Top VHFL players (and Group 1 standings)

scoop

With just 12 games to go in the season, I suppose we could use a VHFL update. Not really much of a surprise, Hudson Abbott is the top fantasy scorer. While his pace has certainly slowed ever since he was traded, he looks like he will be able to hold onto the top spot as the season comes to a close. Second to him is, unsurprisingly, another defenseman in Aleksei Federov. Unlikely what we've seen in previous seasons, aside from these two players, most of the top scoring players are actually good players on good teams, rather than players are bad teams that have padded stats. The top ten consists of six defensemen and four forwards, which is a typical split, as defensemen usually claim the majority of the top spots.

Top 10 Fantasy Scorers:

D Hudson Abbott (254.4)

D Aleksei Federov (222.8)

F Diana Maxwell (221)

F Theo Axelsson (219.8)

D Bobby Digital (215.8)

D Fabio Jokinen (207.6)

F Fook Yu (200.4)

D Lee King Snatch (199.6)

D Alexander Thrower (194.6)

As for the goalies, the top three are

Markus King (173.66)

Apollo Skye (173.07)

mist4ke (172.09)

These three stand above the rest with a bit of a gap between the next closest. King and Skye's point profile is made up of a lot of wins and shutouts, while mist4ke has a healthy lead in saves putting him in the top three.

As for Group 1, @Bushito is winning, as I expected. Hudson Abbott was a crucial player, but I'm actually a bit surprised that in just the skaters scoring, I am leading the way. It's a slight lead, but having four of the top eight players will get you there. However, Bushito has Skye and I have Astrid Moon, who has struggled. I currently trail him by about 20 points, at scores of roughly 1166 and 1146 for him and myself, respectively. @Green and @Frank have solid scores but are still over 100 points behind me, while @TheLastOlympian07 is in 5th place. Bringing up the rear is

@punkhippie

I could definitely still catch Bushito for first, and the race between Green and Frank for 3rd is even closer. Could be interesting to follow this group as the season comes to a close.

for Maxwell

image.png