A bunch of suggestions [1/2]

Da Trifecta

1 minute ago, Spade18 said:

How would this destroy the league

We are trying to avoid inflation as it is. This would completely destroy everything. We lost buying TPE in the player store to lessen the inflation and now you want it to get boosted?

8 minutes ago, KGR said:

We are trying to avoid inflation as it is. This would completely destroy everything. We lost buying TPE in the player store to lessen the inflation and now you want it to get boosted?

I feel like "Destroying everything" is an over reaction.

Yes the cap would go up, but that means that people have to be way more active to gain said cap.  The points earned for things can stay the same, so it's not like welfare players are going to suddenly be netting 80 a season.  

Plus it would take a few seasons for the changes to be noticed, so it's not like we make the adjustment, and suddenly we have 6 guys scoring 200 points and everyone else being nobodies.  If we're trying to increase activity, obviously changing nothing has not worked, but changing specific things to cater to specific demographics of users isn't necessarily the answer either, but something as simple as a cap gives EVERYONE more opportunity

28 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

I feel like "Destroying everything" is an over reaction.

Yes the cap would go up, but that means that people have to be way more active to gain said cap.  The points earned for things can stay the same, so it's not like welfare players are going to suddenly be netting 80 a season.  

Plus it would take a few seasons for the changes to be noticed, so it's not like we make the adjustment, and suddenly we have 6 guys scoring 200 points and everyone else being nobodies.  If we're trying to increase activity, obviously changing nothing has not worked, but changing specific things to cater to specific demographics of users isn't necessarily the answer either, but something as simple as a cap gives EVERYONE more opportunity

The whole point of this isn't to boost inflation, that is one thing the league has been trying to stop doing. We have lost multiple things that rewarded more TPE. The allstar game is no more which was a doubles week, we lost the team PT which was up to 10 uncapped and I believe we lost the super cup as well which was when the world cup wasn't. If 1,400 TPE is achievable by the VHL elite with a cap of 9 per week capped, imagine the numbers with 13 or 15. That would translate to like 1800-2000 TPE. Those are absurd numbers for an 8 year career. Once you reach a certain amount of total TPE, then all that is left is to bank for depreciation and your attributes are in the 99's. What is the point of all that extra TPE then? To just sit there to bank so that way depreciation has no effect? Literally once you have all 99's which would be achievable a lot sooner for those top players, those who join the league will be starting their VHLM careers with like the 30 that is in place and they may not get the TPE that a Boubabi or a Kendrick would get and once they see someone already at the 175 cap when they are sitting at like 80, how discouraging is that? There is no point in raising the cap just to negate depreciation. TPE would literally sit there and have no effect at all. The amount of TPE per attribute was increased for a reason, to combat inflation. Now you want to inflate the league even worse and then have to have the amount of TPE per attribute cost go up even higher yet again?

15 minutes ago, KGR said:

There is no point in raising the cap just to negate depreciation. TPE would literally sit there and have no effect at all.

And how about making it harsher? It would make sense in case if we implement that welfare thing and raise cap for non-welfare members by some points. These welfare members won't be a shit compared to TPE whores after like second stage of regression in that case.

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

And how about making it harsher? It would make sense in case if we implement that welfare thing and raise cap for non-welfare members by some points. These welfare members won't be a shit compared to TPE whores after like second stage of regression in that case.

Why should depreciation have to change? Why even change the cap? I think a 4 tpe difference is already a huge gap after 2 seasons.

9 minutes ago, KGR said:

Why should depreciation have to change? Why even change the cap? I think a 4 tpe difference is already a huge gap after 2 seasons.

I said: in case if somehow a blue team implements the welfare upgrade. After all, we need more fresh faces and it's not like literally everyone will claim 6 TPE, it also could depend on VHLM GM's and how they are retaining new members too.

9 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

I said: in case if somehow a blue team implements the welfare upgrade. After all, we need more fresh faces and it's not like literally everyone will claim 6 TPE, it also could depend on VHLM GM's and how they are retaining new members too.

There is a welfare upgrade you can purchase in the store. What more do you need?

3 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Whatever. I tend to fuck up with grammar lately cause I'm too lazy to do double-check it before posting it.

Hide before the grammar police aka kendrick finds you

• 1 month later...