Claimed:Kronos - Meute Property? [Reviewed]

Evans

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

Like I said, for your sake, since you have already been brainwashed and currently enjoy Quebec, I will give Brovy the option of keeping you still. It will just be a higher guaranteed price is all.

I'd personally recommend for both parties to place you back in the draft though. Quebec should finish the season with a Top 2 or 3 pick, which should be sufficient to acquire you anyway if you stay active until then. If not, then it removes the risk on Brovy's part. I'll leave it up to you guys to discuss, though.

Kind of bs to reopen something after a decision has already been made regarding it. Kes didn't come in here to gloat purposely. He was making a joke. Taking what he said at face value and applying it to the situation is very weird to do regarding the back and fourth I've seen on this site between all members. 

Whats the point of making a decision on anything if it's going to be changed a couple days later because a single person has a change of heart?

20 hours ago, Evans said:

Kind of bs to reopen something after a decision has already been made regarding it. Kes didn't come in here to gloat purposely. He was making a joke. Taking what he said at face value and applying it to the situation is very weird to do regarding the back and fourth I've seen on this site between all members. 

Whats the point of making a decision on anything if it's going to be changed a couple days later because a single person has a change of heart?

Like I said, I was already in talks with Blue to re-evaluate before this media spot even existed (or at the very least well before I even saw it). And believe me, I don't really like going back on an agreement either, but there's not a single rational person who can deny it would be the lesser of the two evils (which is this blowing the F open in a season from now). Brovy's comment just annoyed me enough to not let the situation fester longer than it has to. Other than that, it didn't change anything.

I don't deny that this was handled very poorly on our part, but I'm not going to make the rest of the league suffer for that mistake, especially while there's still time to fix it.

I am sorry to you and Brovy for kind of pulling the rug out from under you here. But he wasn't wrong, you guys were getting WAYYY too good a deal. You can't deny that the new proposal is much more fair. I don't know what crack we were smoking in the first place. I am sorry, and it won't happen again.

4 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Like I said, I was already in talks with Blue to re-evaluate before this media spot even existed (or at the very least well before I even saw it). And believe me, I don't really like going back on an agreement either, but there's not a single rational person who can deny it would be the lesser of the two evils (which is this blowing the F open in a season from now). Brovy's comment just annoyed me enough to not let the situation fester longer than it has to. Other than that, it didn't change anything.

I don't deny that this was handled very poorly on our part, but I'm not going to make the rest of the league suffer for that mistake, especially while there's still time to fix it.

I am sorry to you and Brovy for kind of pulling the rug out from under you here. But he wasn't wrong, you guys were getting WAYYY too good a deal. You can't deny that the new proposal is much more fair. I don't know what crack we were smoking in the first place. I am sorry, and it won't happen again.

If it was such a bad decision why was it signed off on in the first place? Don't want to come off as a dick but I'm genuinely curious 

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If it was such a bad decision why was it signed off on in the first place? Don't want to come off as a dick but I'm genuinely curious 

For my part, I wasn't as well researched as I should have been. I didn't realize at the time that Kronos was the last active in the S48 Draft. So initially I didn't think a replacement 2nd would have necessarily been fair since there may have been a lost active opportunity cost for Quebec. That was incorrect, however. I also didn't realize at the time that Kronos was literally a Top 3 or 4 player already. For some reason I thought the 1st round of S49 was deeper than it is. Also incorrect.

Ultimately, we brainstormed a few options, but where we made our mistake was, instead of weighing out those options ourselves, we just gave them to Brovy right away. So it was partly due to shitty research, and partly due to a busy distracting off-season. It wasn't until the dust settled with the Komarov Komastoversy that I realized how poorly thought out the Kronos thing was. So that was when I asked Draper if he had already talked to Brovy about that, and then literally 8 seconds later Brovy posted Kronos' player card (which I took as a "yes"). We then lightly hem-hawwed on what to do about it for a day, and then I saw this thread, and then I got angry, and realized there was only one thing TO do. So now I'm finally doing it.

It wasn't a very good process, and it's not our usual way. I don't even fully know how we could have been so foolish at the time. I just want to make things right now.

Review:

This was a good article. Unfortunately it sparked so much debate and gained so much negative attention for the both the league's initial decision and a GM's behavior regarding the decision. I hope for the best whatever ends up happening with this decision. You're going to be a great player so just keep it up, it won't matter where you end up playing, you'll be something special I'm sure.