Royal Resolution: Press Conference

BluObieZ

So I know why you all are here. You want to know where I will be taking talents in s50. Well after a long pondering I have made my decision. A decision that is hard because I leave very good anday strong offers on the table. First I would like address the first loser so you can call them 3rd place. Seattle had a very strong offer. Tons of money to play for a horrible team for one season. Then less money to play for a shot at the cup. I turned it down because ultimately I want to win as many cups as possible and sacking for a season makes no sense to me. I wanted to do it but I couldn't. 

Next up is is the 2nd place team. This was VERY HARD to turn down. Every inch of me was saying Covington you fucking moron go there. They have a legit shot at the cup this season. They have many guys that I like. But in the end I could not sign there.  Why? I'm not exactly sure at this moment. This maybe something I regret at the end of the season. But the 2nd place team in the Covington sweepstakes is... Cologne. Thank you for the offer and the tons and I mean tons of messages from multiple players on the team. But in the end after that trade Davos made it made it hard to leave Davos. So yes I am staying in Davos for another season with a PO on season 2 but we all know I won't pick it up. If we fail in Davos this season I will not waste another season there. I also have the GM's word if things go south this season he will trade me. This is all. The hockey world can lose their minds now.

Mic drop

Despite all the theatrics I don't quite understand, this one actually is a big deal. Davos has a very legit top line, and while I know something will probably change, Cologne's only sitting on three forwards. Ballsy move by Davos might pay off.

I should add, with the caveat I don't believe anything's set in stone until Robbie actually accepts the contract.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

Davos losses tfong, but wins Robbie.

Just based on where their players are in development, and the fact that fong is staying at least for 2 seasons here... I think I know who still as the upperhand :col: 

Oh well. Best of luck Robbie. It was fun trying to snag you over here. Thanks for making FA interesting! 

So after mauling it over I think I came up with a better reason as to why I picked staying in Davos

The "voting" kinda broke down like this

voting.JPG

Cologne came very close to getting me they just scored .5 on the last one. If they got the 6 and it was the tie they would have won a tie breaker. I really wanted to join Cologne. They got a great group of guys over there that I get along with or at least lately tolerate. I enjoyed the back and forth between me and players on Cologne during the whole process. Until that trade Davos made that trade they weren't even a thought in my head. But once I saw it, I thought hmmmm... because that top line we will make there will be killer. As it was stated above. It will be Davos Offense and goaltending against Cologne D. SWC3 is a offensive player and I wanted him to play on a more offensive team and that is what it really came down to. Hope everyone enjoyed the FA antics. I know I did

12 minutes ago, gregreg said:

Hey people sometimes make dumb mistakes and robbie makes them all the time. No shocker here 

Really had say that? my decision was not personal at all. Hell I was willing to play with Kendrick. He wasn't even a factor in my decision. It came down to I have been in Davos through a rebuild. They now have a team to take a shot at it with. I just wanted to be the one hoisting that cup for them in the end if it happens. I was C for the last 2 seasons and will be for the upcoming season. It would be the ultimate payoff for the 2 shitty ending seasons. That is why I am staying in Davos and not joining the amazing and stacked Cologne. Nothing personal at all. I loved your pitch and how players on your team tried to get me to come. It was a real sense of team work. I liked that. And no that is not sarcasim