RIG/SEA ; S52 Off-Season

Toast

To :sea: 

(S49) LW - Pietro Maximoff

To :rig: 

S54 Seattle 1st Round Pick

(S47) C - Joel Jarvi 

It pains me so to do this. @Green has been my right hand man through it all. Maximoff will be remembered in Riga history and will always have a special place in my heart. Green, I hope that we stay in touch and wish you nothing but the best in the next chapter of Maximoff's career. I know that you would've stayed here for your career but it's fair that you chase those cups instead of suffering through this.

Sorry I missed your birthday slightly!

On the other hand, I was hoping for a first round pick in return for Maximoff to get Riga on the right foot in this rebuild. We have a couple of pieces, and will add another two in the S54 Entry Draft. That should get us started and back on this cycle which may lead to more business with Seattle later on. 

Glad to finally get a deal done with you @Banackock. Solid negotiations.

And to @gregreg. I'm sure leaving Seattle isn't exactly what you had in mind for the season, but I can't wait for our mindless bonding in both Riga and Cologne now! We're going to have a grand ol' time, buddy. Slight cap boost as well is nice. 

This was one of the toughest deals I've had to make yet. In fact, It may be the hardest. Seattle was extremely happy when Greg decided to trade himself to us and it really paid off in my opinion. A cup wasn't brought our way, but we found ourselves and explosive center and honestly, an improved relationship in my eyes. Prior to his days here, I didn't see eye to eye with Greg often but have come to enjoy his presence in the LR and throughout the league. This was no a blindside move and was talked about throughout the Bears organization with Greg being informed and talked to with me. A deal would not have been made if the Seattle players or Greg were not okay with this.

@gregreg Thank you for your time in Seattle, giving us a chance and helping us in every way that you did. We greatly appreciate what you've done for the organization from the stats to racking up the points on one hell of a season.

@evrydayimbyfuglien for continuing to show his support, loyalty and that he's a great teammate by spending his hard earn VHL bucks and switching from Defense to Center for us. Just another example of why our players make Seattle such an amazing LR and organization to be a part of.

@Green Safe to say @Toast and I have had our fair share of talks about you over the last probably 2 seasons. When I heard you may be interested in Seattle, it made me very happy. Maximoff is an amazing player! We hope you continue your hot trend here and find yourself at home in our LR. :) Welcome to the team, man!

With that, thanks for the easy negotiations. See yah in future days, Riga. Accepted. 

Like @Toast said. I would have stayed in Riga my entire career. But when he messaged me about a trade and incoming rebuild I was more than willing to help him out with it. 

I'm glad our plan worked and we got you that first cup in the VHL. Its been a pleasure being captain of some fantastic team. Virtanen, Maverick, Evans, thanks for being there my entire career. Loved you all as teammates. Thanks to Robbie, Shawn and Jardy for signing with us for the championship. 

Time to move on and hope you guys will have a solid recovery. Time for a new challenge as a Bear. Lets have some fun