Claimed:S42-S49 [Reviewed]

The S49 has begun so it means that I survived my first player without an early retirement. Not only I didn't retire Benjamin Zeptenebrgs earlier, I managed to pass the 500 TPE mark, which is decent for the forever welfare guy. And with the fact that in first three seasons I was barely able to earn more than 40-50 TPE, the decent word turns into the very decent. And what's more important - Zeptenbergs is going to retire with at least one Continental Cup. I'm quite happy with that.

4l391z.jpg

LSHL league was still on rise and I still was straight scrub at English language when I joined VHL back in S41. I joined the Minot (dismissed after S42), but shortly after that I almost disappeared, because the VHL wasn't first or even second in my prority list. However, the key word is almost; I was still claiming welfare and practise facility TPE's and I think Benjamin was considered as a guy who can be depth player in the far future. It didn't save me from being drafted in the second round (14th, last from actives in the S42 draft), but I still had some hope. And because of that, I decided to keep Benz alive. So that was a little background of B.Z. before he went to the big league. I've had ups and downs, just like every VHL player, but that's going to be too long read, so I'll do this thing in different way:

I'll name 3 favourite seasons of Zep, the seasons where I had most success and more fun:

3. Season 46. Yes, it was S45, when I made the playoffs for the first time in my VHL career, but S46 is the season where Benjamin started to make a real impact. I guess he was a TOP 10 in points almost for whole season, but the GM of Quebec wasn't fond of my player's play as he aimed for the high draft picks, not for the playoffs. After BenZ got traded to Cologne, he slowed down and finished way outside TOP 10 (20th btw) and didn't make it to the ASG. Still, it was a nice season.

2. Season 47. It was a privilege to be part of S47 FA class. So much superstars were searching for the new team and then the 380 TPE guy who was depreciated already. Contrast detected. By the way, I had the retirement plan on my mind - I wasn't sure about my next team: competitors or another bottom feeder? (Before FA market opened I made a statement where I said I'm going to retire, if no one from competitor team will take me) Luckily for me, Calgary took me so it meant no retirement in S47. Our team were an undergdog and we almost pulled that card. We were so close to send the powerhouse Americans to home, but we collapsed in the end. But it's fun to play for an underdogs.

1. Season 48+off-season. You know what happened there. Molholt finally finished his rebuild plan and made the strong moves, such as trading picks for players, like Benjamin Zeptenbergs. I joined the Legion just in right time: LR was buzzing (most posts since S35, or maybe even older one), team was a powerhouse and finally Zep made it into the ASG. Ironically, after that my player had like >10 game pointless streak and that was only negative thing in last season, because I had a real chance to break Benjamin's point record. But we got the cup, so I can't complain with that. Also, I was one of the World Cup team's GM where I was showing to everybody, how to screw team's chances for the medal by pulling a backup. But in overall, that was the season where people had a chance to see an active hedgehog337, not just a welfare master. 

somqko.jpg

Hey Hedge, what's up with your future plans?

What's next? I'll make a recreate, that's for sure. Will I save my S48 activity level? I don't know, but my heart says that the answer is no. I'm just not consistent in terms of being committed to one league. The first month I'll make an impact in VHL, next month in SBA, and then in GOMHL or even SBL or something like that. But I'll make sure I'm not going to disappear for next 5-6 months. 

I could write 2000 words more about my player, but in my opinion that's not necessary. Ok, one more fact - Zeptenbergs is the first VHL champ from Latvia. That's it and good luck to my next player. 

Review: Congrats on making it to the end of a player's career! Pretty impressive that you kept up with the whole welfare thing. Good thing about this sport is you will get decent ice time no matter what due to how much depth a hockey team needs. 

• Evans changed the title to S42-S49 [Reviewed]