S37 VHL Entry Draft Discussion

I will still be speculating!

... but seriously, wouldn't I be entered into the VHLM draft first?

You missed this years yes. However, you will be in the VHL Draft this upcoming off-season and then most likely your rights will be drafted by a VHLM team in the VHLM Dispersal draft before the start of S37. It works perfectly for you!

You missed this years yes. However, you will be in the VHL Draft this upcoming off-season and then most likely your rights will be drafted by a VHLM team in the VHLM Dispersal draft before the start of S37. It works perfectly for you!

Oh wow. I didn't realize they happened at the same time.

LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN

Edited by MapFreak

Contracts are given by GMs though like Jim said we have a contract minimum based on your TPE.  The more TPE you have the more guaranteed money you get but a GM can go above the minimum or give a bonus for more than your contract if they have extra money.  Basically if you are playing on a team trying to win you get the minimum so they can afford more players.  If you are on a rebuilding team they will likely give you more money since they can afford it.

Kendrick's Players:

Kendrick - Undrafted (Seattle - GM)

Schwarz - 3rd Overall (Stockholm)

Kelly - 1st Overall (Toronto)

Kjeldsen - Undrafted (Helsinki - GM)

Braun - 2nd Overall (Seattle)

Taylor - 2nd Overall (Cologne - GM)

…all busts

Kendrick's Players:

Kendrick - Undrafted (Seattle - GM)

Schwarz - 3rd Overall (Stockholm)

Kelly - 1st Overall (Toronto)

Kjeldsen - Undrafted (Helsinki - GM)

Braun - 2nd Overall (Seattle)

Taylor - 2nd Overall (Cologne - GM)

…all busts

Busts? Wait until I post mine

Has anyone pulled an Eli Manning or something? Where they refuse to sign with the team that drafts them?

Still have no respect for him. Lindros type move in an environment such as professional sports is totally fucked.

In regards to your question, yes several people have. Martucci most recently, but pretty sure Fong did that as well as InstantRockstar and a couple others.

Still have no respect for him. Lindros type move in an environment such as professional sports is totally fucked.

In regards to your question, yes several people have. Martucci most recently, but pretty sure Fong did that as well as InstantRockstar and a couple others.

Ya i have no respect for players that do that… hmm okay.. I've hrd teams that trade their draftee as soon as they draft them in this league, so I was wondering if players had hold-outs

Ya i have no respect for players that do that… hmm okay.. I've hrd teams that trade their draftee as soon as they draft them in this league, so I was wondering if players had hold-outs

Not direct hold-outs. I should mention those guys didn't refuse to sign, they just made it known they didn't want to be drafted by a certain team. In that case I'm in there too as I did not want to go to Riga, but traded there eventually.

Hold-outs don't exist here cause if you choose to holdout you basically take a season off from the sim and can't update either.