Claimed:The Final Push [Reviewed]

As far as the playoffs go, the two favourites to win the cup were none other than the current finalists, the Toronto Legion and the Helsinki Titans. So, not surprisingly, both of these teams are currently facing off against each other in the finals.

The Legion's road was through the Seattle Bears first, where they took the series 4-2 and ended it in six games. They out-shot the Bears badly throughout their series, and without some ridiculous games by Sandro Clegane, that would have been over earlier. When you look at the game in which Toronto had the most shots, it was a 62 shot effort in Game 5 that went to 2OT. Crazy enough, the Bears won that game while Sandro Clegane saved 59 of 62 shots. The Legion's game that advanced them to the VHL Finals was in Game 6, where they made the Seattle Bears look like a minor league team. Toronto out-shot them 41-15, and took the game 3-0. Throughout the series, Toronto out-shot them a total of 267-159, which is an average of 45-27.

Now, as it is tonight, the Toronto Legion currently have a 3-1 series lead against the other Clegane brother, Greg Clegane. Funnily enough, this series also holds a crazy game where Toronto out-shot its opponent huge and still lost. In Game 2 of the VHL Finals, Toronto out-shot Helsinki 62-19, and Gregor Clegane made 61 of 62 saves. That is some series stat padding for Greg "The Mountain". Toronto were ahead in shots in that Overtime 13-5, but Helsinki Titans' Wolfgang Strauss ended it with his goal to give Helstinki the 1-1 series tie.

-----------------------------

reimerso.jpg

-----------------------------

Since then, however, Toronto has won another two games. They have had a very balanced scoring output, lead by star player Max Molholt. Molholt has 13 points in 10 games, with eight goals. Astonishingly, he has zero points on the power play throughout the post-season. Tim TebowGow has also been turning heads in a big way with his 12 points, and his 322 minutes of ice time is more than any other member of the Toronto Legion.

If there is anybody that deserves recognition right now though, that would be goaltender Hans Wingate. This dude is boasting a 7-1-2 playoff record, with a 0.942 save percentage. His 1.39 goals against average is also best in the playoffs. Greg Clegane is right behind him in save percentage with 0.941, and much credit to him for that. That 61 save effort in the finals shows that he has got game. For Wingate however, this is par the course for him. Up until this season, he had a total of 0.930 save percentage as a career post-season number. The fact that he has only been better these playoffs goes to show that he is not done yet, and the Legion are thankful for that. All that being said, you can guess who my candidate for MVP would be.

These finals are far from over though, and the Toronto Legion know it. They may have a 3-1 series lead, but we in the VHL have seen many surprising finishes in the post-season for teams. The Helsinki Titans are no doubt going to bring it next game, and the Legion will be ready.

Grammar: 

lead by star player Max Molholt.  = led by 

I love catching mistakes of Head Graders. Because I'm an ass. 

Great article. Nice recap of the playoff run. They series ain't over yet and I think you'll be disappointed with the sim results tonight. Toronto are the strongest team in the league right now and Molholt's done a terrific job with putting this team together. When he took over Toronto I had NO DOUBT that the Legion would win a Cup under him. Unfortunately for you guys, it still may not be this season :shades::ph34r:

13 hours ago, Phil said:

Grammar: 

lead by star player Max Molholt.  = led by 

I love catching mistakes of Head Graders. Because I'm an ass. 

Great article. Nice recap of the playoff run. They series ain't over yet and I think you'll be disappointed with the sim results tonight. Toronto are the strongest team in the league right now and Molholt's done a terrific job with putting this team together. When he took over Toronto I had NO DOUBT that the Legion would win a Cup under him. Unfortunately for you guys, it still may not be this season :shades::ph34r:

Sorry to have proved you wrong.

My next goal: win a cup with Phil.

Review:

Pretty sure the series IS over now ;) Congrats on the win! Seattle is gonna be coming for you next year when Podarok comes up! Seems like you ran into some hot goalies like I did. It's funny that you played both the Clegane bros in back to back rounds! 

547 words :D 

(btw u should change this title thaaaaanks)

Edited by ADwyer87