2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

did anyone like the Torts hiring originally?  

Not me. Then he did his presser and I warmed up to it a bit, I liked him throughout the first half of the season but now we're seeing the worst case scenario that many predicted prior to the season so... Get him the fuck outta here.

He also hasn't be fired so "It Ends tonight" is a little premature Sandro.

Well the season ends tonight. Probably the last game he coaches here as well. So technically, it still sort of ends. :P

Well the season ends tonight. Probably the last game he coaches here as well. So technically, it still sort of ends. :P

Sort of yes with the season, but from listening to Linden it didn't sound like he was so sure on removing him.

How stupid does one human being have to be to make that hit? Byron has the intelligence of fucking budgie.

But Sedin turned his back. Byron barely nudged him :'3

Hope Sedin is okay, at least they have a spare! JUST KIDDING THAT'S AWFUL, really do hope he is okay. 

On the bright side, the Canucks will finish the season with a win for the first time since 2006.

i3PubRqB7xEYP.gif

Also finishing above .500 and having the 6th overall pick aint a bad thing.

He was struggling in a major way to follow the puck and the play, and constantly over commits getting himself out of position. It was honestly painful watching him, it's not like he's aware of where the puck is and he's just getting beat. Half the time he hasn't got a clue where it is and leaves the net wide open, this game could have been 9-2 if it wasn't for the defense -- as shitty as they were -- clearing the puck or tying up their man. The kid needs serious work if he wants to be just a backup in the NHL.

i never watched the game but this was 1 game. he sat for the better part of months, 18 games straight was it not? thats a lot of action missed. as they won tonight with him in net was he any better not that he got the feel for the game today?

i never watched the game but this was 1 game. he sat for the better part of months, 18 games straight was it not? thats a lot of action missed. as they won tonight with him in net was he any better not that he got the feel for the game today?

He looked more comfortable in net today, yeah. He still needs a lot of work.

But Sedin turned his back. Byron barely nudged him :'3

Hope Sedin is okay, at least they have a spare! JUST KIDDING THAT'S AWFUL, really do hope he is okay.

His back was turned from the beginning of the play. Bryon had a good 2 seconds riding his back and ended up two handing him with his stick in the air not even in the pay. Im sure he wasn't trying to injure him but like come on man, the guys back is to you what do you achieve by pushing like that.

36-35-11 isn't really .500 tbh. 10 more losses than wins.

I don't counter extra time cause the NHL is a joke with the way they decide games.

He looked more comfortable in net today, yeah. He still needs a lot of work.

that will come with playing time, you cant just practice your ass off and expect to be good in game because thats different, but i do see where youre coming from, i just think you were harsh to critize him after 1 game thats all 

Torts on what happened to a successful group, "I felt from day one its stale"... "we need to stop talking about 2011"

Holy shit, Torts is the only one in the damn organization that gets it.

EDIT: Well Torts' pressers are always good. What's weird is how half the shit he says contradicts the stuff he actually does, it's infuriating.

Edited by Sandro

I think it's a major loss if you actually at how ridiculously young this team is, any veteran presence will help in the playoffs and he has been to a stanley cup final

Naw, Malone's a plug. Overpaid bum who I'd be extremely happy if Tampa cut. He was just clogging up the first line taking a spot away from someone who deserves it more. They've got plenty of veteran presence in Filps, Carle, Brewer, Purcell, Crombeen, Callahan. 

Lol Trotz for Washington? I think they need to go back to an offensive coach and he is like the most defensive ever.

This. I can see Trotz getting a lot of looks from teams who employ a defensive scheme. Trotz would work well in Edmonton as a developer of the younger guys, but offensively he wouldn't work.

In Washington, you can bet Ovechkin would hate that.

I think he should be in New Jersey. It's just too bad Peter is coming back. :(

• Head Moderator

But he has the reputation for bringing out the best in players and making them play a team game. You don't think that will factor into it?

I mea Ovie hated Hunter but Laich or something said they had their best playoff hockey under him.

Edited by tfong