WWE/General ProWres Thread

Toast

Bo Dallas can absolutely end up being a solid mid-card troll with his current gimmick.  Once his heel stuff comes through it will become even more apparent.

My issue with Cena winning is he will be a fucking 15x champion...blah....

• Commissioner

Cena wins, how absolutely shocking  <_<

The amount they hand him the title really discounts the whole 15x champion thing. It used to actually mean something that the Ric Flair's and Triple H's of the WWE held the title over 10 times. Now Cena has basically made that accomplishment nothing by having it constantly handed to him. It makes any championship match with him in it downright boring because you know the outcome in advance; even more than the usual predictability of these things.

Really wish the WWE would start treating the people who deserve respect with a little and stop pandering to 6 year olds. Pretty much everyone over the age of 10 hates Cena and yet he's always the one being handed everything. This was a perfect opportunity to actually surprise people a little and have Cena lose but of course they couldn't do that.

Regardless the contract ladder match was a 9.5/10 minus the ending and was probably match of the year so far.

It was pretty good.  9.5/10 good? Man..my standards must just be really high.

The only matches in the last couple years that are even close to that kind of quality for me is Punk vs Lesnar at SS and Wyatts vs Shield at EC.

Jericho is a jobber?  :blink:

AJ is a jobber?  :blink: :blink: :blink:

Jericho jobs all the time these days.  I loved him back in WCW but why get excited about that now?

And who gives a fuck about women's wrestling...it's a joke and they book it like it's a joke.  Plus..now we get to hear CM Punk chants every time she comes out WHEN EVERYONE NEEDS TO MOVE THE FUCK ON.

I like Paige..I like AJ..they are both very talented..so is Emma and a few others in NXT..but the days where women's wrestling is taken seriously (the days of Lita, Trish, Victoria, Molly, Jazz, Ivory, etc.) are over.  Until there is a dramatic change I will not get excited about women's wrestling.

I am finally joining Devise on this bandwagon.

I swear sometimes you hate on the product for the sake of being that guy. Stop watching if literally everything upsets you.

Jericho is a legend. Even if he comes back to do these little passing the torch things, he'll never EVER be considered a jobber. Any time someone with his kind of career returns for a little run, fans tend to react well. I sure as hell do.

As for AJ, I'd argue she is one of the best things in the Divas division as of recent memory. Yes, the fans are dicks/morons. They are most of the time. Paige was getting stale and fast, at least this out of nowhere change gives us a credible divas feud. 

I swear sometimes you hate on the product for the sake of being that guy. Stop watching if literally everything upsets you.

Jericho is a legend. Even if he comes back to do these little passing the torch things, he'll never EVER be considered a jobber. Any time someone with his kind of career returns for a little run, fans tend to react well. I sure as hell do.

As for AJ, I'd argue she is one of the best things in the Divas division as of recent memory. Yes, the fans are dicks/morons. They are most of the time. Paige was getting stale and fast, at least this out of nowhere change gives us a credible divas feud. 

When did I say everything upsets me? Seriously? Maybe if you ever had an actual convo about wrestling with me you might no what I like and dislike..but you haven't so how would you know? Ask Devise how much I actually do enjoy.  With that being said, until they start improving their booking, it's not something I consistently enjoy.  I have said in this thread already that there is a lot of talent..it just isn't utilized correctly.

I love Jericho..I already explained that.  It's just hard to get super excited and let that overshadow that the product is so stale and the booking is so weak, when I know he is just there to put guys over who probably don't matter either.  Lets face it, Bray has been stale since the Cena feud started.

I agree..but is it really a legit divas feud when its 5 min matches max and no promo time? Like I said, I love their talent...I just wish it was utilized correctly.

But you know..I hate everything.

It was pretty good.  9.5/10 good? Man..my standards must just be really high.

The only matches in the last couple years that are even close to that kind of quality for me is Punk vs Lesnar at SS and Wyatts vs Shield at EC.

