Claimed:In Defence of Kesler

The VHL Needs More People like Kesler17

keslersad.jpg

Google image search fof Kesler17

Kesler17 has developed quite a reputation in his short time in the VHL. He has become notorious for his bad grammar, young age and often bizarre thought processes. Mostly because of his grammar and youth, Kesler has become the VHL’s unofficial whipping boy. Sometimes it manifests itself in simple jokes and light-hearted trolling, but in other occasions it has involved breaking into his account, and straight up bullying. In fact, Kesler has been the butt-end of so many jokes that it now almost seems like chirping him is aiming for the low fruit, when a lot of VHL members could come up with much more clever ways to spend their time and get their kicks in the league. 

It’s true, his spelling and grammar is absolutely atrocious and his refusal to improve it is beyond infuriating. It’s also true that he has shown some serious lapses in maturity from time to time, and ended up in some terrible flame wars as a result. Nevertheless, I believe that Kesler is an incredibly valuable member to the community, and in fact I believe that the VHL could benefit from more members like Kesler.

Passion for the League

Say what you will about him, but Kesler has a clear love of the VHL. Even though he has been chirped constantly and his name has been dragged through the shit, Kesler is still one of the most active members in the league. He is constantly seen around the boards, trying to contribute to the community however he can. Some of his posts may be less than substantial, but I had the pleasure of sharing a locker room with Kesler in Seattle and you could clearly see there the love that he had for the VHL. He is always chiming in on discussion in the league, giving CnC on graphics, and he looks to help improve the league by taking on jobs when he gets the opportunity. He’s been through enough shit and been mistreated by enough members to cause anybody else to fuck off and do their own thing, yet he stays.

Dedication

Coming into a league with people who have been doing graphic design for literally half of Kesler’s life could have been very intimidating. It’s easy to look ‘how the fuck can I ever compare to that?’ and give up, but Kesler didn’t. Kesler has decided that he wants to get better at his sig making, and so he has dedicated himself thoroughly to it. He is regularly pumping out sigs and, while they are no masterpieces just yet, they are constantly improving. His sigmaking habits have also improved, and he regularly takes CnC given to him into account and now produces new versions of sigs and wants to learn to make better graphics. It takes a lot of dedication to become a good graphic designer, and Kesler is showing more of it every day.

Attitude

Yes, Kesler has got in his fair share of spats, and yes he has been known to display less maturity than the average person from time to time, but so have we all. When it comes down to it, Kesler has recently shown a huge improvement in his attitude around the league. When people are laughing at him, he has started to laugh with them, and taken a lot of chirps with a good attitude. He’s been thrown under the bus, but he doesn’t seem to mind anymore. Even in some of his spats and flame wars, by the time it’s over Kesler has ended up looking more mature than certain members who are much older than him.

Say what you will about Kesler, but his presence in the league is welcome, and he has shown a ton of growth as a member and player. If he could just learn to fucking spell, he could become one of the more memorable people to pass through the VHL, and not for the reasons one might assume.

Content: 3/3 - Kesler has been nothing but positive since coming to Davos and has been an awesome teammate. His grammar can be infuriating, but then again, we all have our own faults. The fact that he can get through all the crap that gets flung at him is nothing short of remarkable. Great piece to shed more light on this topic, sir.

Grammar: 2/2 - Pretty good for the most part, just two little things.

image search fof Kesler17 = image search of Kesler17
It’s easy to look ‘how the fuck can I ever compare to that?’ = I think you meant "It's easy to think/say," because it comes off as awkward as you wrote it.

Appearance: 1/1 - I think this could have used another picture, but it's ok as is.

Overall: 6/6 - Well done sir.