4 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

glad to see the flyers have sabotaged the penguins once again hehehhe

kidding i dont root for injuries that is rude

unless it's crosby then it's okay

Rude! Crosby is my bae.

other than that I mean it's half Sully's fault for playing Murray anyway

1 hour ago, ADwyer87 said:

id love to see your reasoning on this lol

That is my reasoning haha. Sestito is a chump and his hit on Ryan White is why Pittsburgh and their never-ending cheap shots don't deserve to advance (i.e. Neal, Scuderi etc..)

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

That is my reasoning haha. Sestito is a chump and his hit on Ryan White is why Pittsburgh and their never-ending cheap shots don't deserve to advance (i.e. Neal, Scuderi etc..)

You do realize that's the same game the Flyers injured our goalie right?

All I'm saying is you're mad about Pittsburgh always having 'cheap shots', and you're example is two guys we traded away and a player(who was literally signed just to deal with Columbus) in a rivalry game after our goalie was injured in the same game and that's apparently a reason for us not to advance

i would say we deserve to advance because of the fact that we were the hottest team down the stretch despite having injuries to Fleury, Malkin, Bennett, and Maatta

Just now, ADwyer87 said:

You do realize that's the same game the Flyers injured our goalie right?

Hahahahaha I've watched the play 10 times and Schenn actually skates so hard to get around Murray and not hit him that your comment is funny. If you think that is intentional, I don't know what to say to you.

Just now, Kendrick said:

Hahahahaha I've watched the play 10 times and Schenn actually skates so hard to get around Murray and not hit him that your comment is funny. If you think that is intentional, I don't know what to say to you.

lol. The fact that you think that has anything to do with it is funny. The Flyers are our rivals. TRY TO GET OUT OF HIS WAY OR NOT, Matt Murray got hit and was injured. If I try to move out of your way while I'm driving and still clip your car and injure you, if I say 'sorry man, I tried to get out of your way' does that take away everything and suddenly you're ok? Now pretend we're bitter enemies with a long standing rivalry, and that's what you get

1 minute ago, ADwyer87 said:

lol. The fact that you think that has anything to do with it is funny. The Flyers are our rivals. TRY TO GET OUT OF HIS WAY OR NOT, Matt Murray got hit and was injured. If I try to move out of your way while I'm driving and still clip your car and injure you, if I say 'sorry man, I tried to get out of your way' does that take away everything and suddenly you're ok? Now pretend we're bitter enemies with a long standing rivalry, and that's what you get

Forgot to mention how since its also right before the playoffs it's even bigger. So it's like if your bitter rival accidentally hit you with his car and injured you less than a week before you were about to run a marathon

21 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

Uhhh you are comparing apples to oranges man. Schenn skated towards the net, actually attempted to avoid Murray. This isn't a case of a guy colliding with a goalie on purpose to injure him. My comment was centred around Sestito who purposely went to Ryan White and raised his elbow up to blindside hit him. HUGE difference. I don't give a shit if they are rivals or not, Schenn looked to avoid the goaltender, Sestito didn't look to avoid the elbow hit to White.

By the way, a car and a hockey hit are hardly comparable haha

7 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Uhhh you are comparing apples to oranges man. Schenn skated towards the net, actually attempted to avoid Murray. This isn't a case of a guy colliding with a goalie on purpose to injure him. My comment was centred around Sestito who purposely went to Ryan White and raised his elbow up to blindside hit him. HUGE difference. I don't give a shit if they are rivals or not, Schenn looked to avoid the goaltender, Sestito didn't look to avoid the elbow hit to White.

Especially since good hockey players are trained to crash the net to try and generate offense/screen the goalie. Schenn was doing his job. He tried to avoid the goalie, but he didn't. I don't mean to agree completely with Kendrick here but he is pretty much right on the nail. At the end of the day the "retaliation" Schenn deserved was an in game fight, a big legal hit, something other than a cheap shot, since he didn't cheap shot the goalie himself. It was as clear as a hockey play as there is any. 

All I know is Sestito is literally a hired thug. Also if someone in a football game legally nailed my teammate I would get back any way I could, whether to him or his teammate. Maybe that's just me.

5 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

All I know is Sestito is literally a hired thug. Also if someone in a football game legally nailed my teammate I would get back any way I could, whether to him or his teammate. Maybe that's just me.

So your a goon? If someone legally checked Crosby, put him down after he had his head down in a straight up hockey play you'd be perfectly fine slashing that person in the throat if you had to? Then you wonder why people complain about dirty and cheap players and have hatred for the Pens. Look how you even as a fan are reacting haha. 

13 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

First of all, similar situation. It was the first real-world thing that came to mind. If I said died or paralyzed that different. But fine, just look at a strictly hockey sense. You're a Pittsburgh Penguins player. You are playing your cross-state rivals the Philadelphia Flyers. In the first period, right before the playoffs, with your starting goalie injured, you see a player injure your goalie, though You can tell that that player did not mean to. Do you care? Maybe you do, but I wouldn't. Put in in perspective with your team and whoever your biggest rivals are in the same situation.

1 minute ago, Mr. Power said:

So your a goon? If someone legally checked Crosby, put him down after he had his head down in a straight up hockey play you'd be perfectly fine slashing that person in the throat if you had to? Then you wonder why people complain about dirty and cheap players and have hatred for the Pens. Look how you even as a fan are reacting haha. 