The amount of high risk and intensity drops that were pulled off was wicked high considering wrestling today. Also rarely to ladder matches have that high of a pace that fast, and have it maintained the whole match. I'm thinking your standards are really high. Both you and I and frankly everyone else that lived through the attitude era need to come to a grip and realise that we wont be getting matches like that era ever again. For a rating system that reflects matches we've had and will continue to get in the last 8 ish years to present and future, that match was probably the best MITB match WWE has had or at least up there.

Also Bray vs Bryan (the first PPV they met cant remember the name) in my opinion should be listed with the matches you said.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

The amount of high risk and intensity drops that were pulled off was wicked high considering wrestling today. Also rarely to ladder matches have that high of a pace that fast, and have it maintained the whole match. I'm thinking your standards are really high. Both you and I and frankly everyone else that lived through the attitude era need to come to a grip and realise that we wont be getting matches like that era ever again. For a rating system that reflects matches we've had and will continue to get in the last 8 ish years to present and future, that match was probably the best MITB match WWE has had or at least up there.

Also Bray vs Bryan (the first PPV they met cant remember the name) in my opinion should be listed with the matches you said.

It was good, like I said.  Probably one of the best MITB matches I can think of.  With that being said, the ending dropped it quite a bit for me and on top of that, I just watched a better ladder match on TNA a few weeks ago and I think that spoiled me a bit.

Bryan vs Bray was definitely good.  Devise likes HHH vs Bryan a lot at Mania (which was solid).  There have actually been a lot of solid matches this year already (on Raw too).  Been a lot of shitty stuff too but you take what you get.

I think if they got rid of some of the stupid nonsense shit and up their PPV quality a little, they will have something going quite well.  I don't think the Attitude Era would work anymore but if they just focus more on the wrestling and put the good promos that end up on wwe.com (see below) on TV, the product will be much better...even for those who are more critical of it like myself and Devise.

A big thing he and I have an issue with is the lack of characters and properly built feuds (how many PPV matches are made the week before?).

http://vimeo.com/99599720

Edited by Advantage

Yeah WWE characters today are all about marketing and nothing more. It's why I rallied behind Bryan so much. WWE so badly wanted him to just be the yes chant upper mid carder but the crowd said no. While he still is marketed we got promos about the small town Indy kid who wasn't supposed to make it. He evolved into an actual character.

Look up and down the roster, who even has a actual character story arc that progresses and grows? Everything is just a gimmick granted some of them good but none the less the purpose and objective is the same. Bray Wyatt was once a creepy cult leader with a hidden agenda, was his plan to take over WWE? Nope. He lost all his character and now sings, uses catch phrases and panders to the fans all the while he randomly attacks random faces.

Again I could rant forever but WWE establishes a gimmick and the base to a character then stops gets that over and wonders why their losing stock prices and talent rarely gets over. Stories, fueds, characters. Not just a you took my divas title so let's randomly fight for a few months with barely any promo time.

Guest Svoboda_3

I think there's too many wrestlers on the roster as opposed to the early 90's/2000's and as a result they try to incorporate all these guys into the show in some aspect and for me, I despise a bunch of 6-man tag matches and created tag teams like RybAxel on a whim just to get more involved in the show.

It was good to see Jericho make an appearance, but Raw was pretty bland last night.

• 2 weeks later...

100% Is he ever not wasted? 

He was definitely the most entertaining part.  I also liked the Sting Video and I mean...Bo Dallas is the man.  I was marking out while talking to Devise.

