S37 VHL Entry Draft Discussion

• Head Moderator

Still have no respect for him. Lindros type move in an environment such as professional sports is totally fucked.

In regards to your question, yes several people have. Martucci most recently, but pretty sure Fong did that as well as InstantRockstar and a couple others.

Huh since when? I've never pulled a Lindros.

Terence Fong - Drafted by Avangard, signed there.

Fujiwara - Drafted by Vasteras, signed there.

Kanou - Drafted by Davos, signed there.

Qin - Drafted by Davos, signed there.

Edited by tfong

Huh since when? I've never pulled a Lindros.

Terence Fong - Drafted by Avangard, signed there.

Fujiwara - Drafted by Vasteras, signed there.

Kanou - Drafted by Davos, signed there.

Qin - Drafted by Davos, signed there.

Glad you read the whole thread..

• Head Moderator

Glad you read the whole thread..

What did I miss something? The only other thing Devil was asking about was if there was pay differences between 1st picks and the last picks. Then he asked if anyone pulled a Eli Manning ever, which you quoted a Lindros type movement which I inquired about since I shouldn't have been related to that comment.

What did I miss something? The only other thing Devil was asking about was if there was pay differences between 1st picks and the last picks. Then he asked if anyone pulled a Eli Manning ever, which you quoted a Lindros type movement which I inquired about since I shouldn't have been related to that comment.

I should mention those guys didn't refuse to sign, they just made it known they didn't want to be drafted by a certain team.

• Head Moderator

I'm pretty sure I never once said that I wouldn't want to be drafted by team X, though I think I made a fan 590 that said I'd like to goto a team that is already a contender. Obviously it didn't affect my decision to sign with NY anyways.

It just seems extremely not me to do something like that, unless someone took it out of context I guess. All the teams that PMed me pre-draft I told I don't have issues with any of them and I'd gladly sign.

Edited by tfong

Coach's Players

Cam Fowler - 9th overall, first ballot HOF

Jarvis Baldwin - 1st overall, first ballot HOF

Lennox Moher - 1st overall, _______ TBD (SUCKS LIKE LUONGO)

When does a brotha get the builder nod?

Over a long period. You'll notice most of them also have been GM's as well. Builder doesn't just relate to playing building

Over a long period. You'll notice most of them also have been GM's as well. Builder doesn't just relate to playing building

Which begs the question... is that a stupid bias? I've contributed in numerous other ways, just not as a VHL GM. Was a VHLM GM for 10+ seasons, produced a lot of material we still use in the recruiting efforts (welcome message, the VHL ad message you & others have used).  Not saying I deserve it yet, just trying to gauge what is part of the acumen most builders need to get into the HOF.

Which begs the question... is that a stupid bias? I've contributed in numerous other ways, just not as a VHL GM. Was a VHLM GM for 10+ seasons, produced a lot of material we still use in the recruiting efforts (welcome message, the VHL ad message you & others have used).  Not saying I deserve it yet, just trying to gauge what is part of the acumen most builders need to get into the HOF.

There's no set criteria for it. I wasn't saying just being a VHL GM does it. The following get taken into consideration:

VHL GM

VHLM GM

VHL Commish

VHLM Commish

Recruiting Area

Rules and Idea Material

BOG

Various League Tasks

Longevity on the Forum

Activity

etc...

I wasn't saying just the VHL GM. Keep in mind there are tons of people not in as a Builder because of the time they've been with the league. EX. Nick Barr did some good things (I hated the guy and he was an asshole) but he also was only part of it for around 6 seasons as an active player.

There's no set criteria for it. I wasn't saying just being a VHL GM does it. The following get taken into consideration:

VHL GM

VHLM GM

VHL Commish

VHLM Commish

Recruiting Area

Rules and Idea Material

BOG

Various League Tasks

Longevity on the Forum

Activity

etc...

Ill get this one day... I hope

VHL GM

VHLM GM

VHL Commish

VHLM Commish

Recruiting Area

Rules and Idea Material

BOG

Various League Tasks

Longevity on the Forum

Activity

etc... 

I can only hope to recieve all of those opportunities!

I'll be surprised if I get taken by Cologne. Chekov still has a few more years in him.

Yes but if a team was to compete, having another goaltender come along right after would allow them to stay competitive for many years, even after the retiring of Chekhov

• Admin

Is a 30 person draft class large or small compared to previous seasons?

We've had less a few times. 30 is the minimum needed for 3 rounds and we've had 3 rounds for I'd say at least 80% of the drafts (the other 20% were 4 or more in the very early days).

Salo and Olynick will battle it out to be the first goaltender drafted it seems. Blaine has the easy head start, but after finishing my biography and rookie profile, I hope to make it a far closer decision for GM's. I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

Salo and Olynick will battle it out to be the first goaltender drafted it seems. Blaine has the easy head start, but after finishing my biography and rookie profile, I hope to make it a far closer decision for GM's. I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

Either way, the two GMs that get you guys won't be disappointed.