2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

No, I watched you guys attempt to push around my team in a loss and then I watched you guys try the same thing and get buried tonight. Canucks were nothing like this in 2011 or 2012 when they were my favorite to win the cup, maybe they'll surprise in the playoffs but I doubt it because they are getting their asses handed to them by the California teams. Some are claiming the fact that they fought back against the Kings the other night was a "moral victory". 

The whole "moral victory" thing went out the window the second Dustin Brown, the guy with the big ass target on his back, scored the game winning goal.

we are talking about this same canucks team who are trying to be a team they arent without their number one goalie in Roberto Luongo right?

For the most part, goals against have not been the problem.

For the most part, goals against have not been the problem.

that may be, but maybe they're trying to be this team that tries to push people around because they know they don't have their number 1 goalie? They don't have that wall they could rely on when they aren't producing the goals. By the way Sandro who would you rather have Christian Ehrhoff or Jason Garrison? 

that may be, but maybe they're trying to be this team that tries to push people around because they know they don't have their number 1 goalie? They don't have that wall they could rely on when they aren't producing the goals. By the way Sandro who would you rather have Christian Ehrhoff or Jason Garrison? 

I think most would rather have Garrison, but that's so they can have money left over haha.

Also, if anyone watched Devorski, they would see what's wrong with the NHL in all games.

Luongo hasn't been able to get them many of those 1-0 wins because the team is falling apart defensively. It don't think it's gonna matter who is in net the way they're playing.

When he's playing the way he can, Garrison. As I understand, Ehrhoff's production has totally fallen off a cliff in Buffalo. The Sedins miss him, but not as much as he misses the Sedins.

And Kendrick, let's not even go there. Devorski is a fucking moron and if the NHL has any sense, he won't be involved in any Canucks games for a long time.

Edited by Sandro

Yeah the Canucks were going to lose that game 9-1 anyways, that was a horrible effort. Love how Kyle says "you guys", shows he doesn't pay attention. But regardless, that officiating with 8 minutes to go was questionable. Not because they didn't deserve penalties but because of the length and types he handed out to both teams.

My fantasy team really liked the game last night. But wow rough game. What was with that 7 minute powerplay lol.

Honestly I think Devorski just found out about the rule and decided to call it a bunch. Two of Sestito's last three fights are now against nobody... And then he just seems to have it out for Kassian. Three misconducts, a tripping call, and an invisible high sticking call in two games? -_-

The Canucks were gonna lose either way, but Devorski's shitty officiating sure as hell didn't help.

didn't he only sign a 40 million dollar contract? thats only a cap hit of 4 million no? 

Hahaha yes but he also was handed a cap bonus. So yeah in terms of the cap he gets 4 Million but they gave him 13 million in the first two years. He went there for the money obviously. Better question, If you were Ehrhoff, would you rather be in Buffalo or Vancouver?

Maybe this will sound selfish but I'd rather lose 9-1 and get outplayed since at the very least I'd know my team played bad an deserved to lose. Nowhere to go but up. I'm getting so frustrated with the Caps, they absolutely out worked the hell out of the Pens last night and played a far better 60 minute hockey game, but as has been the case for them the last while...they always find a way to just lose. They make the most obvious and boneheaded mistakes that lead to goals against on the one shift or shot a team will get in their zone in 10 minutes of play. 

A lot easier to stomach a huge defeat imo, because then you can just give up on the game at a certain point. 

Maybe this will sound selfish but I'd rather lose 9-1 and get outplayed since at the very least I'd know my team played bad an deserved to lose. Nowhere to go but up. I'm getting so frustrated with the Caps, they absolutely out worked the hell out of the Pens last night and played a far better 60 minute hockey game, but as has been the case for them the last while...they always find a way to just lose. They make the most obvious and boneheaded mistakes that lead to goals against on the one shift or shot a team will get in their zone in 10 minutes of play. 

A lot easier to stomach a huge defeat imo, because then you can just give up on the game at a certain point. 

How has Erat been? Havent been able to watch him since he left the preds. 

Yeah the Canucks were going to lose that game 9-1 anyways, that was a horrible effort. Love how Kyle says "you guys", shows he doesn't pay attention. But regardless, that officiating with 8 minutes to go was questionable. Not because they didn't deserve penalties but because of the length and types he handed out to both teams.

Don't pay attention to the fact that you're a Devils fan? Yeah I know, you talk more and seem to care more about the Canucks anyways. As for the fact that you were just a total douche in your reply, I'll ignore it.

Edited by Kyle

Don't pay attention to the fact that you're a Devils fan? Yeah I know, you talk more and seem to care more about the Canucks anyways. As for the fact that you were just a total douche in your reply, I'll ignore it.

Much like your previous posts to Nucks fan.

How has Erat been? Havent been able to watch him since he left the preds. 

He works hard, but he hasn't really had the bounces. I think he has one goal all season long. He's requested a trade and has been a healthy scratch for several games this season. As per usual he wants to be a top six player but we actually have a lot of forwards on our roster. He had a few games with Ovie/Nicky but also had some games with the fourth line. I don't think he's played his native position all season. At this point just hoping we can trade him and one of our 3 goalies to get some defensive help. 

Why the Caps give up Forsberg for him is beyond me.

Because for my perspective from what I've seen of him he doesn't look to be NHL ready for at least 2 more years. Even then I have no faith in him ever being NHL ready. To me he comes off as a player who can do wonders in the lesser levels but has no room to be creative, or create in the NHL. I watched several Nashville games when he was called up and was not impressed by a thing. In the World Jr's this year he was great, specifically around the net and making chaos happen but he was out muscled and overwhelmed in the NHL. 

While I hate our GM right now regardless, we still need to compete now and Forsberg isn't an answer in that regard. If Erat was able to perform like the player he was in Nashville, a 50 point guy...on top of Latta who I love as a fourth liner I'd been fine with the trade. Now it all hinges on what we get if/when we trade Erat. 

So do nucks fans like Torts or would they prefer having AV back?

I prefer Torts. When the team was rolling they weren't even playing that different, in fact it was more like the way they played in 2010-11. Vigneault had forced an extremely defensive system upon the team that many referred to as the "defend the 0-0 tie" strategy. It wasn't that far-fetched either. Torts is also much better to listen to in the media, Vigneault would just chew on his gum, talk about how everything is a process, and then laugh about something. Torts doesn't BS and he's kept his cool off the ice.

The issue with the team (I believe) is with the personnel and with Mike Gillis. He's made a lot of solid moves via FA and waivers, but he is terrible at making trades to address the team's needs. The longer this mess continues the more I start to believe the team just overachieved in the first 35-40 games of the season, they've been in a downward trend since November. They couldn't win at all in Nov. but were playing really well, and in December their play tailed off a bit but they were finding ways to win. Now they're playing like shit and are losing games big time.