Made Yukon Great Again

Victor

• Admin

On the 8th of May of the year of our Lord 2016 I promised a promise.

On 5/9/2016 at 0:44 AM, Victor said:

I want to personally put into action my ambition for the VHLM:

Make a VHLM contender without a single recreate.

Two months later and the Yukon Rush are in the Founder's Cup final.

John Syeschel and Mario Lee are kind of recreates but who cares. This was somehow a success. And to make things better, Yukon still has a full complement of draft picks in S50, in addition to retaining some members of the team. Will need a goalie though.

In the meantime, 4 wins away from a perfect debut season but in any case overachievement has already taken place. Lots of love to @Dangles13 @bukss_a @Tixe and @JPL for sticking out the whole season. Unfortunately we look to have lost @Digg and @jjdynamite who I had high hopes for. Everyone else was never particularly active to begin with.

The VHLM still needs help and either contraction and/or two players is what needs to happen. In the meantime I'll just enjoy the fact that it is possible to do this VHLM GM thing without trying to win and winning some games anyway. And while we can't just all shun recreates, it would be nice and refreshing to see more teams jump on the bandwagon.

As for the lack of recreates at Yukon, well, while I made my point, I won't be changing my policy while GM. In S50 and for the foreseeable future, the Yukon Rush will avoid recreates like the plague, unless of course there are no first-gens left to draft.

For the time being, let's see where the next week (or less) takes us.

:yuk:

:vhlm: