Returning the favor

scoop

A long time ago in a sim league far away, @Tyler had a player named Jake Jones. Jake Jones was the quarterback for the team of which I was the GM. While still a relatively young player, Tyler surprisingly retired Jake Jones, leaving my team in an unexpected bind. Tyler didn't recreate a player or anything. In fact, he wasn't super active in the league. It was one of those "I send you links to all the easy points and tell you all the points you have to update" situations. But nonetheless, I wasn't expecting an early retirement when things were going so well for his player. (Relatively unimportant side note: years later after this league went under and I was more prominently a VHL member, I learned from Laker12 that he (Laker) had told Tyler to retire Jake Jones and that was enough to get him to do so.)

Tyler has recently been named of the HC Davos Dynamo. That happens to be the team that Diana Maxwell is on, and contractually obligated to for one more season. Although it's just one more season before her retirement, it would be disappointing to lose one of the best players in the league. However, I still remember the Jake Jones retirement, so now it's time to return the favor for that. I will lose out on a season of Maxwell, but she already has a chance at the Hall of Fame while having just an outside shot at either 400 goals or 800 points if I were to continue, so it's not that big of a deal to me.

Jk though I'm looking forward to having Tyler on board as GM of the team and Maxwell will definitely be playing in S57.

(not for points because I'm a silly dum dum who already wrote a VHL.com article for both of my players)

Edited by Strtlght

2 hours ago, Tyler said:

I thought Jake Jones was a hall of fame talent

He was, even with the early retirement probably. I don't believe we ever got a Hall of Fame going, but I think he would've been the second-most deserving quarterback by the end of it all.

13 hours ago, Strtlght said:

A long time ago in a sim league far away, @Tyler had a player named Jake Jones. Jake Jones was the quarterback for the team of which I was the GM. While still a relatively young player, Tyler surprisingly retired Jake Jones, leaving my team in an unexpected bind. Tyler didn't recreate a player or anything. In fact, he wasn't super active in the league. It was one of those "I send you links to all the easy points and tell you all the points you have to update" situations. But nonetheless, I wasn't expecting an early retirement when things were going so well for his player. (Relatively unimportant side note: years later after this league went under and I was more prominently a VHL member, I learned from Laker12 that he (Laker) had told Tyler to retire Jake Jones and that was enough to get him to do so.)

Tyler has recently been named of the HC Davos Dynamo. That happens to be the team that Diana Maxwell is on, and contractually obligated to for one more season. Although it's just one more season before her retirement, it would be disappointing to lose one of the best players in the league. However, I still remember the Jake Jones retirement, so now it's time to return the favor for that. I will lose out on a season of Maxwell, but she already has a chance at the Hall of Fame while having just an outside shot at either 400 goals or 800 points if I were to continue, so it's not that big of a deal to me.

Jk though I'm looking forward to having Tyler on board as GM of the team and Maxwell will definitely be playing in S57.

(not for points because I'm a silly dum dum who already wrote a VHL.com article for both of my players)

INTERNATIONAL SIM LEAGUE!!!

NEW DELHI FIGHTING MONGOOSES

Crazy to think you, @Tyler, @Tagger and myself were all on the same team together well before I even knew about the VHL.