Claimed: Some of My Favorite Trades I've Made [1/2]

Trade Me

(I say this to @Smarch every day)

I've been a GM since S42 outside of one season off when Kesler made a mess, and have made a lot of trades in that time. Like most, I have had some clear wins, some clear losses, and some washes when it comes to trades. Today I will be looking at some of my favorite trades I've made, because why would I talk about my mistakes?

Trades Completed Between Season 42 and Season 43

To YTzfe5K.png
(S40) LW - Rami Jakobssen
S44 QUE 2nd (RW Ash Stevens)

To IhclZ49.png
S44 HSK 2nd (C Jefferson Jackson)
S45 CGY 2nd (LW Danger Van der Merwe)

Calgary Wranglers GM: Austin Gow
Quebec City Meute GM: Clinton Chevy

This trade was a clear steal for me. I think at the time Kesler needed to get rid of someone for cap reasons, and he chose Jakobssen as he was more of a depth player than a star. But Jakobssen turned into a very useful depth player, I think ending up around 550 or 600 tpe if I remember correctly. He stayed active, and was a solid contributor to the team. In exchange for him, I only gave up two crappy 2nd round picks that resulted in inactive players that no one has ever heard of. I also got a 2nd back in exchange to add some more gravy. 600ish tpe player for two inactives is a trade I will make all day.

Trades Completed Between Season 43 and Season 44
June 22, 2015 - June 29, 2015

To YTzfe5K.png
(S39) RW - Jackson Miller  @Beketov
(S40) C - Tyler Cote @Ball

To StPYNLI.png
S45 CGY 1st (G Ryan Price)
S46 CGY 2nd (D Zach Voss)

Calgary Wranglers GM: Austin Gow
Toronto Legion GM: Sachimo Zoidberg

This is the trade that was vital to Calgary winning the cup in S44. While Miller and Cote were not top 5 elite players by any means, they were top 15 players and good enough to hold their own against other teams' first lines. Additionally, both were very vocal and helped made the team active and fun to be on. This was my only time playing with Beketov I believe and I miss being on a team with that class act. In exchange for these two great players, I gave up a 1st and 2nd that both turned into busts. 

Trades Completed Between Season 53 and Season 54

This one wasn't in the trade tracker because commies are lazy and haven't updated it for a while. This annoys me because I had to do research to see who I drafted with the picks. I too am lazy.

To Calgary:

NYA S54 1st (Verner Reinholdt) - then turned into S55 5th overall, aka Jake Scheel

TOR S54 2nd (Jon Snow)

NYA S55 1st (traded as half of package to get to 1st overall and select Frank)

To New York:

Motherfucker Sharpe

I don't think this is an overwhelming win for me because @Devise knew what he was getting in @JardyB10. Jardy gave him a dependable player that he knew would be around, because if you can't trust a member on blue team to stay active then you can't trust anyone. The slight problem for Devise is that Jardy made his player a bit of a goon, putting some tpe into areas that may not be as productive. In exchange, I took on the riskier side as you never know how draft picks will turn it. The S54 NYA 1st essentially turned into Jake Scheel, and @MD9 is looking like a good active player who will be part of my core. Jon Snow, @ChiefNoka4 got off to a promising start and hopefully he sticks around, I haven't heard from him for a bit. Lastly, I got NYA S55 1st, which I traded as part of my package to get 1st overall. I think I got some more value out of this, but I find this trade really interesting because of all the moving parts!

Thanks hope you enjoyed bye

Edited by eaglesfan036

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: Some of My Favorite Trades I've Made [1/2]