Random poll about sports stuff

FacePuncher

Random poll about sports stuff  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just was thinking if this as I saw the starting pitching matchup for my team today. Not counting this for TPE just wanted to ask

Edited by ADwyer87

1) I would still root for my team even if they signed someone I didn't like, but I would want them gone. Like if the Eagles signed Greg Hardy I would still root for them, but I would want that scumbag off my team ASAP

2) If an Eagles star signed with the Cowboys, Redskins, Giants, or Patriots I hate them forever. I still hate TO

1 minute ago, flyersfan1493 said:

Guy played with screws in his ankle in the Super Bowl. If McNabb wasn't a baby and didn't feud with him the next off-season, TO would have been liked in the same vein as McNabb, Westbrook, etc...

The guy is tough for sure, but you wouldn't see Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones doing sit ups on their drive way and holding out like that. And you are correct that McNabb had a garbage personality too, but that doesn't excuse TO's actions

6 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

1) I would still root for my team even if they signed someone I didn't like, but I would want them gone. Like if the Eagles signed Greg Hardy I would still root for them, but I would want that scumbag off my team ASAP

2) If an Eagles star signed with the Cowboys, Redskins, Giants, or Patriots I hate them forever. I still hate TO

My thoughts too.

1) If my team signs a piece of shit I hate that piece of shit, but love my team.

2) Greg Jennings comes to mind. Brett Favre was a hard one to get over but I realized he did it because he still had gas in the tank.

• Admin

First question needs another option for me: is the player any good? I'm very pragmatic in my support, which makes me a shitty fan, but a player who improves the team can have questionable past or character, fuck it.

Fuck the guys who leave for free to rivals though. Except Lampard.

The reasoning behind this was because I saw the Cardinals matchup the other night and saw we were facing Cueto. Last year they were talking about the Cards getting Cueto and some people were excited, but all I remember about him is the brawl where he kicked our backup catcher in the face and forced him to retire from baseball, and I don't want anything to do with that, I don't think I could cheer for that guy to have a good outing.

For part two I could definitely still support them In baseball, I remember John Mabry signed with the Cubs, and I went to the first Cards-Cubs matchup with him starting and he got a hit with his first at bat, and everyone started cheering for him. I remember when Kurt Warner left the Rams I was cheering for him, he was a great QB and an even greater story, plus the Rams front office treated him terribly. I also cheer for Paul Pierce wherever he goes, being a Boston Celtics fan. And I still like Sutter even though he's in Vancouver now.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

The reasoning behind this was because I saw the Cardinals matchup the other night and saw we were facing Cueto. Last year they were talking about the Cards getting Cueto and some people were excited, but all I remember about him is the brawl where he kicked our backup catcher in the face and forced him to retire from baseball, and I don't want anything to do with that, I don't think I could cheer for that guy to have a good outing.

For part two I could definitely still support them In baseball, I remember John Mabry signed with the Cubs, and I went to the first Cards-Cubs matchup with him starting and he got a hit with his first at bat, and everyone started cheering for him. I remember when Kurt Warner left the Rams I was cheering for him, he was a great QB and an even greater story, plus the Rams front office treated him terribly. I also cheer for Paul Pierce wherever he goes, being a Boston Celtics fan. And I still like Sutter even though he's in Vancouver now.

Could you make a list of which teams you like cuz unlike eaglesfan it's hard to follow since you seem to know other cities exist other than Philadelphia. :P

10 minutes ago, Victor said:

Could you make a list of which teams you like cuz unlike eaglesfan it's hard to follow since you seem to know other cities exist other than Philadelphia. :P

Lol

St. Louis Cardinals

the now gone St. Louis Rams, so I don't exactly have a football team anymore :( 

Pittsburgh Penguins

Boston Celtics

Edited by ADwyer87

• Admin
1 minute ago, ADwyer87 said:

Lol

St. Louis Cardinals

the now gone St. Louis Rams, so I don't exactly have a football team anymore :( 

Pittsburgh Penguins

Boston Celtics

but you're in Texas?!

I voted yes to both, but it would really have to depend on the context. When Caps signed Mike Richards I was hesitant due to his party background, but he showed up to the rink everyday, played hard nosed smart veteran hockey and won me over. It's easy for him to win me over though when his sin is that he was enjoying life too much. Someone who abuses animals, or other people on the other hand? I don't know.

As for number two, I may be frustrated if a player left in FA after being all loyal and saying they wouldn't and all that. But like when Ovechkin finally hits FA if we don't resign him and he goes somewhere else I'll probably just live with it. If a player who has been drafted by a franchise gives that franchise their due worth of the pick, it's tough to fault them for eventually going to FA. 

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Even if that player is a domestic abuser?

If someone breaks the law and is convicted they are allowed to return to their job after they serve their time and pay their fines. No different with an athlete, everybody gets a second chance in my eyes. I certainly have no time for people like that and my views on that subject are another discussion for a different venue.

47 minutes ago, Dangles13 said:

If someone breaks the law and is convicted they are allowed to return to their job after they serve their time and pay their fines. No different with an athlete, everybody gets a second chance in my eyes. I certainly have no time for people like that and my views on that subject are another discussion for a different venue.

I get that and agree, but what if they are found guilty and the league just gives them a slap on the wrist? Greg heady is the biggest example to me. An individual like that who hasn't learnt his lesson doesn't deserve a second chance in a professional atmosphere. That person needs help and not an inflated salary.

21 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I get that and agree, but what if they are found guilty and the league just gives them a slap on the wrist? Greg heady is the biggest example to me. An individual like that who hasn't learnt his lesson doesn't deserve a second chance in a professional atmosphere. That person needs help and not an inflated salary.

I have no love for Hardy and as far as I'm concerned he shouldn't be free but it's not like you can refuse him the right to hold down a job.

3 hours ago, Dangles13 said:

I have no love for Hardy and as far as I'm concerned he shouldn't be free but it's not like you can refuse him the right to hold down a job.

That's not what were saying though. We are saying would you hate the guy if he was on your team? As a fan I have no say over him having the job or not. However, I won't shed a tear if he gets injured, cut, waived, concussed or whatever else that is thought as "unfortunate".

So when you relate that job to the question asked, No I don't have a fibre in my body that would be okay with my team signing scum (no matter who it is). I grew up a Devils fan, been around that organization for a long time and still have "family" involved, if they signed the Devil himself I wouldn't be okay with it. I also hate Brad Marchand because he is scum on the ice, but he is a great guy off the ice so I wouldn't have a problem with it.

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

That's not what were saying though. We are saying would you hate the guy if he was on your team? As a fan I have no say over him having the job or not. However, I won't shed a tear if he gets injured, cut, waived, concussed or whatever else that is thought as "unfortunate".

So when you relate that job to the question asked, No I don't have a fibre in my body that would be okay with my team signing scum (no matter who it is). I grew up a Devils fan, been around that organization for a long time and still have "family" involved, if they signed the Devil himself I wouldn't be okay with it. I also hate Brad Marchand because he is scum on the ice, but he is a great guy off the ice so I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I guess my stance is that if he is helping the team then I'm ok with the player being there even though I don't like him and would prefer him gone. It definitely depends on circumstances though, there is a line for me.

10 hours ago, flyersfan1493 said:

No Blues?

When I got into hockey no one in STL, at least that I knew, was talking about hockey, so I just never got into the team