2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

You should find a new forum if you want to hear only from Isles fans Seth. :P I think there is more Panthers fans here even. 

Yeah but that number grew at around 4 PM EST yesterday so thats not fair.

The worst part of that line brawl was when Simmons grabbed Erskine from behind and Vinny KO'd him

fixed

and idk I feel pretty bad for Nucks fans right now.  At least you have 4 stanley cups to look back on, sure, the last one was in '83 but at least you HAVE them.  What about the teams who don't have that and are watching their team crash and burn to the ground? 

fixed

and idk I feel pretty bad for Nucks fans right now.  At least you have 4 stanley cups to look back on, sure, the last one was in '83 but at least you HAVE them.  What about the teams who don't have that and are watching their team crash and burn to the ground? 

Uhhhh what?

fixed

Canucks have 0 cups 

After this St.Louis thing, I'm even more grateful the way Lu handled it. Didn't cry, didn't bitch, just cracked jokes, remained truthful and continued to do business like a true professional. I don't have many idols if any, but Lou is the type of person you'd want your kids to looks up to. Happy I could call him a canuck.

After this St.Louis thing, I'm even more grateful the way Lu handled it. Didn't cry, didn't bitch, just cracked jokes, remained truthful and continued to do business like a true professional. I don't have many idols if any, but Lou is the type of person you'd want your kids to looks up to. Happy I could call him a canuck.

My kids will look up to Mike Ricci and only Mike Ricci.

Except it's 100% not what you said.

yes, yes it is why don't you re-read it with context to the posts just before it where seth is saying no fans but the Islanders fans can be mad

Never want to hear about any NHL fans problems unless they are a fellow Isles fan.

Point makes no sense, no fan of any CURRENT NHL team suffers more than us. Stifle with your successful big market team!

fixed

there you go, my post is obviously responding to seth your point is so invalid

Meg, go re-read your post. You quoted Smarch and there are three posts between Seth's last post and yours. The context is not there. Please shut up and quit acting like the rest of us can't read.

You still didn't quote the Seth post in your original and it wasn't exactly easy to draw a direct connection between your post and his. You started off with Nucks fans something Seth didn't at all speak about and never really clarified that it was Seth you were responding to. Considering all the other Nucks talks going on, it was easy to make that mistake.

While you did clarify and one can see what you were trying to say, simply indicating that you were talking to Seth in your original post would of avoided an entire page and half of this nonsense. 

• Admin

this is how I feel as a sens fan this year

tumblr_inline_mz7e4gN3bi1r6ky92.jpg

yay a Sens fan! There is still hope...

He didn't not try between the roster announcement and the trade. He had some of his best games of the season in that time frame in fact.

I don't understand why asking to be traded somehow makes a player less classy. Marty spent a long time with the Bolts, played great for them, won a Cup for them, was a LR leader. So he was unhappy recently and wanted out? That is within his right. A dick move would be to not tell your GM your unhappy and then just test free agency and go away for free. Look at the value he got his team. Tampa has a chance to sign Callahan, and get two firsts out of it. 

Also you'd be surprised the amount of players in the NHL even star power ones that ask to get traded but don't go public with it. 

I don't understand why asking to be traded somehow makes a player less classy. Marty spent a long time with the Bolts, played great for them, won a Cup for them, was a LR leader. So he was unhappy recently and wanted out? That is within his right. A dick move would be to not tell your GM your unhappy and then just test free agency and go away for free. Look at the value he got his team. Tampa has a chance to sign Callahan, and get two firsts out of it. 

Also you'd be surprised the amount of players in the NHL even star power ones that ask to get traded but don't go public with it. 

I will forever disagree with you on this

I truly honestly believe that Ted Nolan deserves Coach of the Year. Once he took over it didn't matter what personnel Buffalo has had that team plays hard honest hockey. Perceived now to be a bottom dweller team and they keep beating teams that are trying to contend. 4-1 since the Olympic break, traded so many of their pieces and they still play good. He did the same thing with Latvia in the Olympics almost upsetting Canada, that man just understands how to get the most out of any group of players regardless of skill levels.