before keith/doughty ? I would argue that OEL and Hedman are better defenders than Karlsson 

Price is too injury prone. Not tough enough.

Karlsson > Gostisbehere >>>>>>>>Doughty >>>> Keith.

• Kane would win the best forward this year, that would be 2nd American to win the Hart in its whole existence.
  • Brent Burns I think has a major shot at winning best defensemen(and worst hair)
  • Gostisbehere is not the second best defensemen in the league lol
  • Bishop I hope wins the Vezina, he deserves it
  • Canada in general is better at hockey than we are, it's just they don't know how to manage a team lol
  • I believe USA is on their way to eclipsing Canada however, with now a top prospect like Eichel, an Arizona product like Matthews, and how Canada had one regulation win in the WJC while USA got bronze. Shows great steps forward and I like what I see.
  • pretty much at everything other than hockey, maple syrup production, and igloos per capita, USA > Canada

For the record Flyers, injury prone is a hard thing to throw at a player that plays that position. Goaltender actually puts more stress on your joints and muscles than any skater. So even if Price has more injuries than certain skaters, thats because when he is at the top of his game he is bending in ways that aren't seen by any skater.

I have a feeling you're trolling on this page though because no one can be that stupid.

1 minute ago, ADwyer87 said:
  • Kane would win the best forward this year, that would be 2nd American to win the Hart in its whole existence.
  • Brent Burns I think has a major shot at winning best defensemen(and worst hair)
  • Gostisbehere is not the second best defensemen in the league lol
  • Bishop I hope wins the Vezina, he deserves it
  • Canada in general is better at hockey than we are, it's just they don't know how to manage a team lol
  • I believe USA is on their way to eclipsing Canada however, with now a top prospect like Eichel, an Arizona product like Matthews, and how Canada had one regulation win in the WJC while USA got bronze. Shows great steps forward and I like what I see.
  • pretty much at everything other than hockey, maple syrup production, and igloos per capita, USA > Canada

Woah, tread carefully.

6 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

How's USA olympic gold medal 

yeah, I thought you would understand my joke

but still, how the team in canada are managed are no way linked to the result we currently are. 7/8 of the teams are in a rebuild and the only decent team is the habs and they lost the best player in the world in the most important position in hockey, so I shall give them a break for this season

12 minutes ago, boubabi said:

yeah, I thought you would understand my joke

but still, how the team in canada are managed are no way linked to the result we currently are. 7/8 of the teams are in a rebuild and the only decent team is the habs and they lost the best player in the world in the most important position in hockey, so I shall give them a break for this season

Where is the extra team coming from?