VHL 20 in 20 #6: Bad Decisions

Phil

• Commissioner

I've clarified it before since this was written but considering you guys were trying to fully recall what happened I'll explain again.

The ban was based only on my having re-used sigs in different leagues. So basically I took the same sigs I had made and changed the text to re-use them here. I got caught on 3 of those and the regulations that had been created at that point were:

1st Offence - 1 week ban

2nd Offence - 2 week ban

3rd Offence - Full Season Ban

Or something along those lines; they were only actually created in the thread announcing my suspension. Originally Brooks was just going to strip me of the points I earned from them and give me a 1 week ban based on it being 1 time being caught. However, as I eluded to in the quotes, basically every member got onto the forum and saw the announcement before I did and all piled on their opinions on the matter before I could even defend myself. I think the topic was at page 5 or 6 before I even showed up. By that point it had basically been argued that I did it three times and therefore it should count as 3 offences and thus a full season ban.

What also occurred during those 5 pages was allegations of ripping which is probably where the confusion about stealing sigs came from. I can admit, not proudly but I can, that I did rip some sigs back then. I didn't use those for PT's in the league and they aren't the ones I got caught on but basically once that stuff started getting piled on it became a witch hunt to catch me on any technicality that they could.

I'll still say that I'm probably the biggest flop ever. Don't know if it's true but I'll say it. With that said, I still stand by my statement at the time and when Zero wrote 20 in 20 that a full season for what happened was insanely unjustified. The league wanted to make an example out of me so people wouldn't step out of line with PT's and it worked to an extent. I've seen people do it since and not receive any punishment but things were different back then. Like you said, TPE inflation wasn't as insane so that 4 (yeah, PT's weren't even 6 back then, I was full season banned over 12 TPE haha) TPE meant a lot more than it does now. PT's were the main course of points so they took it pretty extreme.

Oh well, it's the past. Pretty much all the members that were shouting for my head back then are gone and I'm still here so I guess I won the war? If still being here after so many years counts as winning haha

Edited by Beketov

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

I've clarified it before since this was written but considering you guys were trying to fully recall what happened I'll explain again.

The ban was based only on my having re-used sigs in different leagues. So basically I took the same sigs I had made and changed the text to re-use them here. I got caught on 3 of those and the regulations that had been created at that point were:

1st Offence - 1 week ban

2nd Offence - 2 week ban

3rd Offence - Full Season Ban

Or something along those lines; they were only actually created in the thread announcing my suspension. Originally Brooks was just going to strip me of the points I earned from them and give me a 1 week ban based on it being 1 time being caught. However, as I eluded to in the quotes, basically every member got onto the forum and saw the announcement before I did and all piled on their opinions on the matter before I could even defend myself. I think the topic was at page 5 or 6 before I even showed up. By that point it had basically been argued that I did it three times and therefore it should count as 3 offences and thus a full season ban.

What also occurred during those 5 pages was allegations of ripping which is probably where the confusion about stealing sigs came from. I can admit, not proudly but I can, that I did rip some sigs back then. I didn't use those for PT's in the league and they aren't the ones I got caught on but basically once that stuff started getting piled on it became a witch hunt to catch me on any technicality that they could.

I'll still say that I'm probably the biggest flop ever. Don't know if it's true but I'll say it. With that said, I still stand by my statement at the time and when Zero wrote 20 in 20 that a full season for what happened was insanely unjustified. The league wanted to make an example out of me so people wouldn't step out of line with PT's and it worked to an extent. I've seen people do it since and not receive any punishment but things were different back then. Like you said, TPE inflation wasn't as insane so that 4 (yeah, PT's weren't even 6 back then, I was full season banned over 12 TPE haha) TPE meant a lot more than it does now. PT's were the main course of points so they took it pretty extreme.

Oh well, it's the past. Pretty much all the members that were shouting for my head back then are gone and I'm still here so I guess I won the war? If still being here after so many years counts as winning haha

It was probably too much of a ban imo. Never really understood the idea that people cannot re-use signatures from other leagues. I mean, you still put in the work to make a signature. Now if you just ripped some rando off the internet, that's different. However, as you alluded to, you didn't use those for PTs. I would not have even given you a ban, but times were tough back then.

Whatever yo, you went before the great Scotty "Rigger" Campbell. Who gives a shit if you weren't as dominant as him :drunk:

• Commissioner
22 minutes ago, Knight said:

It was probably too much of a ban imo. Never really understood the idea that people cannot re-use signatures from other leagues. I mean, you still put in the work to make a signature. Now if you just ripped some rando off the internet, that's different. However, as you alluded to, you didn't use those for PTs. I would not have even given you a ban, but times were tough back then.

Whatever yo, you went before the great Scotty "unusually attractive male companion" Campbell. Who gives a shit if you weren't as dominant as him :drunk:

First off, that's probably the best use of that emoticon that I've ever seen haha.

But yeah, that was basically my argument back then. The main argument was basically that I used it for TPE in another league and therefore it's not "100% original" which is the wording that the rubric used. I think it was more of an issue back then when there were more hockey leagues around so I guess you could get TPE with the same sig in like 4leagues but even then, what does it really matter? I don't even remember what sigs they were or if I just changed the text. i feel like I changed the render as well but oh well, is what it is.

#Sharpe4HOF as compensation haha