VHL Video Game Ideas [Reviewed]

Tagger

th?id=OIP.M75e4ef945b6cf132e43e880958dbe

Hi, my name is Sterling Labatte and I'm gonna ban your ass!

With the glorious creation of the sure to be hilarious VHL Fire Red being made courtesy of Jardy Bunclewirth, I got to thinking “what other VHL themed video games could be made?” I mean sure, there is the obvious choice of a hockey game, but the VHL can do so much better than just a standard sport simulation. Here’s a few ideas I had for a VHL related game:

hqdefault.jpg

Hey, you interested in joining my hockey league? Wait, why are you running away? 

VHL Recruitment Simulator

A unique twist on the “Dating Simulation” genre, VHL Recruitment Simulator sees you control a prominent member of the VHL universe in their quest to earn as much of that beautiful uncapped recruitment TPE as they possibly can. Interact with over 30 characters (each with their own unique characteristics), try to win them over by selecting the correct dialogue options and by taking them to their favourite of the 15 unique environments including the theatre, the hockey arena and the bar. Finally, once you feel like you’ve developed a strong enough personal relationship with them, risk all of that for the sake of that delicious TPE by proposing to them to join the VHL. Feel the elation of securing a recruit, experience even more loneliness than usual when they turn you down or recoil in horror when some Tyler Durden shit goes down and you realise the “best friend” that you made was just an alternate personality that YOU created, leading you to frantically deal with the “alternate account” accusations!

Edwin Encarnacion’s PIM “Simulator”

So back before Encarnacion was set ablaze and became Reencarnacion, I’d come up with the idea of a PIM Simulator game where you took control of a player in a simulated hockey game and basically spent the entire game trying to pick up PIMs while everyone else is trying to play hockey. While that idea could work, I think a much better idea would be to instead make it into a more arcade style local multiplayer game. More in the vein of a game like Super Smash Bros. or Gang Beasts, up to four players compete over two minutes to rack up as many Penalty Minutes as possible, with the help of power-ups such as steroids, illegal equipment (such as flamethrowers and spiked hockey sticks) and stool softeners. Players can get PIM multipliers by chaining PIMs together or by earning PIMs in a creative way, e.g. knock out a spectator and then use their unconscious body to flip off the officials to pick up a double multiplier for unsportsmanlike conduct. At the end of the game, all four players retreat to the penalty box to have their penalty minutes tallied up and whoever has accrued the most penalty minutes wins, while everyone else is carted off to prison because, let’s face it, attacking someone with the blade of your ice skate and then taking a shit on their prone body is not really cool.  

Review:

Sign me up lol. I've only asked two people but I've gotten turned down twice. It's even more awkward trying to convince someone on Saskatoon that I GM to come back, especially since I know they read my message :ph34r: but I digress. The PIM simulator sounds pretty cool, though I could definitely see flamethrowers backfiring on you. I think you could use some traps too, to slow down the other three players you're facing. Just giving ya more ideas

506 words :D