[S57] -- (S55) D - Drahoslav Detlev

Banackock

@ADV Rules are rules though. I don't like this one and I definitely feel as though it needs to be looked at. two 2nd's or a 1st and 2nd for a 30 tpe.. get real!!! No one on their right rocking chair would pay that price. So every time we come across this, more players dip back into activity because no GM in their right mind would pay that price.

I heavily feel this should be based of TPE and not money... Giving him money HELPS him and his activity. So the team has to suffer and give away huge amounts of future for someone in their 3rd year who is 300-400 TPE behind his peers? LOL

I got Peter Quill for almost the same price as the league rules state I have to pay for a 30 TPE RFA.

1 minute ago, ADV said:

I literally just offered you him for a 3rd (which you'll be lucky to ever get a player in that round that even shows up)..that is more than fair if he wants to be in Seattle.

Theoretically, based off his qualities and inactivity, he resembles someone taken in the 3rd round. Same with Greene!

The fact that both of them came back makes them.. not even sure, but us "lucky". 

Just now, Banackock said:

@ADV Rules are rules though. I don't like this one and I definitely feel as though it needs to be looked at. two 2nd's or a 1st and 2nd for a 30 tpe.. get real!!! No one on their right rocking chair would pay that price. So every time we come across this, more players dip back into activity because no GM in their right mind would pay that price.

I heavily feel this should be based of TPE and not money... Giving him money HELPS him and his activity. So the team has to suffer and give away huge amounts of future for someone in their 3rd year who is 300-400 TPE behind his peers? LOL

I got Peter Quill for almost the same price as the league rules state I have to pay for a 30 TPE RFA.

The reason we don't do TPE is so new draftees can't just pick and choose where they want to be by going to RFA..I think at least if I remember way back.

I don't disagree though that it does seem silly.

@ADV and I'm not upset with you nor arguing. Just expressing my thoughts on the stupidity surrounding this rule. It needs to be looked at. Peter Quill trade = 1st and 2nd. 30 TPE, 3 year old RFA = 1st/2nd. Makes a LOT of sense.

@ADV and I'm not upset with you nor arguing. Just expressing my thoughts on the stupidity surrounding this rule. It needs to be looked at. Peter Quill trade = 1st and 2nd. 30 TPE, 3 year old RFA = 1st/2nd. Makes a LOT of sense.

Okay just making sure.  Like I said, I'm willing to move his rights as cheap as I can..but I'm going to protect an asset.

The rule yeah..it could use work for sure.

Just now, ADV said:

The reason we don't do TPE is so new draftees can't just pick and choose where they want to be by going to RFA..I think at least if I remember way back.

I don't disagree though that it does seem silly.

So they can't choose where to go. So they take a season off like Greene did and then choose where to go!

Obviously right after the draft it shouldn't count, but he;'s been inactive for 2 full seasons. Little different than say me or you holding out and then proceeding. 

I will do the 3rd. Again, not arguing or upset at you. I just think the ruling on this is a little stupid. I see the effect they want it to carry out, but I feel they can make it stronger for situations like this. If I was';t dealing with you (someone who is a good GM and person) we may have lost a potential active player.

So they can't choose where to go. So they take a season off like Greene did and then choose where to go!

Obviously right after the draft it shouldn't count, but he;'s been inactive for 2 full seasons. Little different than say me or you holding out and then proceeding. 

I will do the 3rd. Again, not arguing or upset at you. I just think the ruling on this is a little stupid. I see the effect they want it to carry out, but I feel they can make it stronger for situations like this. If I was';t dealing with you (someone who is a good GM and person) we may have lost a potential active player.

No cause had you made an original offer to Greene, he couldn't have done what he did.

1 minute ago, ADV said:

Okay just making sure.  Like I said, I'm willing to move his rights as cheap as I can..but I'm going to protect an asset.

The rule yeah..it could use work for sure.

Yeah. I don't know if it's an asset. All he'd have to do is wait out one more season - and why on earth would anyone do that! We'd be losing a member! 

Just now, ADV said:

No cause had you made an original offer to Greene, he couldn't have done what he did.

He was on the FA sheets. I messaged him 2 days ago I believe on GOMHL to come back. If I knew I'd be paying a 1st and 2nd for compensation, I'd rather him be inactive.

So yes, it is a deal that STRONGLY needs to be looked at by the blue and BOG. 

Yeah. I don't know if it's an asset. All he'd have to do is wait out one more season - and why on earth would anyone do that! We'd be losing a member! 

Which is why I'm offering for a 3rd and not actually trying to string you for 1sts or 2nds (the original post was probably a little more straight forward than I intended).

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

He was on the FA sheets. I messaged him 2 days ago I believe on GOMHL to come back. If I knew I'd be paying a 1st and 2nd for compensation, I'd rather him be inactive.

So yes, it is a deal that STRONGLY needs to be looked at by the blue and BOG. 

He should have been marked as a RFA I think.

That way everyone knew.

I only realized yesterday morning tbf, when I realized Punkhippie handed out 2 year deals to everyone.

Just now, ADV said:

Which is why I'm offering for a 3rd and not actually trying to string you for 1sts or 2nds (the original post was probably a little more straight forward than I intended).

We would rescind our offer - which would have resulted in losing an active member (really hope the league looks at this rule). I should have checked the rulings, but also didn't think he was an RFA. I assumed he was like Greene's situation. 

Anyway, dude. Thanks for the classiness. 

1 minute ago, ADV said:

He should have been marked as a RFA I think.

That way everyone knew.

I only realized yesterday morning tbf, when I realized Punkhippie handed out 2 year deals to everyone.

Oh, yeah he should. I seen him and just tried to hop on it after losing Greene, lol. 

Just now, ADV said:

I want to add, and I know I mentioned this to @Banackock but I think it has to just be 1 year for now since Detlev is still in an entry level deal.  Though, I suppose you can technically re-sign the off-season before so who cares.

I made the change in the OP.

39 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Greene didn't take a season off just to sign where he wanted to go though. He was never even offered a contract with Seattle, which is the team you GM. So if anything he signed a contract with a team he wanted to sign with because the previous team made an error. Not sure you can fault anyone but yourself on that one.

Just now, Kendrick said:

Greene didn't take a season off just to sign where he wanted to go though. He was never even offered a contract with Seattle, which is the team you GM. So if anything he signed a contract with a team he wanted to sign with because the previous team made an error. Not sure you can fault anyone but yourself on that one.

Wait.. I GM Seattle? This all makes so much sense now. 

Yeah, I didn't sign him because of the inactivity. My bad! Not bitching about Greene though. If I would have signed him, Cologne would be paying a 1st and 2nd for him (which again, is dumb). 

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

It's alright Kendrick.  It's all been said.  

Wait.. I GM Seattle? This all makes so much sense now. 

Yeah, I didn't sign him because of the inactivity. My bad! Not bitching about Greene though. If I would have signed him, Cologne would be paying a 1st and 2nd for him (which again, is dumb). 

Hey put the attitude in, it doesn't change the error on your part.

Inactivity sure, but you realize you can sign any of your draft picks to 3 year contracts and if they never make it past the VHLM, they don't count on your cap right? Thats like GM'ing 101.

But you didn't sign him and thus no one paid anything. Not sure why you even added that part in