Lol. Yes totally, I'll just cut people's throats. Perfect comparison.

youre taking it out of context. If someone legally checked Crosby and injured him? Well, fuck yeah I'm gonna go after him. Slashing him in the throat lol? I'm not trying to murder someone over a hit.

Also, im an angry person usually that's just how I would react, not reflective of the whole fanbase.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Also, on the very first point, I'm not a goon, but Sestito IS a goon. That's what he does. I mean we literally signed him the day after Prout tried to cut Plotnikov in half because teams were beating up on us so much.

Just now, ADwyer87 said:

youre taking it out of context. If someone legally checked Crosby and injured him? Well, fuck yeah I'm gonna go after him. Slashing him in the throat lol? I'm not trying to murder someone over a hit.

Also, im an angry person usually that's just how I would react, not reflective of the whole fanbase.

Coming from the person who compared an accidental goalie bump in a game, one where the player actively avoided the goalie to a side swipe on the road in a vehicle. 

That is the point of contention I have. If someone legally checked one of my star players, injuring them, I'd sure as hell hope one of our grinders fights this player, stands up for him, sends a message. Sure. But cheap shotting someone with intentional elbows to the head etc? Never. I don't care even if the player did something awful, not legal. You never stoop to that level. You make them answer the bell like a man, with a real hockey hit or a hockey fight. You don't coward your way out of it with a cheap shot. That speaks to not only your character but your inability to handle your own emotional state. In our example, if Crosby had his head down and was legally checked and injured you know who are you ACTUALLY supposed to blame? CROSBY! He shouldn't of had his head down! 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Coming from the person who compared an accidental goalie bump in a game, one where the player actively avoided the goalie to a side swipe on the road in a vehicle. 

That is the point of contention I have. If someone legally checked one of my star players, injuring them, I'd sure as hell hope one of our grinders fights this player, stands up for him, sends a message. Sure. But cheap shotting someone with intentional elbows to the head etc? Never. I don't care even if the player did something awful, not legal. You never stoop to that level. You make them answer the bell like a man, with a real hockey hit or a hockey fight. You don't coward your way out of it with a cheap shot. That speaks to not only your character but your inability to handle your own emotional state. In our example, if Crosby had his head down and was legally checked and injured you know who are you ACTUALLY supposed to blame? CROSBY! He shouldn't of had his head down! 

Yes I did. accidental car crash and accidental goalie injury? I see it very similarly. Elbow to the face and slitting someone's throat? A little different there, at least to me.

second point, like I said, agree to disagree.

19 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

So you were fine with this @ADwyer87

No, that was wrong. 1) I always hated Asham 2) no one was hurt on that play so i don't know why he was that angry 3) that was deliberate intent to injure by Asham. Anyone who is trying to purposefully injure someone doesn't belong in the league.

Im not saying if someone injures your player you injure them. I'm just saying if I was in a situation where my teammate was injured by the other team, especially our rival, I would definitely be more aggressive that game, and would not take kindly to the player that did the injuring, accidental or not, if we were on the ice together.

of course I would never root for someone to be injured, or say they deserved it. Who hopes for something like that?

Edited by ADwyer87

2 hours ago, ADwyer87 said:

Stop comparing this to anything other than Hockey. You have a perfect comparison right in front of you, another hockey hit. Sestito did what he did, but Schenn legally crashed the net looking for a goal, you are basically saying what Sestito did was justified because his own player was legally accidentally hit. If that's the way you think, that is whats wrong with the game today. 

First of all, similar situation. It was the first real-world thing that came to mind. If I said died or paralyzed that different. But fine, just look at a strictly hockey sense. You're a Pittsburgh Penguins player. You are playing your cross-state rivals the Philadelphia Flyers. In the first period, right before the playoffs, with your starting goalie injured, you see a player injure your goalie, though You can tell that that player did not mean to. Do you care? Maybe you do, but I wouldn't. Put in in perspective with your team and whoever your biggest rivals are in the same situation.

Aren't you basically saying what I'm saying then? You're saying you wouldn't care if your goaltender got hurt yet you aren't really showing that same reaction in this thread. Maybe you mistyped there though.

Yes but Sestito's reaction doesn't at all work for what happened. 

1 hour ago, ADwyer87 said:

No, that was wrong. 1) I always hated Asham 2) no one was hurt on that play so i don't know why he was that angry 3) that was deliberate intent to injure by Asham. Anyone who is trying to purposefully injure someone doesn't belong in the league.

Im not saying if someone injures your player you injure them. I'm just saying if I was in a situation where my teammate was injured by the other team, especially our rival, I would definitely be more aggressive that game, and would not take kindly to the player that did the injuring, accidental or not, if we were on the ice together.

of course I would never root for someone to be injured, or say they deserved it. Who hopes for something like that?

Wait so couldn't this whole conversation be avoided by just saying "Sestito was in the wrong" after my comment? I mean all I said was that because of Sestito I hope the Pens lose in the first round. You then went on to tell me that Sestet's actions were justified because of Schenn making a hockey play and injuring the goalie of the Pens.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Wait so couldn't this whole conversation be avoided by just saying "Sestito was in the wrong" after my comment? I mean all I said was that because of Sestito I hope the Pens lose in the first round. You then went on to tell me that Sestet's actions were justified because of Schenn making a hockey play and injuring the goalie of the Pens.

Partly I agree with what Coach Sullivan said about the hit. Partly one of my main points is, hockey play or not, he injured our goalie and that is a reason to be mad. And partly I think one player doing a bad thing is a stupid reason to hate a whole team