2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

To all Canucks fan on here. I'm terribly sorry that you have now Y.Weber AND R.Diaz ^^

Is Diaz that bad? We need defenseman and Weise... well, he's terrible. He's been bitching about being a healthy scratch for a while, despite his terrible play.

Edited by Sandro

He's a d-man and he can play, that's all that matters right now. Have fun with "Dutch Gretzky", the fourth line forward that thinks he's way better than he actually is.

Remember when you stuck up for him when he had his 5 game point streak and I told you he was useless? Guy is not a good player by any means.

i never minded Dale Weise, he may not have been the greatest but he tried you know :P

Tried but failed. His claim to fame is his speed and that he played amazing in a Dutch league. His fighting skills are horrible (he gets murdered in fights) and he has no control when skating.

Remember when you stuck up for him when he had his 5 game point streak and I told you he was useless? Guy is not a good player by any means.

He was legitimately playing well on that streak of games. He did it a few times. But after that he regressed big time and he started bitching and moaning in the media about being benched. Gillis turned a waiver wire pick up into a useful d-man that can play 18 minutes a night. Best trade he's made in a while.

He was legitimately playing well on that streak of games. He did it a few times. But after that he regressed big time and he started bitching and moaning in the media about being benched. Gillis turned a waiver wire pick up into a useful d-man that can play 18 minutes a night. Best trade he's made in a while.

And then he turned to shit like I said he was all along, but you had hope and live in the moment it seems. Don't get your hopes up with Diaz either, cause from what I've heard 18 minutes is too taxing for him and he starts to play like shit with high minutes. You're already saying it's a good trade, yet we haven't seen what he provides. At least gives things time to settle in the water before calling it a great catch. It's the same thing with Weise, telling me I'm an idiot for doubting him and now saying he is garbage.

And then he turned to shit like I said he was all along, but you had hope and live in the moment it seems. Don't get your hopes up with Diaz either, cause from what I've heard 18 minutes is too taxing for him and he starts to play like shit with high minutes. You're already saying it's a good trade, yet we haven't seen what he provides. At least gives things time to settle in the water before calling it a great catch. It's the same thing with Weise, telling me I'm an idiot for doubting him and now saying he is garbage.

I'm just going off what other people are saying, but I never said it was a "great catch". From what I've heard, Diaz is a decent third pairing guy, 18 minutes would probably be the high end for him. What this looks like is Gillis buying low and selling high, the Canucks were never going to re-sign Weise so getting a guy that can play and fill a need right now is a good deal regardless.

I'm just going off what other people are saying, but I never said it was a "great catch". From what I've heard, Diaz is a decent third pairing guy, 18 minutes would probably be the high end for him. What this looks like is Gillis buying low and selling high, the Canucks were never going to re-sign Weise so getting a guy that can play and fill a need right now is a good deal regardless.

Both are UFA's. Diaz' contract is higher basically meaning if Gillis was to go out and get someone at the deadline, he has less room to work with.

Both are UFA's. Diaz' contract is higher basically meaning if Gillis was to go out and get someone at the deadline, he has less room to work with.

I thought Weise was a pending RFA, but there was no way the Canucks were bringing him back so it doesn't matter. I have no idea if Diaz will stick, this is trading a guy they didn't want anymore for someone that fills a need right now with Tanev, Bieksa, and Weber all injured. Gillis isn't going to make a deal for a rental this season. It seems like they're finally ready to start pulling this core group apart since it's abundantly clear its time for an actual reset beyond a new coaching staff. The only "major" deals I'd see happening before the deadline would be an Edler+ for O'Reilly or Booth for a bag of pucks, and I'd put both of those under "unlikely".

Edited by Sandro

I thought Weise was a pending RFA, but there was no way the Canucks were bringing him back so it doesn't matter. I have no idea if Diaz will stick, this is trading a guy they didn't want anymore for someone that fills a need right now with Tanev, Bieksa, and Weber all injured. Gillis isn't going to make a deal for a rental this season. It seems like they're finally ready to start pulling this core group apart since it's abundantly clear its time for an actual reset beyond a new coaching staff. The only "major" deals I'd see happening before the deadline would be an Edler+ for O'Reilly or Booth for a bag of pucks, and I'd put both of those under "unlikely".

If I was you I wouldn't want O'Reilly. From what I've seen he kinda is full of himself, but that's just personal opinion. I don't think they will gut this team cause Mike Gillis is never going to admit he is an idiot and built it slightly wrong. If they gut it, he has lost his job.

If I was you I wouldn't want O'Reilly. From what I've seen he kinda is full of himself, but that's just personal opinion. I don't think they will gut this team cause Mike Gillis is never going to admit he is an idiot and built it slightly wrong. If they gut it, he has lost his job.

I doubt they'll completely gut it, but I think some major pieces are going to be on the move in the next 12 months. Time for the young guys to step in. Lack, Tanev, Stanton, Kassian are the first wave of that. I guess Schroeder and Dalpe can be considered a part of that as well. I think Horvat, Archibald, and Corrado will be the next group to make the jump.

Diaz is pretty much like Yannick Weber.

His shot is worst , but he's a little bit better defensively.

Yannick Weber has done all we've asked him for here though. He's ok on the PP, and is good enough defensively. For his role he's hasn't been that bad for us.

We pretty much traded for Wiese if he were a defenseman so really no gain or lose for this trade. Wiese is probably the most inconsistent 4th liner the Canucks have ever had, so have fun with that MTL.

Byron Ritchie says Hi.