WWE/General ProWres Thread

Toast

Gonna be a lot of wonderful reaction gifs at least.

No, this is wrong. Are you fisting me? This might have been an all right idea 10 years ago. Fuck this game.

You know whatever it may of been an alright idea now. But with the build they had for this? Taker deserved to go out with a match of all time. His HBK matches would of been fine to do this. But him and Lesnar gassed 10 minutes into that match and it was as average and slow as it gets. He deserved a better match and a better opponent to go out with. I can't even comprehend what just god damn well happened. 

Maybe the plan is to have Undertaker literally kill Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania next year for the World Championship. Then a horse will literally rise from Hell and he will ride away into retirement, and never be seen again. That might be the only way to justify it.

I don't know what's the worse..

Ending the streak to the biggest piece of shit ever or putting the fucking Divas match after the biggest upset in sports entertainment history.

Well at least they got the ending down right. The crowd was out of the match at first still reeling from Taker but after they sold Bryan really getting all the odds stacked against him the crowd bought back in. What a reaction he got after the win. FINALLY the story gets a proper conclusion! 

Oh, my feels. So many Wrestlemania moments that I personally will never forget. Cesaro... the streak ending (FUCK BORK)... DB... man, things were just insane. I'm confident in saying it was one of the best Manias in awhile, that's for sure.

Smart business move by WWE to have someone end the streak in what most likely seems to be Taker's last match. Instead of going with the horribly predictable, they went with the unpredictable buzz move to get people who don't even watch WWE to start talking about it.

Could've been done in a much better fashion, but that ending was legendary.

Great WrestleMania overall.

I'm waiting for Devise to shit on it.

Smart business move by WWE to have someone end the streak in what most likely seems to be Taker's last match. Instead of going with the horribly predictable, they went with the unpredictable buzz move to get people who don't even watch WWE to start talking about it.

Could've been done in a much better fashion, but that ending was legendary.

Great WrestleMania overall.

I'm waiting for Devise to shit on it.

It was Takers last match and it is why they called the ending. Don't like who it was given to but WWE really didn't have any other options. It makes Lesnar a top heel now for sure and he can throw the rub from it off to somebody else down the line.

In regards to shitting on it. It wasn't the best mania ever or anything. Bryan/HHH was a good opener and Cena/Bray was a good story telling match. Taker/Lesnar was simply an average match which upset me with the ending. I'd rather Taker go out in an epic match not what that was. Mostly stomps and rest holds. But to be honest Taker probably pushed it and went a year too long. The midcard was meh. Cesaro getting the win panders to me and the rest sure, but nobody got entrances the match was short as shit and it doesn't make up for the fact that nobody had any good stories going in from that perspective. But I knew that going in and was happy Cesaro won.

Shield match was a joke. Not even a match. Again cool to see them win but would of liked to seen a worked match there. Main event was a great conclusion to a story that went on far too long but still was an epic moment. Crowd went insane at the end and it was great. Match itself was paced and booked smartly to rebound the crowd post Lesnar. But all the backstage segments with legends were awkward and childish. Seeing the opening with Hogan Austin and Rock was novel and entertaining for a bit but having them come back and WWE tell me it's a Mania moment when all those guys are doing is promoting the show and spouting off catch phrases is a bit forced.

All in all it was a usual post Wrestlemania 20 Mania. Tons of hype, some delivered, some didn't, some shocks, some good moments, some stinkers. If it were a regular PPV it'd be a good show but Mania rarely lives up to the hype these days. So it's a pass. :P Does that work for shitting on it Homesick? :P 

HHH vs Bryan -> 4/5 stars.  Best match of the night.  HHH looked good and Bryan was excellent.  Tiger suplex was a nice spot for sure! Could have done without Stephanie yelling though.

Shield vs Old Age Outlaws/Big Red Dud -> 1.5/5 stars.  The Shield is arguably the best thing going right now, and they got 2 minutes? Da fuck? Nice squash match.

Andre the Giant Battle Royal -> 2.5/5 stars.  Awesome moment at the end with Cesaro but battle royals are usually not very entertaining.  Hopefully they use this as a stepping stone for Cesaro.  If they do, then this rating goes up.  Essentially, 2.5 points for that ending though...unreal strength even if that was assisted.

Bray Wyatt vs Cena -> 3/5 stars.  Slower pace than I would like but there was some really good story telling in this.  Some cool creepy moments by Bray too.  Disappointed that Bray didn't go over though and the fact Cena flat out kicked out of Sister Abigail pissed me off.  In other words, was decent but some moments ruined it from being better for myself.

Undertaker vs Lesnar -> 2/5 stars.  Really boring...really sad to watch honestly.  Ending was shocking no doubt...but not really shocking good for me because there are few guys I'd rather see less break that streak.  Have to think Taker pulled the trigger on this one and it is his last match...and if not...I am very disappointed that two decades of building up led to him losing to a part-time money grabber.

Diva's Piss Break Match -> 0.5/5 stars.  Really? Paige is on NXT...Sasha Banks is on NXT...Emma, Natalya, Alicia Fox, AJ Lee, Naomi and Tamina all have at least a little talent and this is what it results in? Nice to see AJ isn't completely hated by the company yet and I was surprised to see her win, but this was nothing more than what was expected...a filler match to get over one of the most shocking endings in history.

Bryan vs Orton vs Batista -> 3.5/5 stars.  Pretty good.  Bryan was good...Orton was excellent, especially with playing to the crowd.  That spot with the table was cool but also rather painful after seeing Orton land on that monitor.  A little played out for the ending to me but it is nice seeing DB get his moment.

2.75/5 show for me.  A little disappointed that I ordered it but I am rather curious where they go with all of this plus Sting.

Also that promo at the beginning was pretty cool.  Always nice to see Rock/Austin.

Edited by Advantage

So fake wrestling still sucks then?

Normally I would not comment, but I get tired of hearing the word "fake" in front of wrestling.

Lets watch a fake black guy shoot his way to saving his wife...that is Django Unchained..and that is fake yet no one cares.  You won't see me saying "HA ITS FAKE"...it's a fucking movie and this is a tv show.

Wrestling is scripted but guys actually take the bumps.  For those that have been in the ring, they know that the ropes alone suck to run, much less taking bumps in the ring, outside the ring, etc.