Claimed: Season 56 VHLM Dispersal Draft...Greatest of All Time?

Corco

VHLM Set for Historic Draft

2017-nhl-draft-prospects.jpg

(from left) Chase Keller, Keaton Louth, Mats Johnsson, and Jeff Gow are just the tip of the iceberg for the S56 VHLM Draft

Link to Draft Thread

VHLM HEADQUARTERS - Despite being a lightning rod of controversy in the past few VHL seasons, it looks like the VHLM finally has something going for it now. Thanks to a [depending on the way you look at it] successful recruitment drive this past season, the VHLM is going to have the biggest draft in the league's history this offseason. There are currently 51 prospects eligible for the draft, the highest number of draftees ever. There have been other large drafts throughout the VHLM's history, but none have reached the amount of prospects that S56 will have; some drafts have had prospects in the high-30s and low-40s, but never over 50. Not only does this draft boast a large quantity, but it looks to be filled to the brim with quality as well.

Centers

The center-ice forward position of the S56 VHLM Draft features some new faces, as well as some old. Ulyanin Namestnikov and Mike Szatkowski III both appear to be promising mid-tier prospects who, if given the proper time to develop, look to develop into reliable #2C's. Not much history is known about the new guys, John Forrester, Rudy Tabootie, Arbin Asipi, and the Asians, so any development by them is positive. And last but not least, is Canadian-born Chase Keller; from the moment of his declaration for the draft, Keller appeared to be a consensus #1 overall pick and that same idea still holds true now. Keller will likely go to the Yukon Rush at 1st overall, giving the franchise an electrifying player who can put asses in the seats and raise those asses with his magical talent.

Left Wingers

Left Wing looks to have a few promising players for this draft. Headlining this group is Jeff Gow, a prototypical scoring winger from the United States. Gow definitely could be a 1st round pick depending on what VHLM teams are looking for from the draft. Following Gow in terms of skill are Shiro, Ozamataz Buckshank, and Ben Green. The latter showed a huge amount of promise when he entered the VHLM last season, but has seen his draft stock slip after continuously missing practice and team meetings. Buckshank and Shiro look to have some promising potential though, and they should be raring to go after joining the league past the deadline to join a VHLM team last season.

Right Wingers

The other wing position looks to fare the same as it's opposite; one prospect, The Process, looks to have a lot of promise, while the rest descend in terms of quality. Sadio Salah, Bradley Marko, Matt Denning, Oskar Ingolfsson, Jules Cedric-Labrie, and David Kiaskov all have shown that they have something to prove in the VHLM this season, but none of them will likely be drafted until the 3rd round.

Defensemen

The VHL as a whole has had a bit of an influx of blueliners thanks to the 2nd-Player-Project, and you can definitely see this here. Ko Kane, Casey Jones, and Bonér are all 2nd-player-project defenders who are near the top of this draft class. There is good depth past the top tier though, as players like Igor Mjers, Jabby McFullO'Schmidt, Keaton Louth, Mats Johnsson, and Colton Rayne all look like future VHL defenders who can impact the game positively for their clubs.

Goaltender

The goal crease is arguably this draft's biggest strength. There are enough goalies in this draft for every single VHLM team to have a starting netminder with VHL-starter potential. The lower-end goalies Reinis Skele, Cassius Volcatius, Miguel Luc-Legrand, and Rennie Bacani all already have their work cut out for them in the upcoming season, most of which will mostly be viewed by them from the bench. Shawn Brodeur, Norris Kensington, Brienne O'Tarth, Michael Roy, and Ike Arkander all should find themselves getting all the icetime they need to reach their full potential as starting goaltenders this upcoming season.

For Schmeckeldorf

Damnit @Corco, just for putting me in the 2nd tier, I'm gonna be the top drafted Dman in S57!

but yeah, I'm pretty sure that the top 5 in this draft is already close to the top 5 in the s56 draft, in terms of TPE (aside from McAllister)

Edited by Quik

Just now, Megster said:

Okay this might sound like a stupid question but why do you keep saying "for Schmeckledorf" is this like some reference I'm not getting?

If you have two players you're supposed to denote which PTs are for which player (I have two)

3 minutes ago, Corco said:

If you have two players you're supposed to denote which PTs are for which player (I have two)

oh lol never mind ignore me, I seen Kendrick on graphics too should of got the hint he said for someone and I was like huh that's weird I thought it was for me

15 hours ago, Megster said:

oh lol never mind ignore me, I seen Kendrick on graphics too should of got the hint he said for someone and I was like huh that's weird I thought it was for me

I was wondering if anyone was confused by this the other day. Glad you spoke up