Ryan Power
[2014-07-14 10:23:54 PM] Christopher Miller: YES
[2014-07-14 10:23:55 PM] Christopher Miller: BO
[2014-07-14 10:23:57 PM] Christopher Miller: BO
[2014-07-14 10:24:09 PM] Christopher Miller: BO'S RING
[2014-07-14 10:24:12 PM] Christopher Miller: IT IS BO'S RING
[2014-07-14 10:24:18 PM] Ryan Power: your ring
[2014-07-14 10:24:21 PM] Ryan Power: it is boring
[2014-07-14 10:24:31 PM] Christopher Miller: ROFL
[2014-07-14 10:25:00 PM] Ryan Power: i so saw this coming
[2014-07-14 10:25:01 PM] Ryan Power: squash time
[2014-07-14 10:25:03 PM] Christopher Miller: ROFL
[2014-07-14 10:25:05 PM] Christopher Miller: KILL EM BO
[2014-07-14 10:25:10 PM] Christopher Miller: 15 AND BO
[2014-07-14 10:25:10 PM] Ryan Power: bo dallas loses to great khali :P
[2014-07-14 10:25:13 PM] Christopher Miller: NO
[2014-07-14 10:25:20 PM] Christopher Miller: HIS STREAK WILL LAST LONGER THAN TAKERS
[2014-07-14 10:25:27 PM] Ryan Power: his streak ends tonight
[2014-07-14 10:25:34 PM] Ryan Power: to the punjabi playboy
[2014-07-14 10:25:39 PM] Christopher Miller: lol
[2014-07-14 10:25:44 PM] Ryan Power: JESUS BIG SHOW
[2014-07-14 10:25:46 PM] Ryan Power: ERR
[2014-07-14 10:25:47 PM] Ryan Power: jbl
[2014-07-14 10:25:48 PM] Ryan Power: ffs
[2014-07-14 10:25:50 PM] Ryan Power: awful commentator
[2014-07-14 10:26:02 PM] Christopher Miller: Bo looks so happy
[2014-07-14 10:26:04 PM] Ryan Power: how long till bo dallas loses?
[2014-07-14 10:26:08 PM] Christopher Miller: what an inspiration
[2014-07-14 10:26:19 PM] Christopher Miller: he's winning bo
[2014-07-14 10:26:29 PM] Ryan Power: no he isn't
[2014-07-14 10:26:38 PM] Ryan Power: this match has already gone 4 seconds longer than i thought
[2014-07-14 10:26:43 PM] Christopher Miller: he will bolieve to victory
[2014-07-14 10:26:58 PM] Ryan Power: oh god
[2014-07-14 10:27:02 PM] Ryan Power: if bo dallas wins by fucking count out
[2014-07-14 10:27:10 PM] Christopher Miller: im behind a bit btw
[2014-07-14 10:27:20 PM] Ryan Power: khali just went over the ropes on mine a bit ago
[2014-07-14 10:27:28 PM] Christopher Miller: 3
[2014-07-14 10:27:34 PM] Christopher Miller: yes
[2014-07-14 10:27:34 PM] Christopher Miller: BO DOG
[2014-07-14 10:27:36 PM] Christopher Miller: BO DOG
[2014-07-14 10:27:40 PM] Christopher Miller: GET IN THE RING
[2014-07-14 10:27:42 PM] Christopher Miller: 15 AND BO
[2014-07-14 10:27:45 PM] Christopher Miller: 15 AND BO
[2014-07-14 10:27:58 PM] Christopher Miller: YES
[2014-07-14 10:28:15 PM] Christopher Miller: ROFL
[2014-07-14 10:28:56 PM] Christopher Miller: WOW
[2014-07-14 10:28:59 PM] Christopher Miller: WHAT A SORE LOSER
[2014-07-14 10:29:05 PM] Ryan Power: i feel like
[2014-07-14 10:29:07 PM] Christopher Miller: SUCH A SOUR PUSS
[2014-07-14 10:29:12 PM] Ryan Power: this is what you'd feel like
[2014-07-14 10:29:14 PM] Ryan Power: or do feel like
[2014-07-14 10:29:16 PM] Ryan Power: when we watch chris hero videos
Edited by Advantage

seemed like a filler ppv to me with 0 to little substance. Tag team match was great even though I think they should have given it to the Wyatts, the rest of the card was stupid. Don't know why Jericho won, what's the point? Hopefully they don't ruin the Wyatts.