WHY???

Higgins

4 minutes ago, The Bread Man said:

Each team has 9 opponents

72 / 9 = 8

you play each team 8 times

I think you missed the point because there was 8 teams.

Here's another conspiracy theory, whoever created the league logistics was infatuated with the number 8.

8 teams, 8 season career length... and if you dig deep you can even say they knew expansion to 10 teams would occur in the future and the schedule would equal out to 8 games against each team.

I was wondering the same thing when I was doing research into contraction. It also seemed like some teams played two teams 11 times to make up the numbers while other teams just played one team 12 times, was there anything used to decide this or was it just random? 

3 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

I was wondering the same thing when I was doing research into contraction. It also seemed like some teams played two teams 11 times to make up the numbers while other teams just played one team 12 times, was there anything used to decide this or was it just random? 

The illumin8i

14 minutes ago, Higgins said:

I think you missed the point because there was 8 teams.

Here's another conspiracy theory, whoever created the league logistics was infatuated with the number 8.

8 teams, 8 season career length... and if you dig deep you can even say they knew expansion to 10 teams would occur in the future and the schedule would equal out to 8 games against each team.

Maybe the person who made it was like "after 50 seasons Higgins is gonna be like 'wtf why is this how it is' and read too much into it"