Player on Thoughts Second

Daniel

I was very lucky to be given the opportunity to create a second player in the VHL as one of the 10 lottery winners a few nights ago, and as with everyone else who was chosen, my thoughts have turned towards what avenues I'm going to explore with this player. Here's what I've decided

1. He's going to be a defenseman. So far in sim leagues I've made two good forwards and one promising goalie so it's inevitable I want to try and see what I could build on the blueline.

2. He'll be a he. I think it's refreshing to see some more female players but for this opportunity I'm going with a dude.

3. He'll probably be Russian. It'll be tricky for me to be able to get my second player over to Helsinki, so I'll settle for him and Dadonov being teammates in future world cups instead.

4. I'm leaning towards pure shutdown style. I want to try and move away from focusing on a player who's just going to be about production and instead go for something really different where I can just make a big dude who likes laying people out. 

So there you go, my scatterbrain and brief thoughts on where I'll be going with my second player. Obviously there's still a few weeks before I can actually go ahead and make him so some of this may change between now and then but as it stands this is where my head is at!

Just now, Phil said:

500? That's generous ;) 

It's about accurate. We remember him as worse than he was, because time tends to exaggerate things. He actually wasn't that terrible, just nowhere near as good as he should have been

Just now, diamond_ace said:

It's about accurate. We remember him as worse than he was, because time tends to exaggerate things. He actually wasn't that terrible, just nowhere near as good as he should have been

It's soo true. We had such great expectations for him that even if he had a decent season, by all intents and purposes, it should have been a phenomenal one.