Orange is the New Black

Shaka

I've been watching this recently. Well, more accurately my grandparents have and I've just been in the room at the time. I've enjoyed it more than I thought, but haven't invested a lot of time in it yet

I'm currently on episode 5 of season 4. I really need to get through this season.

I know something sad happens at the end of the season, since I've heard from more than a few people and my Facebook. Plus your post here. Although one of my buddies said the ending wasn't that bad and he didn't care for the character?

2 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I'm currently on episode 5 of season 4. I really need to get through this season.

I know something sad happens at the end of the season, since I've heard from more than a few people and my Facebook. Plus your post here. Although one of my buddies said the ending wasn't that bad and he didn't care for the character?

It's a good season. Hit me up or throw some spoilersort in this thread when you finish. I want to see what people think.

For those who haven't watched yet or are early in the series it's a surprisingly good watch. Jennifer Koha is a terrific show runner, the acting is great and they tackle a surprising amount of social issues with the proper tone and attention.

So I don't actually watch the show but

Spoiler

I watched about 2 episodes of mid to late season because I happened to be in the room when my mom was watching it, and during that span I pointed to the screen and said "do they kill people off in this show? If they do, that character is going to die" and it was the one that did. It might have been more obscured for people who had watched the storyline from the beginning, but in that context it just seemed so obvious to me.

13 hours ago, Shaka said:

It's a good season. Hit me up or throw some spoilersort in this thread when you finish. I want to see what people think.

For those who haven't watched yet or are early in the series it's a surprisingly good watch. Jennifer Koha is a terrific show runner, the acting is great and they tackle a surprising amount of social issues with the proper tone and attention.

Definitely a good watch. Too many people write it off as a women's prison show, assuming it's some boring girl drama. It's much better than that though.

7 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

So I don't actually watch the show but

Reveal hidden contents

I watched about 2 episodes of mid to late season because I happened to be in the room when my mom was watching it, and during that span I pointed to the screen and said "do they kill people off in this show? If they do, that character is going to die" and it was the one that did. It might have been more obscured for people who had watched the storyline from the beginning, but in that context it just seemed so obvious to me.

Should go without saying don't read this without watching the finale.

Spoiler

They don't kill off characters. In fact, I think the last death was in Season 1 when a tweaker died and she was like a C list character. For them to suddenly kill arguably the most likeable and most respected character on the show was a shocking development in my opinion. This show doesn't pride it's self on shock value or sudden deaths like GOT or WD. It tells long, detailed stories. Poussey's was someone who started as a background character, given more time in season 2, made a main character in season 3 and then entrusted with arguably the biggest moment on the show to date.

It was probably easily to predict as an outside.

I was in my living room, on the couch with almost a word for word thought process: "Get up Poussey. Get off her. Ok, let's go. Bro. Move. Come on, get off. Can she really not breathe? They wouldn't. They won't do this. Come on! Is she really dieing? She's actually going to die? No fucking way. What the fuck. Give her CPR. Fucking give her CPR! What is happening? Did she just fucking die?! Are you fucking kidding me? Poussey! Fuck this show."

My wife cried... ha.