NA Semi-Finals GM 2: Yukon vs. Ottawa

Higgins

2 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Perhaps I should clarify. Actives can't be out of position meaning forwards can't play d or vice versa, but it's fine if a center plays wing or whatever. On Powerplays, forwards on the point are allowed as well. 

First of all, I'm still not entirely sure when this came about. I know that we made a rule about this in the VHL (which also isn't written down anywhere sensible), but I thought we specifically left the VHLM alone.

Second of all, I certainly can adjust my 4 on 4 and PK to reflect this rule. It would just mean my actives get less time. Which is silly for reasons I shouldn't have to explain.

Yea it's not a written rule so I guess anything goes, couldn't find any official ruling or rulebook on it, but I'll be adding some sort of rule into the VHLM rulebook for next season. I was just joking about the re-sim, because there was one in the VHL.

I just sort of noticed it when I was comparing lines today, Kharlamov stuck out for me as he's on both 5 on 5 forward lines and defensive lines.

3 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

First of all, I'm still not entirely sure when this came about. I know that we made a rule about this in the VHL (which also isn't written down anywhere sensible), but I thought we specifically left the VHLM alone.

Second of all, I certainly can adjust my 4 on 4 and PK to reflect this rule. It would just mean my actives get less time. Which is silly for reasons I shouldn't have to explain.

The rule is based on precedent only, I have no strong feelings towards the rule

• Admin
7 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

It's not written down anywhere because what is written down is that any position change must be made permanently, i.e. once in a career. That implies that you can't just play people out of position.

What isn't mentioned is PP/PK which is allowed based on precedent.

1 minute ago, Higgins said:

Yea it's not a written rule so I guess anything goes, couldn't find any official ruling or rulebook on it, but I'll be adding some sort of rule into the VHLM rulebook for next season. I was just joking about the re-sim, because there was one in the VHL.

I just sort of noticed it when I was comparing lines today, Kharlamov stuck out for me as he's on both 5 on 5 forward lines and defensive lines.

I know you were joking, and I do indeed recall the rule being made, I just only remember it being about the VHL. I feel like boubabi/Vasteras was involved. So I know it's a VHL rule, and even if it's not written down anywhere accessible I'd still enforce it, I just don't remember how/why it would have been created/enforced in the VHLM, which is literally a developmental league, and the "no ACTIVE player playing out of position" is enforcing the exact opposite. If anything, it should be a straight up "No forwards on defence and vice versa," but really it shouldn't exist for the VHLM at all. They restrict GMs enough as it is, I can hardly help which waiver players I can even receive, never mind what position they're gonna create in.

Anyway, I have a .shl file with "compliant" lines ready, and I need to leave now. If I need to send them, tell me now.

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

It's not written down anywhere because what is written down is that any position change must be made permanently, i.e. once in a career. That implies that you can't just play people out of position.

What isn't mentioned is PP/PK which is allowed based on precedent.

Right. I suppose it doesn't specifically say a forward can't play defence, but whatever.

But still, that's exclusively VHL.

2 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Anyway, I have a .shl file with "compliant" lines ready, and I need to leave now. If I need to send them, tell me now.

I put them in my Dropbox, so you can tell me within an hour optimally.