Toronto Staying Put & VHL Wrestling Snippet

Molholt

Toronto is in a rebuild, and while some opportunities presented themselves to take a step forward, Toronto is staying put. Of the teams that started rebuilding recently, Toronto started with the least assets. So, it isn't surprising that they don't have many expendable pieces that have much value. The ones who are here are committed to the team and the future and are valuable to the long-term planning. Two teams moved goalies this offseason, an obvious need for Toronto. Sandro Clegane went to the Bears and Ariel Weinstein went to Stockholm. Toronto did have interest in these players, but not at a comparable level, they couldn't compete with 1st overall. 

For most players on the team, this will be only the first or second down season for the team. For Max Mølholt, it will be the third. While unfortunate for Max, he will just have to deal. Toronto will continue to develop talent from within and see what the next offseason brings. Not willing to overpay or sell the farm for a chance at 4th or 5th place, Toronto would rather hold steady and look to the future. 

Is it ideal? Not really, but we started with next to nothing and now we have the beginnings of something. We aren't there yet, but we'll get there eventually. 

--------------------------------------------------

VHL Wrestling has been on holiday hiatus, but is also looking for new people to join in. Edwin Reencarnacion successfully defended his title against Zach Parechkin in our Night of Champions and next we'll need to determine who our next contender is. At this point, we are one or two people short of having our own 10 man Royal Rumble, which would be a nice setup. I'll also take requests for matches, want to face someone specific or participate in some specific match? Let me know and we'll get it in the next event.

• Commissioner

Don't really have ideas for specific matches or anything but would be cool (and more visually intense) if you let us create our entrances. Even if we didn't go too customizable the ability to select our music, screen and animation based on a superstar in the game would be nice.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Don't really have ideas for specific matches or anything but would be cool (and more visually intense) if you let us create our entrances. Even if we didn't go too customizable the ability to select our music, screen and animation based on a superstar in the game would be nice.

You're more than welcome to in fact, I suppose I didn't specify it, but essentially anything goes in the appearance tab. YEAH!, for instance, specified that he wanted Sting's entrance. I've just been guessing for most people because no one else has included it. 

3 minutes ago, Molholt said:

You're more than welcome to in fact, I suppose I didn't specify it, but essentially anything goes in the appearance tab. YEAH!, for instance, specified that he wanted Sting's entrance. I've just been guessing for most people because no one else has included it. 

What exactly can we do?

Entrance Music? Pyro's @ Top of the stage? Ramp pyro? Video?

Just now, Kendrick said:

What exactly can we do?

Entrance Music? Pyro's @ Top of the stage? Ramp pyro? Video?

Yeah pretty much all of that, I'd have to look in the game when I get home to be specific, but you can adjust the way someone enters the arena, how they walk down the ramp, how they enter the ring, what they do inside the ring, what kind of lights are at each of those stages, what music plays, what video plays, etc. 

• Commissioner

I'm guessing unless someone involved has the game and knows the exact things they want it would be easiest to just say:

Give me Music from X

Give me Video from Y

Give me Animation from Z

But obviously more complex stuff would be cooler as well. I know you used to be able to put custom music in which I assume is still possible but obviously complicates things.

I'll definitely PM you sometime and at least get a basic intro down so that things don't look so bland.

20 minutes ago, Molholt said:

I think custom music is a casualty of the console upgrade, but maybe they'll add it back in in the future.

You just made me sad. Gone are the days where I could add "Epic" by Faith No More as my intro music. I'll send you an idea in PM later when I reach the hotel in this shitty city they call Seattle.

• Commissioner
44 minutes ago, Molholt said:

I think custom music is a casualty of the console upgrade, but maybe they'll add it back in in the future.

Yeah maybe. I know the last one I had on the PS3 (I don't even know how old it was) you could do it but you had to import the music to the console first and then to the game. Since the PS4 doesn't let you copy music to the system it probably wouldn't work.

6 minutes ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

remember when you drafted Sean Blacker over Shawn Muller? Pepperidge Farm remembers :P

It is even worse, because I did it in a way to ensure I got Blacker & one of you. Blacker gave me a big thank you too so far..

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Yeah maybe. I know the last one I had on the PS3 (I don't even know how old it was) you could do it but you had to import the music to the console first and then to the game. Since the PS4 doesn't let you copy music to the system it probably wouldn't work.

WWE 14'. I had it so I know what you're talking about. It was the bomb, you could literally add anything. I think I added Angle, Austin, Benoit, RVD and various others. Hearing Our Lady Peace brought back so many memories. @Phil you dig?

@Kendrick Oh another day... has gone.

Yea another day...

oo, has gone... has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...

I CAN'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE 

30 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Kendrick Oh another day... has gone.

Yea another day...

oo, has gone... has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...has gone...

I CAN'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE 

Wrong song! Navel was a beautiful pre-game song for when I was playing Football. The one Chris Benoit had was called Whatever.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I haven't been following along with anything in this convo... literally looked at my tag, read you typed OLP, and blurted out the first song that popped into ma mind haha

We can rock out to OLP in the Official VHL DJ ROOM!