Claimed:Worst 10 VHLM teams in 33 seasons. [Reviewed]

hedgehog337

This article isn't for an additional 3 TPE, because I have nothing to say on ASG event. Instead, I will try to make an interesting article about VHLM. (hashtag, Make VHLM Great Again) 

Картинки по запросу crying hockey player

In last off-season I was named a GM of Bratislava GM and you can see how hard it is for me to collect some points. (actually not, I'm not even trying) The team struggled for whole season and currently sits at last place with less than 20 points in the bank. That thing is horrifying, but is it a worst performance in VHLM history? Unfortunately, I can't find out an answer, because the first 17 season indexes are gone (if someone has these seasons, PM me and I'll redo this list), so my list consists of S18-50 seasons. I guess you already realized what it is and I have no reasons to drag it out. hedgehog337presents: 10 worst performances in VHLM league in 33 seasons. 

:brt:10. Bratislava Watchmen, S38: 15 points:brt:

''Honorable'' mention goes to Oslo Storm, who had 15 points as well in S43, but they were better in GF/GA stats, so Oslo is 11th...So S50 isn't the only season when Watchmen had a hell of a disaster season. This team is master of ''from 0 to 100 and from 100 to 0'' thing and I'm not lying.

Before: S36, the season where they were pretty dominant with only 6 loses (1 in OT) and only Bern had more than 100 points. But even Swiss team couldn't take even 1 game from Bratislava and everybody thought it's going to be an easy walk in finals against Yukon. But suddenly Yukon were able to create a relevant finals and even though they fell short in 6 games, this was a decent underdog run. And Watchmen won a Founders Cup. After that, the main superstars went to VHL league and Bratislava wasn't the same. They produced a decent regular season, but got swept by Turku Outlaws in conference QF's. 

After: another rebuilding year in S39 and then two-peat in S40-41. A win over Saskatoon in S40 (4-2) and over Yukon in S41 (4-1) made this team a first expansion team to make a two-peat. Oh, and a sweet fact for Latvians: the first Latvian in VHLM ever Raphael Pettyfer was the part of that two-peat. 

:vas:9. Vasteras Iron Eagles (junior) , S25; 13 points :vas:

We will have three more 13-point season, this version of Vasteras was a little bit better than the next 3 teams of GF/GA stats. 

Before: Finals in S23, where they played against Ottawa Ice Dogs team (I'm seeing some familiar names, like Molholt and Higgins playing for the OTT). Vasteras put a hell of a fight in first three games with a win in first game and maybe the most dramatic playoff game in VHLM history (game 3), where Higgins scored a GWG in 5th(!!!) OT. After that emotional loss, Eagles were done: they choked in two last games and fell short in 5 games. In S24 they were fighting with Kolari Panthers for the final spot in European conference, but finished the regular season with 8 points behind them. 

After: Devastating regular season in S26 with 130 points in their pockets and 4-1 semi-final series against Bern. In finals, they met the Brampton Blades team, which had good season too. That was another good battle from Vasteras, but even though they came back from 2 game deficit, Brampton squad took Game 7 and a cup from Vasteras. S27 saw another good performance from Iron Eagles. Blades went to rebuild, but they had another threat that came from Saskatoon. After Vasteras outmatched Bern in 4 games, they met Sasky and this time Sweden-based team was more lucky. 4-1 in series, and a Founders Cup. 

:ssk: 8. Saskatoon Wild, S42; 13 points.

Talking about Saskatoon...This team had a moments of shame as well. Was it a worst season of Sasky's history? Maybe it is. 

Before: It's hard to imagine, but they missed playoffs only two times between S35 and S48 (in S37 and 42). But don't be very surprised - until S39 Sasky was mediocre, without any hopes for the cup. In next 3 seasons they were a consistent threat, but failed to bring a cup to Canada, even though Wild was in finals in S40 (lost to Bratislava in 6 games). Oh, and how about 3-1 curse against Ottawa in S39, that was bad. Sad lyf, but that not the only series, where Sask blew up the big lead...

After: Another nice playoff run and S44, when Saksy finally reached their gold against Oslo in 5 games. S45 saw one of the most unexpected series in VHLM history - Saskatoon was ahead 3-0 against Brampton in conference finals, but then dropped 4 next games to complete a disaster. S46-47 was a rebuilding year for the Wild, but with a playoff appearance in each and then relevant year in S48, where they tried to send Ottawa to home, but fell short in 5 games. 

:brt:7. Bratislava Watchmen, S50: 13 points:brt:

Aw yeah, that's a failed debut for that lol GM hedgehog337. Can't wait for the S51. 

Before: Banackock's rampage in S47 and S48, where he gave all his draft picks to secure a two-peat against Ottawa (both times) and making Bratislava the first team in VHLM history with two two-peats. ''Fuck draft picks, let's get a cup'' strategy works, if you're Banackock, nuff said. After that Watchmen were destined to rebuild year, but something went wrong...I'm lying about something. Bratislava had a chance to get S50 draft picks, but Jaladoar went inactive and nothing happened. No chances in playoffs and no draft picks. Typical fucked up season and a hard start for me. 

After: I'll have 6 draft picks in the upcoming draft and the first priority in designated contract section. I'm definitely hoping for making Bratislava great again and I'm already waiting Saskatoon in finals. @ADwyer87

:vas:6. Vasteras Iron Eagles (junior) , S28; 13 points :vas:

Again Vasteras and again 13 points. Vasteras is Vasteras, so unlucky and that number 13 tho...

Before: check the 9th place owner (after S25). 

After: Rebuild years in S29 and 30 and then a good playoff run S31-36. And sad at the same time as they finished that run with 0 cups in their pockets. Although they had a chance to chase a cup in S31 against Yukon, the result said the different story. 4-0 sweep in favor of Rush and that was the last appearance in finals for Vasteras. Season 36 probably was the saddest year of the Vasteras junior team history - it was revealed that commishes decided to cut the junior team off and relocate that team to Moscow, so the fans hoped for the last miracle. Players tried hard, but fell off short to Bern in 7 games in conference semi's and after that VHLM said good bye to Sweden juniors. 

The rest 5 sucka teams will come in Monday. Stay tuned. ^_^