Claimed:Fong Joins Cologne in Free Agency [Reviewed]

Baozi

8664464.jpg

Fong Heads to Cologne

www.TheHockeyNews.com

Last week we saw the signing of Biggu Kyanon to the Cologne Express in a 2 year deal to solidify the defensive core heading into Season 50 of the VHL. Today the team held a press conference for the signing to speak with the press and to answer any of the questions they had for him.

Kyanon:

Thank you all for coming out to greet me, I’m very excited to join Cologne here. They were in need of another defenseman to provide offense on the blue line and help move the puck and those are things I believe I can bring to the team. I’m going to a team that recently made the VHL finals so I’m hoping to help them take that extra step towards a championship.

“What was your thought process in deciding to sign with Cologne?”

It was a complicated decision to be honest. I had many good offers from different teams. There were offers from teams considered favorites for the championship this year and some from some young teams on the rise. It basically gave me a multitude of different opportunities depending on what I wanted to do. In the end I think the draw of playing with Phil. We’ve always talked about playing together and there was a good chance for me to do it with the Express so that was a major factor. Cologne is a rising young team, they have some of the best talent on their squad and having guys like Kohler there will be great. I think the team is very balanced and we’ll be having some fun winning games for sure.

“Did you think of re-signing with Davos?”

I did, and I think that was definitely an option for me to re-sign there that I thought about for awhile. It’s a place with a lot of history and it’s a great hockey club to be at and the GM is bold enough to make moves to win games. Definitely was up there on the decisions I had to wrestle with.

“Do you see yourself quarterbacking the power play?”

To be honest I hope so, but when you’re on the same team as one of the best defensemen in the league, you gotta expect that power play time will be at a premium. It is my skillset though so I’m hoping to get as much time in there as possible, but Phil is the best dman in the league so it’ll be fun competing with him for this.

erik-karlsson-nhl-minnesota-wild-ottawa-

“How did you handle the transition from Seattle to Davos?”

Wasn’t too rough honestly. Seattle had a core of dman that could all be the #1 and so we balanced out the time and matchups quite a bit. When I went to Davos the setup was more reliant on me so I did get a chance to put up a few more points. Both teams were solid though so there was support throughout the lineup. It was just unfortunate how our season was turning out in Seattle so I don’t begrudge them for moving us out.

“Just to conclude before you end the session, did you ever think you would be a member of the Express?”

Yes, and now it has become a reality. I want to thank everyone for coming out here and meeting with me. I’m excited for the season to start and look forward to seeing you all cheer for the Express in the playoffs. Thanks!

Edited by tfong

• FacePuncher changed the title to Claimed:Fong Joins Cologne in Free Agency [Reviewed]
  • DollarAndADream locked this topic