Claimed: Beaviss Top 3 (Goalie Edition)

Beaviss

image.png.b408dd4d0b1dfab57cccedded9a1b9

On this edition of Beaviss's Top 3 we are looking at the Goalie position. Unfortunately the last position on my list(not sure what to do now every week). Because of the small amount of goalies this edition will be a bit different. I will highlight the Top 2 goalies in the league but this wont be an insult against the other goalies. This list is about quality not quantity so because of how little goalies there are in the league unfortunately he has to be only two goalies.

image.jpeg

Ike Arkander Ottawa Lynx :ott:

@STZ

We start our list off with Arkander. The second round pick in the VHLM Entry Draft is also the arguably the best goaltender in the VHLM carrying the Lynx to 2nd place in the league with his sometimes stellar goaltending.

Arkander led the league in Save Percentage, Goals Against Average, Shutouts and Penalty Shot Percentage stopped. He had 6 Shutouts! that's almost a shutout for every 10 games played. The Lynx went through some hard times through the middle of the season. When the teams chemistry kind of wavered for a bit and Arkander's stats suffered because of it or else who knows how much better his stats would have been.

The Lynx General Manager talked about how they are going to be relying heavily on Arkander's impressive resume to get them through the tough upcoming playoffs. Although Arkander has had a couple of bad early playoffs games the Lynx are hoping he can hold the fort for the rest of it. (Team finished in 2nd place)

image.jpeg

Norris Kensington Yukon Rush :yuk:

@Bushito

This next pick could be controversial but the stats do not lie. Kensington while on a lesser team put up some stellar numbers. He was good enough to get a .896 save percentage while receiving 2297 shots against which is 2nd most in the league. While he was 2nd in the league he could have very easily been 1st in shots against but he played only 68 games where the rest of the goalies played 72.

Coming in 4th in wins isn't the best especially when there is only 5 teams in the league but most scouts say that was the team in front of hims problem not his. Unfortunately it looks like the Rush will not be making it past the first round. (Team finished 4th place)

Honorable Mention:

(This week there will only be one but will get a small write up)

Shawn Brodeur :veg:@TheLastOlympian07

Because of the small amount of goalies in the league im only doing one but this goalie comes 3rd on my list he was good enough to be the leader in wins but his stats do not reflect his teams dominance coming in 4th in save percentage but 2nd in goals against average. (Team finished in 1st place)

So this is the end of the Beaviss top 3's unfortunately theirs no more positions to cover. Maybe next year I will start my list up again but for now that's a wrap. Good luck all teams in the playoffs especially the Lynx and maybe the Wild.

My goalie blows, probably the worst of the 4 I've made and he isn't needed anyway. I only made Kensington to help win in Oslo when I was GM. He can go to retirement and I can make a good defender next.

1 minute ago, Bushito said:

My goalie blows, probably the worst of the 4 I've made and he isn't needed anyway. I only made Kensington to help win in Oslo when I was GM. He can go to retirement and I can make a good defender next.

Played well this season

7 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

On this edition of Beaviss's Top 3 we are looking at the Goalie position. Unfortunately the last position on my list(not sure what to do now every week).

I know how that feels, not knowing what to write sometimes. When I first started it was hard to come up with ideas every week, but it gets a lot easier once you make it to the VHL and pay attentions to all the happenings there as well. I used to do interviews as well where I would just interview my own player with made up questions.

Part of reason I got into Photoshop was to start making graphics, and I've been learning and getting a lot better. It definitely helps take away some of that concern of media spot ideas.

There's only so many times you can write an individual player stat article, team stat article, top players article, etc etc etc before it feels a little bland. :P Although I actually don't mind them myself since I can spew out 500 words no problem for TPE. :lol:

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

I know how that feels, not knowing what to write sometimes. When I first started it was hard to come up with ideas every week, but it gets a lot easier once you make it to the VHL and pay attentions to all the happenings there as well. I used to do interviews as well where I would just interview my own player with made up questions.

Part of reason I got into Photoshop was to start making graphics, and I've been learning and getting a lot better. It definitely helps take away some of that concern of media spot ideas.

There's only so many times you can write an individual player stat article, team stat article, top players article, etc etc etc before it feels a little bland. :P Although I actually don't mind them myself since I can spew out 500 words no problem for TPE. :lol:

Send me all the ideas you have so I can have stuff every week

• Corco changed the title to Claimed: Beaviss Top 3 (Goalie Edition)